Chaminade FL schedule

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

My original comment was simply that it would be great to see the best in Dade and Broward play each other for championships. Sorry that ruffled your feathers! 

Your arguments are just stupid and are based solely on your personal preference.

You are basically just telling everyone that what you do is better because it's what you do.

29 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Over under set at 5.5 in regards to how many times the kid quotes me justifying arguably the best team in the country not playing a single nationally ranked team on their way to state title. 

14 as of this moment and asking why I’m still here. I hope you all smashed the over. I don’t think he grew up with a dad. Needy! 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

14 as of this moment and asking why I’m still here. I hope you all smashed the over. I don’t think he grew up with a dad. Needy! 

It's needy to barge into a thread about Chaminade's schedule and whine for the 900th time that another state doesn't do their playoffs the same as yours.

What's more is that the guy who's ranting about how states should have their best teams play each other is one whose school played San Mateo Serra in the state bowl game. A school that might not have even been a top 10 team in California. 

Serra's path to reach that momentous state bowl game consisted of two games.

#1458 Salinas

#1179 Wilcox

They won by a combined score of 110-34.

So only about a thousand schools would've been good enough to meet Mater Dei in the grandest high school football game of all.

Only the best, folks!

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

I think that the best teams should play each other before being crowned champions. 

Your opinion is noted.

Except that you just spent an hour fellating a team that played San Mateo Serra to win a "state" championship. A team that beat two whole schools named Salinas and Wilcox to get there.

You don't actually seem to care about the best playing each other.

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

No comment on SSD1 having 4 top 25 teams playing in it, of corse. Best playing best!

The Southern Section isn't the state.

The fact that one team can play 4 games and their opponent can play 2 (and against such slapdicks) *is* the issue.

What's more is that you're here bragging about how great it is.

Laughable.

11 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Exactly right Edison. To make this point, let’s look at basketball as an extreme example. St. Anthony in Jersey City led by the GOAT Bobby Hurley won 26 state championships and 4 national championships but had only a few hundred kids. Should they been playing in the playoffs against other schools of their own size? I think not!

It's almost like it's two completely different sports.

If you have 1-2 elite players in basketball you can beat anybody. There's no movie like Hoosiers for high school football. That's because it's extremely unlikely in a contact sport that requires 3-4x as many players on a roster a basketball.

Also, can you tell me the status of St. Anthony's today?

On 4/18/2024 at 9:36 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Not in the southern section considering they lost to the runner up at home, but yes they would've made it out of Nor Cal! 

Here's the solution! Just do what I do: outsource your thinking to people that senselessly bash California's playoff system while refusing to acknowledge Floridumb's broken system that facilitates 30+ point blowouts in state semifinals and championship games. It works for me! 🤧

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 941Indian said:

Here's the solution! Just do what I do: outsource your thinking to people that senselessly bash California's playoff system while refusing to acknowledge Floridumb's broken system that facilitates 30+ point blowouts in state semifinals and championship games. It works for me! 🤧

What's broken about Florida's playoff system? There might be too many classes?

That a pretty standard complaint.

It's not structural. It's an *actual* playoff that is based on enrollment (like 98% of the country). If the state started to socially engineer the brackets (like you want) then *that* would be an objectively broken system.

Claiming that blowouts are caused by the playoff system is extremely stupid and ahistorical. Which is par for the course for you.

The difference in today's game is that the gulf between the top teams and the above average teams is far wider than it used to be. Has nothing to do with the playoff brackets, clown.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:27 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Easily the toughest schedule in the state 

08-24 St. John Bosco 

08-30 Blanche Ely 

09-06 American Heritage Plantation 

09-12 Miami Edison 

09-20 Miami Norland 

09-27 Western 

10-04 Monarch

10-11 St. Thomas Aquinas 

10-18 Avant Garde Academy 

10-25 Cardinal Gibbons