Cheers

ATLien12x

Hope y’all had a good weekend :)  I know I’ve been gone awhile... I’ve transitioned into baseball mode. Good to see y’all still bickering though 

Just watching this National Championship Alabama win over and it feels so good. Made me think of the Varsity crew. Hope y’all are well :) enjoy the weekend! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Hope y’all had a good weekend :)  I know I’ve been gone awhile... I’ve transitioned into baseball mode. Good to see y’all still bickering though 

Just watching this National Championship Alabama win over and it feels so good. Made me think of the Varsity crew. Hope y’all are well :) enjoy the weekend! 

We will keep the fire burning while you're gone.

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

How do you watch it and not feel like Georgia got screwed by the refs.

Alright let me set the scenario...

Open your mind a bit, let go of any allegiance.... Now go back to the MNC... Its 13-0 Georgia leading in the 3rd. Alabama is held to a 3 and out , they are punting around their own 20... Georgia gets a good jump and blocks the punt, and recovers around Alabamas 15-16 yard line....

BUT WAIT... A referee, incorrectly, throws a flag and Alabama gets a rekick.. Incorrectly I might add...

Now instead of Georgia with the ball at the Alabama 15, 1st & 10, with a 13 point lead... with the potential to now easily make it 20-0 and perhaps step on Alabamas confidence and gain a huge edge... Instead of that, Alabama gets to rekick and send the ball down to the other side of the field.

That itself was enough to completely change this game and gave Alabama a chance. The reality is, Georgia made a HUGE play and it was erased by some idiots that werent even playing.  That was the biggest turn in the game... A punt blocked incorrectly and wrongly called offsides...

Thats not to even mention Alabamas WR false started on their game-tying TD on 4th & 4... It shouldve been 4th & 9 with Bama backed up outside of the 10...

29 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I had to get me a good rant about the Title game in... Still angry the refs blew that game for Georgia and handed it to Bama.

Georgia couldn’t move the ball in the second half and overtime. At all. Alabama shut them down outside of a flukey 80 yard touchdown pass on 3rd and 11. 

Alabama scored 26 points with Tua in the game and two backup offensive lineman. Our All American LT missed the entire second half and we had to use a backup RG all game when cotton went down against Clemson 

Jalen missed an easy touchdown in the first quarter to Ridley  

georgia recruited really well and they’re going to be good for a long time but they weren’t better than Alabama and haven’t been in over ten years. Maybe in the future though  

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Two up blockers move before the snap

Yup Damian Harris on the left side not even mentioned on the main broadcast definitely moved. 

But let’s be honest would it have mattered? It’s not like Georgia was going to score. They couldn’t move the ball. Give them that field goal and Tua would’ve scored more. It’s all about game flow. 

Best team won that night  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Yup Damian Harris on the left side not even mentioned on the main broadcast definitely moved. 

But let’s be honest would it have mattered? It’s not like Georgia was going to score. They couldn’t move the ball. Give them that field goal and Tua would’ve scored more. It’s all about game flow. 

Best team won that night  

I’m just pointing out it wasn’t a block punt so GA fans can’t use this as an excuse.Tua saved the day for Bama and that’s pretty much all there is 

25 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Georgia couldn’t move the ball in the second half and overtime. At all. Alabama shut them down outside of a flukey 80 yard touchdown pass on 3rd and 11. 

Alabama scored 26 points with Tua in the game and two backup offensive lineman. Our All American LT missed the entire second half and we had to use a backup RG all game when cotton went down against Clemson 

Jalen missed an easy touchdown in the first quarter to Ridley  

georgia recruited really well and they’re going to be good for a long time but they weren’t better than Alabama and haven’t been in over ten years. Maybe in the future though  

Georgia wouldve barely had to move the ball. 

If the call wouldve been made correctly, Georgia wouldve needed 15 yards to go up 20-0.

A big mistake on GAs part (more pure luck on Bamas part)... As UGA was up 20-7, early 4th I believe, Deandre Baker picked off Bama... UGA had the ball inside Bamas 45 or so... This couldve been the nail in the coffin, but a Bama DL is driven back into the path of the ball right when it was released by Fromm, and it hits the DL in the head and Bamas DE intercepts it... Talk about lucky as shit, omg...

Also one of the dumber things Ive seen... in the 4th Quarter, UGA ran Sony Michel 1 single time after the 14 minute mark in the 4th... And Chubb 6-7 more times... It made NO sense... Michel was doing great. 14 carries for 98 yards to Chubbs 18 carries for 25 yards.. Michel was the hot hand but we were forcing it to Chubb to a fault... Was it loyalty? To give Chubb a chance to win it?  It was a dumb-shit call is all I know... Michel shouldve been in the game NOT Chubb.

Back to the penalties... The Alabama thug that shoved Fromms head down after the whistle shouldve been called, The Alabama player that threw a punch at Walter Grant shouldve been ejected, he was even let back in the game AFTER GOING FOR A COACH. 

The facemask on D'Andre Swift shouldve been called... AND Bamas game tying TD shouldve never happened as Najee Harris jumped before the snap on 4th & 4...move it back and its 4th & 9 and maybe Bama doesnt make it..

If ever $ was handed to the refs for a little help, it was this game. Sure Tua helped bring them back, but the refs made it possible.

32 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Best team won that night  

Georgia wouldnt have scored from 15 yards out? Get out of here.

It is about game flow... And being down 20-0 is much different than being down 13-0... And it wouldve been 20-0 after that... Much more demoralizing...  The "flow" as you say. Wouldve been far, far different.

Bama was the better team for 1 of 4 quarters... The refs forced Bama into the winners circle though.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Bama was the better team for 1 of 4 quarters... The refs forced Bama into the winners circle though.

Do your math again. 

Bama was better in the 3rd. (10-7) 

Bama was better in the 4th. (10-0) 

Bama was better in OT (6-3) 

——-

like I said, take away that fluke of an 80yarder and y’all got ourscored 20-0 in the second half. You LOST yards in OT. Lucky to be blessed with a free three. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Best team won that night  

Yep, best team of officiating ever, nice assist by Bama.:ph34r:

• Haha 1