TX6A semifinalist:where they are from

Horsefly

15 hours ago, noonereal said:

there is nothing mythical about an algorithm

just an fyi

TX is no better than any other state, they just have more

Thanks for commenting! 

Thank you - You starting to get it.  We just have more! You finally spoke the truth!

It's like John King from Longview once said (Keep in Mind he is from Louisiana) when talking about West Monroe - TX has 100 west Monroe's!

The same could be said about top several teams in NJ.

We don't argue that NJ has had some good teams - We just have bunch every year  just like them.

You don't here Texans say every year that we have the single best team.  We know that our best TEAMS are among the elite of this country.

Great Job for pointing out that we are not any different except that we have more!

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Thank you - You starting to get it.  We just have more! You finally spoke the truth!

It's like John King from Longview once said (Keep in Mind he is from Louisiana) when talking about West Monroe - TX has 100 west Monroe's!

The same could be said about top several teams in NJ.

We don't argue that NJ has had some good teams - We just have bunch every year  just like them.

You don't here Texans say every year that we have the single best team.  We know that our best TEAMS are among the elite of this country.

Great Job for pointing out that we are not any different except that we have more!

Everyone knew this though lol Texas is a big ass State that loves football 

On 12/12/2017 at 8:17 AM, noonereal said:

so, you premise is, more is better

how unique coming from a Texan. 

-------------------------

Allen and KT after 14 games have COMBINED, zero games vs top 100 teams. 

Pathetic. 

and, there si no way to know if they might be able to play with the countries best as a result

I would doubt they could.

TX, this year and last has really sucked at the top. 

Katy is about to play its 3rd top 100 team this year (out of 13 games). Those other two teams were top 100 going into their game with Katy. Had Katy lost to those teams they would  still be top 100. After losing to Katy they fell out of the top 100. Funny how that works. You see, a team's ranking goes down after they lose. Duh. Had Hurricane Harvey not caused Katy's first two games to be cancelled then 5 of Katy's first 15 opponents would have been top 100 teams coming into their games with Katy.

4 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Katy is about to play its 3rd top 100 team this year (out of 13 games). 

This is the nonsense that TX always does (GA too)

Check Cal or Fischer. 

Thanks

and, God forbid, even one team in the "land of plenty" actually plays some know national powers! Not just local barely top 100 teams during the playoffs!

We know how that usually turns out though, I guess that is why. 

On 12/14/2017 at 4:47 AM, noonereal said:

This is the nonsense that TX always does (GA too)

Check Cal or Fischer. 

Thanks

and, God forbid, even one team in the "land of plenty" actually plays some know national powers! Not just local barely top 100 teams during the playoffs!

We know how that usually turns out though, I guess that is why. 

Those were the teams CalPreps computer rankings at the time the games started.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:50 AM, noonereal said:

TX has some of the very worst high school football teams in the country. More than any other state.

Hope this helps!

When one out of every 14 teams playing football in the United States is in Texas it is hardly surprising that some of the worst - as well as some of the best are in that state. Surprisingly that is how statistics work; the greater the number of sample points - the wider the statistical variation in both the positive and negative directions from the norm. That is why there is so much more variance in the level of high school teams than pro teams; >14,000 high school teams vs 32 NFL teams.

I watched Katy practice last night from down at field level - about 40 yards away from them. My reaction was: "My God, I'm glad I didn't have to play against a team like that when I was in high school."

10 minutes ago, TigerHat said:

When one out of every 14 teams playing football in the United States is in Texas it is hardly surprising that some of the worst - as well as some of the best are in that state. Surprisingly that is how statistics work; the greater the number of sample points - the wider the statistical variation in both the positive and negative directions from the norm. That is why there is so much more variance in the level of high school teams than pro teams; >14,000 high school teams vs 32 NFL teams.

I watched Katy practice last night from down at field level - about 40 yards away from them. My reaction was: "My God, I'm glad I didn't have to play against a team like that when I was in high school."

Do they look ready for lake Travis?

1 hour ago, TigerHat said:

some of the worst - as well as some of the best are in that state.

bam, we agree!

your best are not the countries best but most years they are among them

this year and last year, not so much

i don't want to hear nonesense, i know exactly what you are saying but the fact is, in the end (as of right now) they have not faced 1 top 100 team.

that is pretty wild when you look at the schedules of the teams you want to be ranked with, img and md. 

2 hours ago, TigerHat said:

we see what we want to see

i have no doubt kt is good. i know they are not  img good

i like katy, not so much 7,000 enrollment, fly in the qb's allen. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

bam, we agree!

i don't want to hear nonesense, i know exactly what you are saying but the fact is, in the end (as of right now) they have not faced 1 top 100 team.

that is pretty wild when you look at the schedules of the teams you want to be ranked with, img and md. 

That's the point, I didn't start the thread to talk about being ranked with MD or gotdamn IMG.  

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Do they look ready for lake Travis?

I would say Katy looks ready for every opponent the day before. LT knows (Wakefield even said) that they better bring it because they know Katy will. They know Katy has a couple of road-blocks on that defensive line. 

Hopefully it's a good game, win or lose. Not expecting to win though. This team has passed up expectations. LT should be a totally different animal in 2018.

4 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I would say Katy looks ready for every opponent the day before. LT knows (Wakefield even said) that they better bring it because they know Katy will. They know Katy has a couple of road-blocks on that defensive line. 

Hopefully it's a good game, win or lose. Not expecting to win though. This team has passed up expectations. LT should be a totally different animal in 2018.

This is the only game I'm buying this weekend to watch.  Should be a good one, and anything can happen.  That's why they lace them up and play the game instead of relying on calpreps to predict a winner.

next year the TX top team profiles may look a little different: LT, north shore, Longview, duncanville should all be very good and towards the top of the preseason rankings.mi have my eyes on cedar ridge too...I'm pulling for them to get the upset.

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

bam, we agree!

Here is a question nobody has been able to answer: "What, exactly, does the quality of the team you are playing have to do with how good your team is?" Please show your work.

If you replaced Houston Lamar with Mater Dei and forced MD to play Houston Lamar's horrible schedule of really awful teams would that suddenly make MD a worse team? If you say yes, that means that both Lamar and Katy would be even better than they are now if they could play the MD schedule, and that Mater Dei wouldn't be as good as you think they are if they had Katy's schedule to play. If you say no, then you just lost your whole "Top 100" argument.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is the only game I'm buying this weekend to watch.  Should be a good one, and anything can happen.  That's why they lace them up and play the game instead of relying on calpreps to predict a winner.

Yep. Whether we win or lose (even in an ugly fashion), still proud of this team. They made a good run with a limited amount of strengths. 

4 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yep. Whether we win or lose (even in an ugly fashion), still proud of this team. They made a good run with a limited amount of strengths. 

I read on another site where you guys got a move in (Junior)  a few weeks ago from AZ that is suppose to be pretty good.  Know anything about him?