Chaminade FL schedule

54 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It makes zero sense to you because you live in a bubble and your school participates in perhaps the most objectively asinine playoff system in the entire country.

All you know is abject silliness. So anything that is normal makes zero sense to you.

I don't know what particular schools you're talking about but in what state playoff system would any of the other teams be in the same classification as STA?

St. Thomas Aquinas - 2,085

Miami Central - 1,400

American Heritage - 1,575

Chaminade-Madonna - 585

Columbus - 1,740 (all-boys)

Cardinal Gibbons - 1,031

School enrollment is irrelevant. The top teams in any given state should always be in the same playoff bracket, regardless of their size. Quality matters, not quantity.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In all fairness I'm surprised yall haven't played SJB 3 times in a season yet with how jank yalls system is... 

Say whatever you’d like but the best teams in the state are playing each other at the end of every season. Mater Dei, Bosco, and Cen10 all have completely different enrollments and are close in proximity. Should they all win 3 different state championships? I could only imagine what y’all would say if MD won a state title without playing Cen10, Bosco, SC, MV, DLS, Serra, etc. 

California doesn’t have it down perfect by any means. I do look forward to seeing the best teams in the state play each other at the end of the year. 

24 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The top teams in any given state should always be in the same playoff bracket, regardless of their size. 

You have every right to your opinion.

But this doesn't happen in basically 98% of the country.

It's basically a fringe fetish for terminally online nerds.

28 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

School enrollment is irrelevant. The top teams in any given state should always be in the same playoff bracket, regardless of their size. Quality matters, not quantity.

Agree. Look what St Frances did to Desoto, and SJB did to Allen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Over under set at 5.5 in regards to how many times the kid quotes me justifying arguably the best team in the country not playing a single nationally ranked team on their way to state title.

I'm not stupid enough to claim that Chaminade was arguably the best team in the country. That's a you problem.

There's nothing to justify since it isn't the state association's job to guarantee that Chaminade plays a nationally ranked team in their playoff bracket.

I repeat, this is the purview of terminally online nerds like you. Nobody cares about this except you. Nobody is losing sleep over Chaminade being a small Catholic school that played another small Catholic school in a football state championship game.

1 minute ago, Edison69 said:

Agree. Look what St Frances did to Desoto, and SJB did to Allen.

Exactly right Edison. To make this point, let’s look at basketball as an extreme example. St. Anthony in Jersey City led by the GOAT Bobby Hurley won 26 state championships and 4 national championships but had only a few hundred kids. Should they been playing in the playoffs against other schools of their own size? I think not!

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Normal people “The best teams in one area should play each other.”

If it was normal then why do 98% of the states *not* do it?

In reality, you're just a weirdo fringe 1 percenter who has a strange need to pontificate to other people who know way more than you do.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm not stupid enough to claim that Chaminade was arguably the best team in the country. That's a you problem.

There's nothing to justify since it isn't the state association's job to guarantee that Chaminade plays a nationally ranked team in their playoff bracket.

I repeat, this is the purview of terminally online nerds like you. Nobody cares about this except you. Nobody is losing sleep over Chaminade being a small Catholic school that played another small Catholic school in a football state championship game.

You can be happy watching St Thomas Aquinas play nobody and win a state championship. I’m sure you are!

Californians can be happy they get to watch the best teams play each other. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

You can be happy watching St Thomas Aquinas play nobody and win a state championship. I’m sure you are!

I would be satisfied with whatever the member schools wanted.

Which is *not* this open division nonsense. 

It's something that's being foisted upon us by everyone else. Including assclowns from California whose schools participate in the stupidest classification system in America.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Nobody is losing sleep over Chaminade being a small Catholic school that played another small Catholic school in a football state championship game.

I don’t think St John Bosco should play other small catholic schools for state titles just because they are one. Outside of enrollment, (I know, I know) there is zero reason for Chaminade and Clearwater central catholic to share a field for the state championship. My original comment was simply that it would be great to see the best in Dade and Broward play each other for championships. Sorry that ruffled your feathers! 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t think St John Bosco should play other small catholic schools for state titles just because they are one.

Good!

Your opinion is noted.

Why are you still here telling us this for the like the 500th time? You still have no coherent argument for it other than it's your personal preference.

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Outside of enrollment, (I know, I know) there is zero reason for Chaminade and Clearwater central catholic to share a field for the state championship.

So outside of the reason that 98% of the states have used for 100% of high school football history, there's no reason!

Crack logic my guy.