2017 deemed deadliest year for mass shootings in modern US history

RedZone

Just now, concha said:

Actually, I kick your ass.

This response itself is a sign of sociopathy.

@concha's listing of lies (so far):

• Mueller's investigation has resulted in "bupkus"
  • Trump does not think that legal immigration is a problem
  • People started looking for work again under Trump
  • 25-54 demographic saw largest reduction in Labor Participation Rate
  • Black unemployment reductions accelerated under Trump

2 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

This response itself is a sign of sociopathy.

@concha's listing of lies (so far):

Just an assortment of recent lies by Canes:

• Trump thinks legal immigration is a problem. In fact, he supports legal immigration. No calls to eliminate it, just simple common-sense changes.
  • That I made an inaccurate claim about more people looking for work under Trump. My statement was in reference to a particular month and is entirely true.
  • That Obama's unemployment rate declines are unrelated to the labor force participation rate. A colossal Canes lie. They are. It's simple math. When the size of the labor force declines in relation a number of people unemployed, the unemployment rate reduces. Simple math. Canes is a liar.
  • That unemployment rate declines have not accelerated under Trump. Absurd. As stated above,  the U3 rate declined just 0.1% in Obama's final 12 months and Trump's reduction stands at 0.7% in just 11 months.  Check for yourselves just what a shameless liar Canes is:  http://portalseven.com/employment/unemployment_rate.jsp
  • Use of foreign unemployment data presented as our own. Canes used another country's unemployment data and was caught. Even after being called out he used it AGAIN. He counts on people not checking, just seeing how may times he squeals "LIE!".

See?

11 minutes ago, concha said:

See?

Your desperation? Yes.

@concha's listing of lies (so far):

19 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Can you explain what you mean by "address the underlying basic need"?  

Thanks.

Certainly...

A very basic carnal instinct will take over entirely when your hiking on a local trail with your 'family of four' and a bear pops up in the woods right next to you....(and that instinct is of certain benefit to you, to be sure) 

But that instinct is much more universal than that scenario...it's the same as you feel huddled in your row home afraid to spend time on the porch for all the 'coyotes' loitering on the street...

Simply put the 'basic underlining need' which would need to be solved in order for humans 'pursuit of happiness' to exist, is the elimination of that >>>FEAR<<<(your request could have simply been replied to with one word, lol).

But before you can go ahead and laugh at all them 'skeerdiecats', you must recognize that proper assessment of threat and 'appropriate' means of prevention is a concept that cannot be broken...

just a few more thoughts to toss in the stewxD 

13 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Certainly...

A very basic carnal instinct will take over entirely when your hiking on a local trail with your 'family of four' and a bear pops up in the woods right next to you....(and that instinct is of certain benefit to you, to be sure) 

But that instinct is much more universal than that scenario...it's the same as you feel huddled in your row home afraid to spend time on the porch for all the 'coyotes' loitering on the street...

Simply put the 'basic underlining need' which would need to be solved in order for humans 'pursuit of happiness' to exist, is the elimination of that >>>FEAR<<<(your request could have simply been replied to with one word, lol).

But before you can go ahead and laugh at all them 'skeerdiecats', you must recognize that proper assessment of threat and 'appropriate' means of prevention is a concept that cannot be broken...

just a few more thoughts to toss in the stewxD 

I've actually had that bear incident you mentioned.  Scary indeed as I and my nephew came to within a few feet of coming between a momma and her cub.  Biggest Brown bear I've ever seen and it was extremely close to a very bad situation.  A rifle shot did scare them away but it wasn't mine and I'm thanful there is a few gun owners and hunters in the family.  And not the AR15 type of hunters either. 😏

I wouldn't make fun or minimize the fear people have in regards to protecting themselves.  Fear is very powerful.  I had thought that you meant we couldn't (or without much success) have a gun control debate unless it addresses the underlying fear.  And I was curious as to how that argument would look and be framed.  

I certainly hope we can eventually make more responsible choices in regards to guns bc the rights of people to live are coming in a distant second to the right to have an assault weapon with bump stocks.  

We (humans generally but this country specifically) have the ability to do incredible things and accomplish whatever we want to.  All it takes is the collective will to do so.  That is much more powerful than the NRA and the gun manufacturers.  At least it should be.  

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I wouldn't make fun or minimize the fear people have in regards to protecting themselves.  Fear is very powerful.  I had thought that you meant we couldn't (or without much success) have a gun control debate unless it addresses the underlying fear.  And I was curious as to how that argument would look and be framed.  

Yes basically it's pretty close to what I meant, people have knowledge that guns exist, and any elimination argument put forth WOULD have to address this concern (where it exists)  before it could be supported by basically anyone....

Sorry to sound like a cop-out as obviously I don't have all the answers, but said earlier that any multitude of constructed laws 'could' work (even as the ones we have seem insufficient¬¬), but at some point other factors would have to come into play as this is certainly extends well beyond 'just guns'.  

That is why most are puzzled when they try and frame their argument as strictly "gun"-control and don't understand how enthusiast could reply with "why guns"?  

It's seen as addressing the symptom or end result, not the disease...

