TX6A semifinalist:where they are from

Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Anyways, back to 4A football:   Don't sleep on stephenville, they have turned things around the 2d half of the season.  I'm going to watch that one tonight on NFHS.

We could have PG vs. WOS and Stephenville vs. Carthage.   I saw a few polls with WOS ranked 13th in Texas.  I haven't seen them but still suppose to have that great Defense.  PG runs the Wing T,  but offer a lot of passes out of it.  My 1st trip to the Star in Frisco.  Only 11 miles from the home and I will just run over from the High 5 to the game won't have to leave work early.  Hit me up on the Stephenville game.  

Just now, DevilDog said:

We could have PG vs. WOS and Stephenville vs. Carthage.   I saw a few polls with WOS ranked 13th in Texas.  I haven't seen them but still suppose to have that great Defense.  PG runs the Wing T,  but offer a lot of passes out of it.  My 1st trip to the Star in Frisco.  Only 11 miles from the home and I will just run over from the High 5 to the game won't have to leave work early.  Hit me up on the Stephenville game.  

Will do, keep my posted too.

Just now, Horsefly said:

Will do, keep my posted too.

Will be at the Lobo vs. Midway @ Allen tomorrow.  Got lucky Carthage and Lobos both at my back door.  2A would be the only class I haven't seen in the playoffs live this year.  I made sure to get out and enjoy TX Playoffs.  Best atmosphere was Gilmer vs. Melissa. Best Game Allen vs. ET.   But I think La Vega and Carthage and Lobos might change both of them.  Lobos will be here in droves.  Gotta get out there early.  Those Fans are crazy all the kids with Lobo shirts and that damn Howling.  Can't wait.  Beast Texas all day.

I was speaking with someone last night about the attendance record might fall if Longview makes it.  Remember if Tenaha, Newton, Carthage and PG are there along with Lobos.  All those Beast Texas folks will remain to root for Lobos who will bring no doubt 15-20k on their own and following possible Allen vs. Katy.  I expect bigger crowds than usual in that scenario. 

Back to making this money before 5:30.  :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Will be at the Lobo vs. Midway @ Allen tomorrow.  Got lucky Carthage and Lobos both at my back door.  2A would be the only class I haven't seen in the playoffs live this year.  I made sure to get out and enjoy TX Playoffs.  Best atmosphere was Gilmer vs. Melissa. Best Game Allen vs. ET.   But I think La Vega and Carthage and Lobos might change both of them.  Lobos will be here in droves.  Gotta get out there early.  Those Fans are crazy all the kids with Lobo shirts and that damn Howling.  Can't wait.  Beast Texas all day.

I think Longview takes it all, I'm changing my pick on them. Allen vs cedar ridge will be good. That's a good team, Allen better not sleep on them.  I'm going to watch katy and LT tomorrow on Texans live

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That is not Mount Pleasant, That is Pleasant Grove 4A of (Texarkana) that smoked Graham.  Yea they beat Gilmer on the road and won that district and have been mud stomping 4ADII.  They also beat 6A Ark High that beat 5A Texas High who lost by 2 pts to Highland Park.  I would say they would be a handful in 5A this year too.  And by the looks of it like most of Beast Texas speed and size for their schools numbers

You know what I meant* lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

He doesn't know how to go away, that's why he leaves the forum then comes back disguised with a different avatar and personality.

I see now.

So these two things can't exist at the same time.

"You never change! You're always a meanie!"

and

"You have multiple personalities! You come back with new names a new personality!"

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I think Longview takes it all, I'm changing my pick on them. Allen vs cedar ridge will be good. That's a good team, Allen better not sleep on them.  I'm going to watch katy and LT tomorrow on Texans live

I haven't seen Cedar Ridge it is one of multiple teams that I didn't know about till they popped up.  But I do know Allen and I value others here that see and know those teams away from the Metroplex or Beast Texas.   I am still riding with Allen seen them too many times and know what they have to offer.  They wear teams down with depth.  Cedar Ridge better put their big boy bloomers on.  I hope Ryan smokes H.P. @ the Death Star.  Bout to roll out stop and get some Kurdish Kabob's and roll out to Frisco for the game. 

