Baseball coach: No recruits from Colorado!

ATLien12x

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Interesting to take a look at their current baseball roster there at Texas Wesleyan.

All but 4 of their players hail from the great state of Texas. Two outsiders are from California, one from Venezuela, and the last one from...Colorado. Weird.

I guess that kid from CO is getting his failed drug test a little more publicity than is usually attached to NAIA baseball

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

I guess that kid from CO is getting his failed drug test a little more publicity than is usually attached to NAIA baseball

My understanding is that the current player on their roster from Colorado did not fail a drug test.

The coach said, "In the past, players have had trouble passing our drug test." Not "Colorado players", just "players." And then, "We have made a decision to not take a chance on Student-athletes from your state." Seeing as though Colorado legalized marijuana, he has made a decision not to take a chance on kids from the state, and mysteriously added, "You can thank your liberal politicians."

I don't care if TWU recruits baseball players from Colorado, but 1) he never said Colorado baseball players have failed drug tests in the past, and 2) it was childish for the coach to throw political commentary in there to a high school senior.

I played baseball in college over 30 years ago with kids who smoked dope. They were from Colorado, California, Arizona, Montana, New Jersey, and Florida. Others on the team, I'm not positive if they did or didn't.

The coach is a dope.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

He was fired. 

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

GOOD!

The high-schooler who was sent the message from the Texas Wesleyan coach has gotten a lot of publicity in the Denver media, and his response was, "Thank you for the concerns, but this isn't supposed to bring trouble upon anyone."

The kid showed the message to his parents, who showed it to his high school and club coaches, and the club coaches thought it was important to bring this to light.

9 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

The high-schooler who was sent the message from the Texas Wesleyan coach has gotten a lot of publicity in the Denver media, and his response was, "Thank you for the concerns, but this isn't supposed to bring trouble upon anyone."

The kid showed the message to his parents, who showed it to his high school and club coaches, and the club coaches thought it was important to bring this to light.

The kid will get a scholly from a school looking to get their name in the media.  The kid handled the whole thing better than the adult coach.  

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

No, what is stupid is a state that has legalized a drug, that is said to be ten times as potent as it was in the sixties!

A key, that most figure out pretty quickly, is that you don't need nearly as much to get a buzz as was needed back then. Not everyone catches on, but most do. Which group do you think you'd fall into?

3 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

A key, that most figure out pretty quickly, is that you don't need nearly as much to get a buzz as was needed back then. Not everyone catches on, but most do. Which group do you think you'd fall into?

That poor old fellar needs to be quarantined to ga.  CDC is in ga, maybe they can help. 

24 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Naw bro, spawned during WW2, Hitlers’ idea of a football fan. 

5172D20A-E06F-4AE9-9F0D-1C9707AC02D9.jpeg

He’s not a football fan 

he has no football knowledge 

@ORabidOne is stuck in  a BAD ACID TRIP   From like 40 years ago

I’d rather take football advice from A Female then listen to anything that Creep has to say