I pretty much readily agree with everything else you posted :)  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Your desperation? Yes.

@concha's listing of lies (so far):

You are some of the best free entertainment out there.

The guy who claims that the LFPR didn't plummet under Obama is calling me a liar.

It only experienced the most drastic drop it had ever seen in such a period since they started measuring back in 1948. xD

Look Class! See!  Canes is a LIAR! :D

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_1948_2017_all

Not to mention...

Just an assortment of OTHER recent lies by Canes:

• Trump thinks legal immigration is a problem. In fact, he supports legal immigration. No calls to eliminate it, just simple common-sense changes.
  • That I made an inaccurate claim about more people looking for work under Trump. My statement was in reference to a particular month and is entirely true.
  • That Obama's unemployment rate declines are unrelated to the labor force participation rate. A colossal Canes lie. They are. It's simple math. When the size of the labor force declines in relation a number of people unemployed, the unemployment rate reduces. Simple math. Canes is a liar.
  • That unemployment rate declines have not accelerated under Trump. Absurd. As stated above,  the U3 rate declined just 0.1% in Obama's final 12 months and Trump's reduction stands at 0.7% in just 11 months.  Check for yourselves just what a shameless liar Canes is:  http://portalseven.com/employment/unemployment_rate.jsp
  • Use of foreign unemployment data presented as our own. Canes used another country's unemployment data and was caught. Even after being called out he used it AGAIN. He counts on people not checking, just seeing how may times he squeals "LIE!".
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Today... A 12 year old girl in LA shoots up the school. 

12 years old, and packing. 

Jesus. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/los-angeles-sal-castro-middle-school-shooting/index.html

I just don't know what to say anymore......

Third school shooting in recent weeks

This is at least the third US school shooting in recent weeks.
On January 23, a student is accused of shooting 16 people -- killing two -- at western Kentucky's Marshall County High School in Benton.
The day before, a 15-year-old student was injured in a shooting in the Texas city of Italy. A suspect, a 16-year-old male, was "apprehended within minutes," city officials said.

2 hours ago, concha said:

You are some of the best free entertainment out there.

The guy who claims that the LFPR didn't plummet under Obama is calling me a liar.

It only experienced the most drastic drop it had ever seen in such a period since they started measuring back in 1948. xD

But we already know that you don't understand trends or causes very well. You've admitted this by claiming that Trump didn't inherit a downward trending black unemployment rate.

This has been repeated ad nauseum and you still continue to lie and mislead.

And what's more is that you yearn to blame Obama but you stop short of ever actually explaining why you (because it's only you on this) think it plummeted from 2000-2013 and then stabilized.

Your arguments are predetermined based on whether a liberal is in office or a conservative.

And that's a sure sign of hackery.

18 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

But we already know that you don't understand trends or causes very well. You've admitted this by claiming that Trump didn't inherit a downward trending black unemployment rate. [Never made any such claim. This is a CANES LIE.]

This has been repeated ad nauseum and you still continue to lie and mislead.

And what's more is that you yearn to blame Obama but you stop short of ever actually explaining why you (because it's only you on this) think it plummeted from 2000-2013 and then stabilized. [Well, another CANES LIE in quick succession. I said it plummeted during Obama's presidency. Which it did. Which you denied. Because you, Canes, are a LIAR]

Your arguments are predetermined based on whether a liberal is in office or a conservative.

And that's a sure sign of hackery.

Here's the LFPR.  Measured since its inception. You claim it didn't plummet under Obama.

A picture tells a thousand words. The words are: CANES IS A LIAR.

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_1948_2017_all

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Never made any such claim

Yes you did.

22 hours ago, concha said:

And the reductions accelerated under Trump.

9 hours ago, Guccifer said:

In Obama's last 7 years, the rate declined from 16.1% to 7.8% which was a rate of about 1.3% per year.

Since Trump's inauguration the rate has dropped from 7.8% to 6.8% which is a drop of exactly 1.0%

8 hours ago, concha said:

Trump didn't inherit a rate of reduction from 7 years ago. Or 6. Or 5. or 4.

8 hours ago, Guccifer said:

In other words, the downward trend has continued under Trump, albeit at a slower pace than in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Yes you did.

I never stated that there wasn't a downward trend. CANES LIE.

You are a shameless liar and NOTHING in the quotes you listed backs up your lie.

In fact, YOU PROVE ME RIGHT, Dumbass.

Note my quote "And the reductions accelerated under Trump."

To accelerate, they had to exist to begin with.

Dumbass. LIAR. xD

13 minutes ago, concha said:

I never stated that there wasn't a downward trend.

You did.

9 hours ago, concha said:

Trump didn't inherit a rate of reduction from 7 years ago. Or 6. Or 5. or 4.

You also lied and said that Trump accelerated the reduction (he didn't) and then you tried to change it to a semantics argument about just 2016 to 2017.

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

You did.

You also lied and said that Trump accelerated the reduction (he didn't) and then you tried to change it to a semantics argument about just 2016 to 2017.

<<SIGH>>

Your own cut and paste of quotes showed you are lying.

You used to be better at this. What happened to you?