What TX SC game are you looking forward to the most?

Horsefly

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'll start watching at the 2A level, so the evening of Wed is when I'll tune in.  Refugio and mart kick it off.

Yes and I heard one of the 1A 6man teams have a girl kicker and are getting a lil attention.  Never watch em.  But will on Wed this year.

LT, Allen, Aledo, Carthage all arguably the most dominate powers the last decade.  I would rate. 1. LT 2. Aledo 3. Carthage 4. Allen. 

Allen looking to join the 5+ club.  Not many in Texas with 5 Trophies.  

I might go out and watch 4A.  Those 4 are great matchups.  3 teams from Beast Texas and 1 DFW squad. Can that great def @ WOS shut down PG running game? Can Carthage stop Kennedale.  4A will have the most competitive games irmho and the most physical.  Not a lot of spread with beast Texas. Ground and pound.  Dammit Lobos 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Here is my list of most anticipated:

manvel vs highland park

kennedale vs carthage

midway vs cy fair

LT vs allen

wos vs PG

Like to see Allen vs Lake Travis...should be a good game. If Allen wins I think they should be ranked #2 and hop IMG...if you don’t practice on thanksgiving your not a great team and IMG barely made it to practice on Halloween 

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Like to see Allen vs Lake Travis...should be a good game. If Allen wins I think they should be ranked #2 and hop IMG...if you don’t practice on thanksgiving your not a great team and IMG barely made it to practice on Halloween 

Here's what's odd about TX this year, if Allen wins, they may not have the best argument as the best in the state over the D2 winner, if it's midway.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Here's what's odd about TX this year, if Allen wins, they may not have the best argument as the best in the state over the D2 winner, if it's midway.

That’s why I feel that the major states like TX, FL and Ca should just do a 32 teams “open” playoff brackets. Just get the 32 highly ranked teams in the state and have them play each other not matter what region they are from or how many big/small is their enrollment...but don’t see that happening any time soon

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

That’s why I feel that the major states like TX, FL and Ca should just do a 32 teams “open” playoff brackets. Just get the 32 highly ranked teams in the state and have them play each other not matter what region they are from or how many big/small is their enrollment...but don’t see that happening any time soon

Agree.  I wish TX would switch up semifinal matchups...its always region 1 vs region 2 and region 3 vs region 4.  I'd like to see region 1 vs region 3 (this would have pitted Allen vs Katy) and region 2 vs region 4,  they can rotate matchups every year.

Well I’ll be watching all of these this week. For whatever reason spectrum doesn’t offer this fox college sports channel in HD and hasn’t each year I’ve followed it since 2014 😂😂😂 but I’ll make it work like I have. 4A 5A and 6A in Texas is always fun. I don’t ever have rooting interest I just usually want Aledo to lose 

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

If were being honest. Itll never be a real tourney without GA.

9 out of 10 years theres a GA team vying for a MNC. 2016 Grayson, 2014 & '15 Colquitt, '12 Norcross, '11 Grayson, '08 & '09 Camden.

Its just how it is... 

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Well I’ll be watching all of these this week. For whatever reason spectrum doesn’t offer this fox college sports channel in HD and hasn’t each year I’ve followed it since 2014 😂😂😂 but I’ll make it work like I have. 4A 5A and 6A in Texas is always fun. I don’t ever have rooting interest I just usually want Aledo to lose 

I will be doing a breakdown of these games starting tomorrow.  Some talented kids throughout all classes.  Wiil rate position players and team breakdowns.  Mainly for the Texas guys.  I go and watch all classes of TX HS football.  Newton and Tenaha are the most dominate teams @ State. Good info to come

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If were being honest. Itll never be a real tourney without GA.

9 out of 10 years theres a GA team vying for a MNC. 2016 Grayson, 2014 & '15 Colquitt, '12 Norcross, '11 Grayson, '08 & '09 Camden.

Its just how it is... 

I was talking about in state playoffs...i won’t want to even dream of a national playoff...Too many state governments would need to wet their beaks 

Just now, DevilDog said:

I will be doing a breakdown of these games starting tomorrow.  Some talented kids throughout all classes.  Wiil rate position players and team breakdowns.  Mainly for the Texas guys.  I go and watch all classes of TX HS football.  Newton and Tenaha are the most dominate teams @ State. Good info to come

Yeah I’ll be honest I just set my recording for the Wednesday games too. 2A it is. Wednesday football? Thursday football? In late December w Christmas coming up! Count me in. I look forward to your takes! 

• Like 1

I think WO-S has a good chance to beat Pleasant Grove. It's not a good idea to bet against them. Just ask Celina two years ago about that. They're toughest game was Kennedale , who's playing Carthage for the state title. This was supposed to be a down year for them.

They really need to be in D1 so they can play Carthage or La Vega type teams.

It almost didn't seem fair last year for any other team in 4A D2.

I wanna see Lake Travis vs Allen more than anything. Does any team improve as the season goes along more than Lake Travis? If they pull this off and are just gonna get better next year, that's bad news for every other team in the state. They're also less than half the size of Allen when it comes to student population. Somebody's doing something really right over there.