Ryan vs highland park

Manvel vs Angleton

6AD2

Westlake vs cy fair

longview vs midway 

6AD1

Allen vs cedar ridge

Katy vs lake Travis 

in 5A college station could lose to mccallum, they are playing well. Mccallum is another Austin area team.

in 6A, anything can happen, except I expect westlake to handle cy fair.

Just got back to this. Thank you 

23 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I watched three Texas games on NFHS last night and today on demand:

6A- Waco Midway defeated Southlake Caroll 42-28. Midway went up 21-0, Carroll battled back nicely after halftime, but Midway runs a good offense with a gritty QB that can run and throw it. He ran for four touchdowns on the day (#14 QB for Midway) when caroll ties it 21-21 I was like blown away lmao I’m glad Midway handled it from there though  they were NOT to be denied! 

6A - Cedar Ridge rolled over Hendrickson. They talked about their defense in the beginning and damn lol Hendrickson had 24 yards in the first half and I think like 7 of that came on the opening run. Not sure how they’d match up with Allen but they looked good in this game. They’ll need their defense to play at that elite level as they may not win a shootout w Allen 

5A - Legacy beat Lone Star 24-20 in the best game of the weekend I saw. Lone Star chipped away at the Legacy lead over the course of the game and eventually went on top with a few minutes left. On like a 3rd and 8 w/ under three to go legacy hit a big pass over the middle and buddy made 3 lone star defenders dive and miss lol they scored on a 65ish yard play that probably should’ve been down at the 30. It was 20-17 so they may have played for the FG if Lone Star would’ve got him down. Too many lone star mistakes. They had a punt blocked that hurt them in the second half too. They were able to drive inside the 20 w 50 seconds left but didn’t convert on 4th down. Big time game w/ two lead changes under six minutes. Can’t complain at all

I would have liked Carroll's chance had the workhorse running back not been hurt!

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

6A-D1

Katy over Lake Travis

Allen over Cedar Ridge

Those 2 are easy favorites..

---

Westlake over Cy-Fair

And Waco Midway may be a tiny favorite over Longview... Or that may be a toss up the way Longviews playing

---

5A-D1

Manvel over Angleton

Denton Ryan a slight favorite over Highland Park (very slight)

-----

5A-D2

Aledo over Mansfield Legacy

College Station over McCallum

Aledo and Legacy is going to be really good game.  They played earlier this year and I went to the game.  Legacy is capable of winning this.  Aledo will need to play good!

Angleton has 5 star kid playing Safety and RB that flat go!  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Aledo and Legacy is going to be really good game.  They played earlier this year and I went to the game.  Legacy is capable of winning this.  Aledo will need to play good!

Angleton has 5 star kid playing Safety and RB that flat go!  

Manvel is going to wear out BJ Foster.  They will need more athletes to beat a talented manvel.  This is manvel's year.

16 hours ago, Texasball said:

Do you guys even play 12 games in that state

so, you premise is, more is better

how unique coming from a Texan. 

-------------------------

Allen and KT after 14 games have COMBINED, zero games vs top 100 teams. 

Pathetic. 

and, there is no way to know if they might be able to play with the countries best as a result

I would doubt they could.

TX, this year and last has really sucked at the top. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Texasball said:

Do you guys even play 12 games in that state

Pathetic. 

and, there si no way to know if they might be able to play with the countries best as a result

41 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Pathetic. 

and, there si no way to know if they might be able to play with the countries best as a result

Have you convinced anyone yet on what you are trying to sell about TXHSFB? 

In a TX thread of all places! 😂 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Have you convinced anyone yet on what you are trying to sell about TXHSFB? 

Nope

But it's a start. Someone has to push back on the ridiculous notion that more is better and noone is here to do it!

-----------------------

You know how hard it is to get people to post from reason not want?

To get people to change their embedded beliefs? 

I have my work cut out for me. :P

24 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Nope

But it's a start. Someone has to push back on the ridiculous notion that more is better and noone is here to do it!

-----------------------

Well, "less" sure isn't better if that's what you are peddling.

And, frankly NJ is the king of less.

NJ can't even match Louisiana in talent and depth.

Don't be a "guccifer" all your life.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Nope

-----------------------

Aren't you'll playing Basketball right now?.  Only the big boys are still playing football.  How do you know so much about Texas and have become such an expert?  Here are my Tiers on Texas HS Football Infatuation: I could go on but Two Tiers are enough

Texas HS OOS Tiers :D

Tier one

The Fanatics:  Noonereal, OldRabidOne

11 hours ago, noonereal said:

Pathetic. 

That is because you are stupid enough to believe in mythical polls - I will assure they have both played teams that top 100 caliber.  

Polls tell us Brentwood TN is top 100 - Yet we watched them slip by a poor  prep school Bishop Dunne.

You keep your eyes on the mythical polls - I will keep watching the best damn HS football this country has to offer.

11 hours ago, noonereal said:

Nope

-----------------------

Did any one say more is better????

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

That is because you are stupid enough to believe in mythical polls - I will assure they have both played teams that top 100 caliber.  

Polls tell us Brentwood TN is top 100 - Yet we watched them slip by a poor  prep school Bishop Dunne.

You keep your eyes on the mythical polls - I will keep watching the best damn HS football this country has to offer.

there is nothing mythical about an algorithm

just an fyi

TX is no better than any other state, they just have more

Thanks for commenting! 

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

Nope

-----------------------

Yes it is as it as been pointed out for about 8 years now. Tx has teams going to state sometimes every year playing 15-16 games a year so they have played a whole season over 3-4 years than NJ. The extra games and the chance for injuries have increased. I said it on the former NJ board years ago you still just dont get it you part timers. Now go watch your daughters soccer game

19 minutes ago, noonereal said:

awesome fallacy!!!!!

You stated:  "i repeat, more is not better"

I simply showed such an infantile statement to be ridiculous in nature.  

What experience would you have to gauge how great Texas HS football is?  Your playoffs take place after Labor Day.xD  Hell our 7th graders play schedule's like that.  Is it because you have so much time on your hands due to your season lasting only 3-4 games longer than the whole Texas Playoffs?  Do you realize Allen and others will have played more playoff games in 3 years than all of your teams do in a freaking season.  Its Longer, Harder, More difficult, and of course Better.  You recruit up 4 teams and prance them around the nation as some representative of the greatness of NJ Football.  It might be amazing but by the time HS fans are getting interested in football your season ended about 5 weeks ago. 

I have never said Texas was the Best.  But I believe no one can mention how great States are in HS Football without Texas dropping out of your orifice in the 1st statement along with Ca & Fl who happen to be pretty large themselves.