• Like 1

CLASS 4A DIVISION I
STATE SEMIFINAL

Waco La Vega Pirates (14-0)

vs.

By testing La Vega's run defense early, Carthage will find out what kind of game it has in store. If successful, the Bulldogs may be able to withstand La Vega's challenge with ease. However, if Carthage has trouble establishing the ground game in the first few series, the Bulldogs will know that Plan B will be an option. And there are fewer better at in-game adjustments than the Carthage coaching staff.

Playamkers

La Vega

• RB Kemoche Hobbs, Sr., 5-9, 170 (85 carries, 1,009 yards, 19 TDs; 5 catches, 26 yards)
  • QB Jamal Williams, Sr., 6-0, 180 (118 of 183, 1,719 yards, 17 TDs, 6 INTs; 85 carries, 508 yards, 5 TDs)
  • OL Michael Fletcher, Sr., 6-6, 315
  • RB John Richards, Jr., 5-9, 180 (115 caries, 1,374 yards, 20 TDs)
  • WR Johnathan Brown, Sr., 5-10, 165 (34 catches, 649 yards, 6 TDs)
  • RB Cameron Henry, Sr., 5-7, 187 (153 carries, 1,164 yards, 18 TDs)
  • DB Donta Stuart, Jr., 5-10, 160 (9 INTs)
  • WR Taequan Tyler, Jr., 5-10, 183 (21 catches, 287 yards, 6 TDs)

Carthage

• RB Keaontay Ingram, Sr., 6-0, 190 (197 carries, 1,957 yards, 32 TDs; 22 catches, 274 yards, 2 TDs; committed to Texas)
  • QB Gunner Capps, Jr., 5-11, 170 (192 of 303, 3,381 yards, 44 TDs, 7 INTs)
  • WR Dewaylon Ingram, Sr., 6-1, 160 (54 catches, 1,005 yards, 14 TDs; committed to Sam Houston State)
  • WR Dee Bowens, Sr., 5-7, 140 (54 catches, 1,239 yards, 21 TDs; 6 carries, 28 yards)
  • LB Mykel Gates, Sr., 6-1, 221 (139 tackles, 18 for loss, 3 sacks, 6 QB pressures, 3 PBUs, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries, 2 defensive TDs)
  • LB Ahmad Brown, Sr., 6-0, 225 (137 tackles, 22 for loss, 4 sacks, 3 QB pressures, 1 PBU, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery)
  • WR/DB Mekhi Colbert, Sr., 5-9, 190 (43 catches, 696 yards, 5 TDs; 16 carries, 210 yards; 33 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 QB pressure, 6 INTs, 6 PBUs, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • DB Jacorey Ware, Jr., 6-0, 155 (32 tackles, 8 INT, 6 PBUs, 1 fumble recovery, 2 defensive TDs)

Just the facts

• La Vega is averaging 43.3 points and 458 yards per game -- 332.9 rushing and 125.1 passing.
  • La Vega's average margin of victory this season is 33.6 points.
  • La Vega is allowing 9.6 points per game, and has 22 interceptions as a team. The Pirates allow 200.4 yards per game.
  • The cumulative record of La Vega's opponents this season is 79-71 (.527).
  • Carthage is averaging 46.4 points and 456.9 yards per game -- 211.4 rushing and 245.5 passing.
  • Carthage's averaging margin of victory this season is 27.4 points.
  • Carthage is allowing 19.1 points per game, and has forced 36 turnovers -- 18 interceptions and 18 fumbles.
  • The cumulative record of Carthage's opponents this season is 77-71 (.520).

And the Waco Metro perspective on this big In State 4A battle;  Beast Texas is always Speedy xD

Breakdown: Asked what pops off the film about top-ranked Carthage, La Vega coach Willie Williams didn’t have to think about his answer.

“Speed,” he said. “We’re used to people chasing us. This week we’re going to be chasing them.”

