Best defense in Georgia this year ?

Big Hairy Man

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/stretch-come-top-100/

Fisher digging PA.  4 top 25 this week.  It’s just a name and his rules.   We can ridicule this to bits but it’s a named poll so it’s the standard.   :ph34r:

Our comp poll has 10 voters.  If some of you would get South Pointe the F outa there we can boast more. :)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/stretch-come-top-100/

Fisher digging PA.  4 top 25 this week.  It’s just a name and his rules.   We can ridicule this to bits but it’s a named poll so it’s the standard.   :ph34r:

Our comp poll has 10 voters.  If some of you would get South Pointe the F outa there we can boast more. :)  

Every poll has a state they favor a little more than they should from 1 year to the next... Just the way it is.. 1 or 2 early game results, gets a pollster thinking erroneously 1 way or the other and they overrate a state or 2... No big deal.

4 PA teams in the top 25 is nuts... Just like how at 1 point 2 weeks ago, CalPreps had 9 Ohio teams in the 17-30 range. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

ROME

Not a bad pick actually...

Warner Robins has an excellent offense... They put up 52 vs 6A State Title Participant Coffee... And 38 vs a good defense in Peach Co., the 3A title game runner up that shouldve won but got screwed..

If Rome can stifle them, itll be impressive.

Georgia teams in the HSFBA Top 100..

54. North Gwinnett

65. Colquitt Co.

75. Archer

76. Grayson

80. Rome

90. Marist

94. Blessed Trinity

97. Buford

98. Cartersville

Lol, HSFBA has Bartram Trail FL at 99, 1 place behind Cartersville at 98...

And they have John Curtis at 78, 2 places behind #76 Grayson

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I've spoken to four GA hsfb coaches of late who all think Rome has the best D in the state. 

Its very possible.

I believe them and Archer are 1 and 2.

Rome most definitely has the best DL with Adam Anderson, Jamarcus Chatman, and Jaquon Griffin... All 3 SEC guys.. UGA, Tennessee, and LSU

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Romes proved to be better than Stockbridge... Rome only gave up 7 to Buford a week after 'Bridge gave up 20 to them...

Archer has the best defense in GA.

Just because they played better defensively against a common opponent doesn't mean that they're better. 

Remember now... this is the same Rome defense that gave up 33 against a 5-6 Kell team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

:| Kennesaw St. almost came back... Fell just a tad short...34-27..

Was that the Quarterfinals or Semifinals?

It was the quarters.  I recorded and watched it after I got back from the Allen game. I thought I was watching old Georgia Southern game. they were giving up nine points a game coming into this. Very GG

Just now, DevilDog said:

It was the quarters.  I recorded and watched it after I got back from the Allen game. I thought I was watching old Georgia Southern game. they were giving up nine points a game coming into this. Very GG

SHS better win now since they just upset the best team in the bracket... :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I've spoken to four GA hsfb coaches of late who all think Rome has the best D in the state. 

Bro. Who are they? 

Archer is the best defense in the state and it really isn't even close. 

The level of competition Rome played versus the level of competition Archer played isn't close either. 

Look at their scores in all the games they've each played then go tell those four coaches that I found their missing shoes...

Image result for clown shoes

Rome has given up 142 points in 14 games while Archer gave up 112 through 13 games versus far stiffer competition. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

It was Kenney Saw State😝 till Sam Houston State put that Texas Spread on that 1950 🏈.  Too soon. Just busting you JawJaa guys.  

That's my U of D Coach Keeler (who we should have Never ran off's) Spread! Dude was a badass LB for Delaware and won a NC for Delaware before the brain trust ran him off! Really good football coach.

• Like 2