09-06 American Heritage Plantation 

09-12 Miami Edison 

09-20 Miami Norland 

09-27 Western 

10-04 Monarch

10-11 St. Thomas Aquinas 

10-18 Avant Garde Academy 

10-25 Cardinal Gibbons 

Finally STA is playing someone good in FLA . It's amazing how these teams have skirted one another, save for MC

10 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Finally STA is playing someone good in FLA . It's amazing how these teams have skirted one another, save for MC

That always baffled me about STA as well. They’ll play national OOS powers, but have always dodged the top teams in their own backyard. 

IMG_0028.gif

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the other teams don’t want play STA? 

STA has played AHP, CG, Miami Central, Columbus, MNW etc over the years. 

You can’t force teams to play you 

It helps to remember that Omaha Vol is an idiot.

38 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The issue with this is that there's always a new team that STA should play every year. And practically none of them are actual rivals.

I mean I get it... 

Schedule alignments and what not... 

But as long as MC and STA have been considered cream of the crop and y'all have only played what once or twice? 

That seems ridiculous especially when you're so close together... 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I mean I get it... 

Schedule alignments and what not... 

But as long as MC and STA have been considered cream of the crop and y'all have only played what once or twice? 

That seems ridiculous especially when you're so close together... 

He just doesn’t get it. It’s over his head. 

But seriously though, great to see STA playing top-notch competition again as well as Chaminade. I read on the Florida board that STA is playing the likes of Chaminade, Columbus, and Bishop Gorman, while Chaminade has the toughest schedule in the state. Iron sharpens Iron!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I guess if this was part of my digital track record I'd also resort to lying and desperate drive-by's.

dillard.thumb.png.b1abf67dd01f8fa9ac53f356ded3dca2.png

Isn’t it odd that you describe yourself so well while projecting your strange habits onto other people? 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 941Indian said:

Isn’t it odd that you describe yourself so well while projecting your strange habits onto other people? 🤷‍♂️ 

This doesn't even make sense. At some point your posts have to cohere to something resembling rational thought.

Here's a hint: If I AM IRONMAN is liking your posts then it's probably stupid.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 941Indian said:

Point me in the direction of any grammatical errors in my previous post. 

The fact that you think coherence and rationality are related to grammar says everything we need to know.

Not even smart enough to understand how incoherent your claims are.

Good schedule. I wish the usual 3-5 top 25 nationally ranked teams from Broward and Dade would play each other in the playoffs. I know it’s been discussed, but having multiple state champions of the same or very similar caliber within that proximity makes zero sense to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Good schedule. I wish the usual 3-5 top 25 nationally ranked teams from Broward and Dade would play each other in the playoffs. I know it’s been discussed, but having multiple state champions of the same or very similar caliber within that proximity makes zero sense to me. 

We could easily do that if the FHSAA would divide the state into 3 brackets. We have many issues with competitive balancing in Florida due to the open transfer movement and some careless choices by the FHSAA. The Metro/Suburban class system that was implemented in 2022 was the fairest system that the FHSAA has used so far. This is what I wrote on a different board a few hours ago: 

Instead of Metro/Suburban, public/private, transfer-based classes, or even promotion/demotion, what if the FHSAA broke the state into only 3 parts?: North, Central, and South. Put all of the South Florida juggernauts into their own classification and let them play for 1 championship. Combine the North Florida rural schools and let them play for one championship while Central Florida combines to one class and plays for the final state championship. Playoff seeding will be determined by districts comprised of no fewer than 4 teams as well as SOS. At the end of the season, the winner of the "North" classification, would play the winner of the "Central" classification. Afterward, the winner of that game would play the winner of the "South" classification. And for once, we would have one "true" undisputed state champion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I know it’s been discussed, but having multiple state champions of the same or very similar caliber within that proximity makes zero sense to me. 

It makes zero sense to you because you live in a bubble and your school participates in perhaps the most objectively asinine playoff system in the entire country.

All you know is abject silliness. So anything that is normal makes zero sense to you.

I don't know what particular schools you're talking about but in what state playoff system would any of the other teams be in the same classification as STA?

St. Thomas Aquinas - 2,085

Miami Central - 1,400

American Heritage - 1,575

Chaminade-Madonna - 585

Columbus - 1,740 (all-boys)

Cardinal Gibbons - 1,031

• Haha 1

We could easily do that if the FHSAA would divide the state into 3 brackets. We have many issues with competitive balancing in Florida due to the open transfer movement and some careless choices by the FHSAA. The Metro/Suburban class system that was implemented in 2022 was the fairest system that the FHSAA has used so far. This is what I wrote on a different board a few hours ago: 

Instead of Metro/Suburban, public/private, transfer-based classes, or even promotion/demotion, what if the FHSAA broke the state into only 3 parts?: North, Central, and South. Put all of the South Florida juggernauts into their own classification and let them play for 1 championship. Combine the North Florida rural schools and let them play for one championship while Central Florida combines to one class and plays for the final state championship. Playoff seeding will be determined by districts comprised of no fewer than 4 teams as well as SOS. At the end of the season, the winner of the "North" classification, would play the winner of the "Central" classification. Afterward, the winner of that game would play the winner of the "South" classification. And for once, we would have one "true" undisputed state champion.

Dumb ideas don't magically become better simply because you copy/pasted them to another board.

27 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It makes zero sense to you because you live in a bubble and your school participates in perhaps the most objectively asinine playoff system in the entire country.

All you know is abject silliness. So anything that is normal makes zero sense to you.

I don't know what particular schools you're talking about but in what state playoff system would any of the other teams be in the same classification as STA?

St. Thomas Aquinas - 2,085

Miami Central - 1,400

American Heritage - 1,575

Chaminade-Madonna - 585

Columbus - 1,740 (all-boys)

Cardinal Gibbons - 1,031

Lmfao deep breath. Sorry many feel like the best teams in one area should play each other. How asinine. St John Bosco has 800 kids so that means they should beat the shit out of schools with a similar enrollment instead of playing in the open. Got it. Enjoy this brutal playoff run! What a joke.

IMG_0450.jpeg

Put all of the South Florida juggernauts into their own classification and let them play for 1 championship.

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want this. 

Chaminade Madonna may have been the best team in the country and they played Clearwater central catholic for the state title. They outscored their opponents 210-7 in the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1