TX6A semifinalist:where they are from

Horsefly

22 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Only 2 losses between those 8. Everyone taking notice of Waco Midway now. They could definitely have a case for the best team in the state if they win 2 more.

Yep, as one of the teams they beat is semifinalist cedar ridge.  

There are 4 losses between the 8:  LT has 2 and LV and CR have 1 each

I always pull for Longview from the East. They are what 45 minutes from Shreveport?

Maybe this is the year the Lobo get's over the hump. Tough game coming up though.

The damn Texas Playoffs are like a half a season and making it 5 Rds is pretty stout however it turns out.. A lot of stuff can happen in a half of season. The Lobo has a shot.

data=3b0CAutqhkAn8f21Jwxp5MFBYTVBCSiheWOb30z5OB1iorqbTmmeYfvQk4PrLcdatdU5SIM1PrPYLjQlPOhkfnfvESe5ObHXx2H5wsIs06SJnydwiFlD1xsO1dRZ4DEHmujjWZxiPkdivxnm_6t8Jd1h-9wP9S3493_9KKje45SMET0LvmNMRKyPxC8CmPqhCg2wr9OwDXNIsN2wWkG5Rtw.png

• Thanks 1

5a Div 1 is loaded this year. My guess is probably Ryan wins it all. Looks like they had mercy on Coronado if you look at the score by quarters box. They probably pulled their starters in the 4th. Would like to see Manvel and Angleton next week at NRG. Those schools are maybe 25 miles apart. I'll probably stay out of Houston and just go down the block to watch WOS and Wimberly in the 4a Div 2 semifinal.

I watched three Texas games on NFHS last night and today on demand:

6A- Waco Midway defeated Southlake Caroll 42-28. Midway went up 21-0, Carroll battled back nicely after halftime, but Midway runs a good offense with a gritty QB that can run and throw it. He ran for four touchdowns on the day (#14 QB for Midway) when caroll ties it 21-21 I was like blown away lmao I’m glad Midway handled it from there though  they were NOT to be denied! 

6A - Cedar Ridge rolled over Hendrickson. They talked about their defense in the beginning and damn lol Hendrickson had 24 yards in the first half and I think like 7 of that came on the opening run. Not sure how they’d match up with Allen but they looked good in this game. They’ll need their defense to play at that elite level as they may not win a shootout w Allen 

5A - Legacy beat Lone Star 24-20 in the best game of the weekend I saw. Lone Star chipped away at the Legacy lead over the course of the game and eventually went on top with a few minutes left. On like a 3rd and 8 w/ under three to go legacy hit a big pass over the middle and buddy made 3 lone star defenders dive and miss lol they scored on a 65ish yard play that probably should’ve been down at the 30. It was 20-17 so they may have played for the FG if Lone Star would’ve got him down. Too many lone star mistakes. They had a punt blocked that hurt them in the second half too. They were able to drive inside the 20 w 50 seconds left but didn’t convert on 4th down. Big time game w/ two lead changes under six minutes. Can’t complain at all

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I watched three Texas games on NFHS last night and today on demand:

6A- Waco Midway defeated Southlake Caroll 42-28. Midway went up 21-0, Carroll battled back nicely after halftime, but Midway runs a good offense with a gritty QB that can run and throw it. He ran for four touchdowns on the day (#14 QB for Midway) when caroll ties it 21-21 I was like blown away lmao I’m glad Midway handled it from there though  they were NOT to be denied! 

6A - Cedar Ridge rolled over Hendrickson. They talked about their defense in the beginning and damn lol Hendrickson had 24 yards in the first half and I think like 7 of that came on the opening run. Not sure how they’d match up with Allen but they looked good in this game. They’ll need their defense to play at that elite level as they may not win a shootout w Allen 

5A - Legacy beat Lone Star 24-20 in the best game of the weekend I saw. Lone Star chipped away at the Legacy lead over the course of the game and eventually went on top with a few minutes left. On like a 3rd and 8 w/ under three to go legacy hit a big pass over the middle and buddy made 3 lone star defenders dive and miss lol they scored on a 65ish yard play that probably should’ve been down at the 30. It was 20-17 so they may have played for the FG if Lone Star would’ve got him down. Too many lone star mistakes. They had a punt blocked that hurt them in the second half too. They were able to drive inside the 20 w 50 seconds left but didn’t convert on 4th down. Big time game w/ two lead changes under six minutes. Can’t complain at all

Midways offense will keep them in the remaining games, win or lose.  Their strength is the OL, which is anchored by 3-4 FBS kids.

cedar ridge is a new school that drew from stony point which was a Texas power a few years ago.  They have put together an impressive 34-4 record the past three years.  They will give Allen all they can handle, their strength will be quickness, speed and athleticism.  Don't be surprised in the upset.

they are a part of the Austin area along with westlake and lake Travis.  Look for this area to improve as there is a lot of growth in the Austin area.