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/preview-la-vega-vs-carthage-state-semifinal/article_d10e9e02-5c48-586d-89d5-17a21d5b0888.html

Williams expects a monster challenge from Carthage, which stuffed Henderson last week, allowing only 250 total yards and forcing four turnovers. No matter, though. La Vega is still going to be La Vega, Williams said. That means pounding the ball behind its rugged offensive line and trusting the defense to limit Carthage’s big plays.

They’ve got a heck of a running back, some excellent receivers,” Williams said. “It’s going to be a big chore, but one thing about our kids, we never back down. We fully expect to go in and win the ball game.”

Back to the 6A Semi's

http://etsn.fm/preview-longview-meets-unbeaten-hewitt-midway-in-semifinals/

CLASS 6A DIVISION II
STATE SEMIFINAL

Longview Lobos (13-1)

vs.

Hewitt Midway Panthers (14-0)

6 p.m. Saturday
Eagle Stadium, Allen

Playmakers

Longview

• QB Haynes King, Soph., 6-3, 170 (115 of 208, 1,922 yards, 23 TDs 7 INTs; 19 carries, 222 yards, 2 TDs)
  • DB Jalen Carr, Sr., 6-0, 160 (66 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 10 INTs, 5 PBUs, 3 blocked kicks)
  • DB Jephaniah Lister, Jr., 5-9, 155 (130 tackles, 4 for loss, 2 sacks, 4 INTs, 4 PBUs, 1 forced fumble, 1 blocked kick)
  • LB Ja'Vontae Writt, Jr., 5-9, 190 (90 tackles, 10 for loss, 3 sacks, 1 INT, 6 fumble recoveries)
  • RB Keilyn Williams, Jr., 5-5, 145 (170 carries, 1,125 yards, 17 TDs; 11 catches, 161 yards, 1 TD)
  • TE Jaylin Brown, Sr., 6-3, 205 (27 catches, 576 yards, 12 TDs)
  • WR Kamden Perry, Jr., 6-0, 165 (43 catches, 610 yards, TDs)
  • RB Jessie Anderson, Jr., 6-0, 225 (34 carries, 259 yards, 3 TDs)

Midway

• QB Tanner Mordecai, Sr., 6-2, 215 (255 of 424, 3,796 yards, 47 TDs, 8 INTs; 157 carries, 1,070 yards, 21 TDs; committed to Oklahoma)
  • RB James Fullbright, Jr., 5-8, 190 (231 carries, 1,696 yards, 19 TDs; 24 catches, 181 yards)
  • WR Clayton Williams, Sr., 6-1, 170 (83 catches, 1,442 yards, 19 TDs)
  • TE David Priebe, Sr., 6-6, 220 (15 catches, 183 yards, 3 TDs; committed to SMU)
  • OL Hakeem White, Sr., 6-3, 285 (committed to Texas Tech)
  • DL Jaxon Player, Sr., 6-0, 282 (117 tackles, 30 for loss, 8 sacks, 9 QB pressures, 3 forced fumbles, 1 recovery; committed to Tulsa)
  • OL Kaitori Leveston, Sr., 6-5, 290 (committed to Kansas State)
  • OL Daizion Carroll, Sr., 6-3, 305 (committed to North Texas)

Just the facts

• Longview is averaging 42.3 points and 400.6 yards per game -- 221.6 rushing and 179 passing.
  • Longview's average margin of victory this season is 21.9 points.
  • Longview is allowing 20.4 points per game, and has forced 37 turnovers -- 21 interceptions and 16 fumbles.
  • The cumulative record of Longview's opponents this season is 88-58 (.603).
  • Midway is averaging 47 points and 505.5 yards per game -- 233.5 rushing and 272 passing.
  • Midway's average margin of victory this season is 26.1 points.
  • Midway is allowing 20.9 points per game, and has forced 33 turnovers -- 16 interceptions and 17 fumbles.
  • The cumulative record of Midway's opponents this season is 96-69 (.582).