DLS declines Folsom for week 0, opts for 7-5 Amador Valley

TheBlockIsHot

2 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Interesting. Can you provide examples? All of the games are all on MaxPreps. You can see all the scoring in the 4th quarters, via the box scores. There are many games on YouTube. Which games did they run up the score? Be specific. I have yet to come across ONE PERSON who ever gave me an example, instead opting for, "we all know you run up the score!" When I ask how when, they go ghost on me!

I also provided you video of the entire 4th quarter where @Cal 14 stated that Browning was still "chucking it" and Folsom was running it up on an "inferior opponent." That was debunked, and he since gone ghost.

I even provided video evidence of DLS scoring 4 times in the 4th quarter against an inferior team, still pounding the ball. 

I like facts. Not foul language and random accusations, based on jealousy and envy.

I have even provided you an example. From 2014, the most dominant team for them. In week 2, against Clovis North. 49-0 at halftime. ZERO scores in the second half. Sounds like "slinging it up 49!" and "running up the score!" to me. :D

Keep duckin. 

Capture.PNG

Jeezus H! That was long, dancing clown. You must really like me to give me that much of your time.

SJB is available right now. Go git sum, playa! Not!xD

The 7-time MNC, 7-time Open Chsmps, 14-0 SFL-slaughtering DLS Spartans were available for several weeks this season, but Folsom didn’t wanna accommodate. They’d rather play Wookcreek and River CityxD

...oh and those same DLS Spartans are available the next two seasons, but Folsom’s too chicken shit play them. Pussies....just like you. Oh sorry...you don’t like foul language....they’re vaginas...just like youxD

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

...oh and those same DLS Spartans are available the next two seasons, but Folsom’s too chicken shit play them. Pussies....just like you. Oh sorry...you don’t like foul language....they’re vaginas...just like you

Classy language. Impressive.

Folsom is available next year. And DLS pussed out. You just can't take it little woman.

Keep that lip liner lookin nice. :D

See @Blueliner below. 

6ac04278c16df51bf384c5057c842833.jpg

50 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

False. 

Stop trying to defend DLS for not wanting to play Folsom next year. 

When Folsom opens up their season next year, everyone will see exactly why DLS wanted nothing to do with Folsom in 2018. 

9/21 and 9/28 would be multiple.

Folsom is a paper tiger.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, PrepGridiron said:

@ThunderRam yo, ThunderRam, Whitney hired a former DLS player, Zac McNally to coach. What kind of talent can Whitney get?

BTW, I'd put this in another thread, but its really local news. 

Whitney draws from the same group of kids as Rocklin, Del Oro, and Woodcreek. With Del Oro in turmoil and possibly on the decline, Whitney could rise up with the right guy at the helm.

The program has only been around since 2006, but enjoyed immediate success at the D4 and D3 levels. They've had a couple good coaches previously in Mike Gimenez and Paul Doherty -- as the enrollment continued to grow -- and the program does have good resources and boosters with $$. If McNally turns out to be the right guy (over 30 applicants applied), then I could see Whitney being a threat down the road. It'll take them a few seasons, I think, but there's definitely a chance.

They've either scheduled or played postseason games against Rocklin, Del Oro, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay numerous times since 2010 but are 3-13 in those games. Though, two of the wins have come in past 3 seasons. So they are improving. Of course, now you throw Grant Union and Folsom into that mix and it's going to be real tough sledding for them.

With the turnover and turmoil going on at DO, there's certainly a window for someone else to step up and start drawing in most the talent from that area. As we all know, kids will follow a winner.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

There was no counter. DLS wanted Amamdor Valley, CC, and Bishop OD. 

Solid. 

“Openings don’t fit” that’s plural as in more than one.

I keep telling Kris, "We gotta find someone big on our schedule!" Fresques said, "We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don't fit. It could take two or three years to get them in"

Just catching up on this thread.

I think we'd all like to see Folsom schedule like an area power should. They've inarguably been the best program in the SJS the past 6 seasons. I'd love to see them represent outside the section against the best. I think they've had a team capable of doing that the past few years. I just don't understand why they haven't. Hopefully they find a way to do it this season, even though it won't include DLS. SJB would be an excellent start if they can get that game scheduled. I'd love to see any prominent PAC-5 program or someone like Chandler on the schedule They don't have to go across the country to challenge themselves.

Having said the above, I do question DLS a bit in this. I mean, I don't pretend to know the truth with all this back and forth of who declined who for which weeks. And I don't want to totally make it seem like I'm saying DLS is ducking anyone. But it does cross my mind that DLS might be protecting their NorCal streak a bit.

Going back to Grant Union 12 years ago, they've never been able to make schedules work with the teams that might seem to matchup with them best. I know Grant Union tried hard to schedule DLS and had the horses on the lines and athletes needed to at least compete quite well. But nothing could ever get done. It wasn't until after the Pacers got the Open bid over DLS in 2008 that they finally reciprocated and then Coach AL admits that he turned them down out of spite.

Now we've got Folsom likely fielding their best team since 2014 -- when they also couldn't get a game scheduled -- and same story. I know it's hard for DLS to get a game against a public program in a season when they are at their best, since these things are often scheduled a year or two in advance, but this seemed like a golden opportunity to change that. Sure, I get that DLS always has bigger fish to fry on a National level .. but considering the NorCal streak, lack of a Regional game and the fact that DLS has rarely played the #2 team in NorCal I feel like they should make more of an effort. Just my opinion, though, as a biased fan that just wants to see the best teams face each other.

I also see the other POV of Folsom only wanting to schedule when they expect to be really, really good. I agree with those that say they should schedule whatever they can get. But, again, that lends itself to DLS sorta protecting their streak by getting them when they aren't as much of a threat.

With regard to a potential game this season, while I think Folsom certainly has the skill players to give DLS some fits ... I'm not sure if their lines and physicality will be near 2014/15 quality. That's the area DLS always separates themselves from the rest of NorCal. But if their lines are decent, they'd certainly have a shot to win. I don't see DLS being able to stop both their WR's and dual threat QB's usually give the Spartans fits.

• Like 2