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Longview is 2-0 vs Midway all time including a classic in 2008 4th Rd of the playoffs.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/midway-panthers-(waco,tx)/football-fall-08/schedule.htm

2017, another classic?

Could be, midway has a different HC than those previous games.  But LV is here for a reason, they can win any of these remaining two games,  they have a very fast defense. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Who are the favorites in the semi games between 5A and 6A?

5AD2

aledo vs Mansfield legacy 

mccallum vs college station 

5AD1

Ryan vs highland park

Manvel vs Angleton

6AD2

Westlake vs cy fair

longview vs midway 

6AD1

Allen vs cedar ridge

Katy vs lake Travis 

in 5A college station could lose to mccallum, they are playing well. Mccallum is another Austin area team.

in 6A, anything can happen, except I expect westlake to handle cy fair.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Who are the favorites in the semi games between 5A and 6A?

6A-D1

Katy over Lake Travis

Allen over Cedar Ridge

Those 2 are easy favorites..

---

Westlake over Cy-Fair

And Waco Midway may be a tiny favorite over Longview... Or that may be a toss up the way Longviews playing

---

5A-D1

Manvel over Angleton

Denton Ryan a slight favorite over Highland Park (very slight)

-----

5A-D2

Aledo over Mansfield Legacy

College Station over McCallum

• Like 1

I resubscribed to Flofootball last night...

They stream a TON of Texas games, especially this past weekend...

I watched Westlake vs Steele last night on Flo....

But Longview vs Lufkin, Lake Travis vs SA O'Connor,  Denton Ryan vs Coronado, McCallum vs Calallen, & Brock vs Comanche were all streamed this week also.

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I resubscribed to Flofootball last night...

They stream a TON of Texas games, especially this past weekend...

I watched Westlake vs Steele last night on Flo....

But Longview vs Lufkin, Lake Travis vs SA O'Connor,  Denton Ryan vs Coronado, McCallum vs Calallen, & Brock vs Comanche were all streamed this week also.

You pay for that crap?

• Like 1

One common opponent for both Cedar Ridge and Allen is Coppell. CR beat them in OT 35 - 34. Allen handled them a little easier 35 - 23.

I'm sure Cedar Ridge is good and has talent, but I don't see them beating Allen.

I don't really see any impressive wins on their schedule. I guess Temple counts a little. They lost to the one top team they did play (Waco Midway) pretty soundly.

Allen would have to choke Woodlands style to lose this.

34 minutes ago, Champa said:

One common opponent for both Cedar Ridge and Allen is Coppell. CR beat them in OT 35 - 34. Allen handled them a little easier 35 - 23.

I'm sure Cedar Ridge is good and has talent, but I don't see them beating Allen.

I don't really see any impressive wins on their schedule. I guess Temple counts a little. They lost to the one top team they did play (Waco Midway) pretty soundly.

Allen would have to choke Woodlands style to lose this.

It wasn't handily, Allen traded blows with them.  

Q1    Q2     Q3       Q4       Final 

Coppell      3       10      7           3           23

Allen.          7       14     7           7           35

Cedar ridge lost their starting RB the 2d play of the game, didn't return.  They fell down by 14 and battled back to win.  A 15 pt turn around, a similar margin as Allen.  Keep in mind too Allen played coppell at home, CR played them on a neutral site. Coppell was both teams toughest win.

this game is about matchups on a neutral field and will be closer than expected.

12 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It wasn't handily, Allen traded blows with them.  

Q1    Q2     Q3       Q4       Final 

Coppell      3       10      7           3           23

Allen.          7       14     7           7           35

Cedar ridge lost their starting RB the 2d play of the game, didn't return.  They fell down by 14 and battled back to win.  A 15 pt turn around, a similar margin as Allen.  Keep in mind too Allen played coppell at home, CR played them on a neutral site. Coppell was both teams toughest win.

this game is about matchups on a neutral field and will be closer than expected.

If CR is down by 14 in the 3rd quarter, they won't be able to battle back. Allen makes the best 2nd half adjustments in the state.