Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I have found that some do. I have also found some are looking for something far more tangible. Others are searching and no not what they are searching for.

I guess it depends on the youth you are talking about. 

You can work and search at the same time.  Searching is fine - not working, not so much.  I do find a lot of kids want the perks of their parents’ lives before they have ever hit a lick.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

You can work and search at the same time.  Searching is fine - not working, not so much.  I do find a lot of kids want the perks of their parents’ lives before they have ever hit a lick.

I agree that some, perhaps even many, are like that. But that is but a subset of the entire group. Many are just confused by an overly complex system and a world that seems turned on its head. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I suppose everything is possible. After all, God did use Da VID. But I think it highly unlikely. Despite David's many transgressions, he did humble himself before God. Trump is not capable of humility!

Oh but EVERYONE can certainly be humbled...

And there is nothing more humbling than age...

You can't view Trump as a narcissist who (like any good narcissist) is trying to create his own legacy ??  Money not doing it for him at this point is simple logic.....being the oldest president ever elected and all...

just some food for thought... 

4 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Oh but EVERYONE can certainly be humbled...

And there is nothing more humbling than age...

You can't view Trump as a narcissist who (like any good narcissist) is trying to create his own legacy ??  Money not doing it for him at this point is simple logic.....being the oldest president ever elected and all...

just some food for thought... 

1. Yes, everyone can be humbled. But displaying humility is a different matter altogether. I am sure DJT is bothered by his age. But he will never admit that. No, he was schooled at the feet of Roy Cohn, who, while he may have been a brilliant lawyer, never, ever, displayed humility. Heck he could not even deal with his own sexuality, which eventually ended his days on earth ... 

2. Money is neutral and should be treated as a tool, a means to an end. For me, its only importance beyond affording me the means to sustain life, is that of granting me a degree of independence. But for many, it is a weapon. To me using wealth that way is corrosive to the soul ... but that is another matter altogether.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Trump is changing the evangelical moral compass though.  

All in the hope to make abortion illegal.  

Interesting times.  

True dat....and

God will judge us all very soon even, trump. Selling your soul is right up there with mowing 17 kids down.

10 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Is there a miss connect here ? Get an education, save, and do what your heart desires. Sure stay active, but being able to call your own shots 24/7 is one of the great possibilities in anyone's life. Raise that future goal of yours. You live in the greatest country on this planet. Work it right young man. There are many avenues, choose one.

Have an education. Actually back in school getting more education. I truly am of the belief that is no longer about what you like in this world. Its about where you can get a job to make $. The world is narrowing and has been for some time. Kids need to realize that earlier rather than later. See where there are jobs and go for those sectors. Doesnt matter if you like or not. As long as you collect that paycheck and be able to pay what needs to be paid

Just now, HSFBfan said:

In terms of valuable jobs. Meaning like half of the majors offered in college arent worth anything at the end of the day. 

true, but they never were

Back in the day, majors were seldom targeted but at least they stood for something. 

I think things have gotten better in some ways.. We see more vocational training then ever for example. 

More 5 year majors in specific fields that did not exist. (to train for particular jobs) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

true, but they never were

Back in the day, majors were seldom targeted but at least they stood for something. 

I think things have gotten better in some ways.. We see more vocational training then ever for example. 

More 5 year majors in specific fields that did not exist. (to train for particular jobs) 

Yea 5 years all that translates too is more money for the colleges. its a scam. Yes we need even more vocational training but it seems to be getting better in that field. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea 5 years all that translates too is more money for the colleges. its a scam. Yes we need even more vocational training but it seems to be getting better in that field. 

The federal government took over the college tuition finance business, the trough got filled with cash and now tuition is through the roof while "universities" compete to have the best on-campus spas for the ill-prepared snowflakes they are letting in to major in West African Lesbian Haiku Poetry of the Renaissance.

Just now, concha said:

The federal government took over the college tuition finance business, the trough got filled with cash and now tuition is through the roof while "universities" compete to have the best on-campus spas for the ill-prepared snowflakes they are letting in to major in West African Lesbian Haiku Poetry of the Renaissance.

Exactly my point. its a SCAM

55 minutes ago, concha said:

Is that the early or late Renaissance?

12 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes and no. The up and comers face a different America than you and I did. That has probably influenced their attitudes and perceptions of what it takes to succeed; indeed, it has probably influenced their view of what success is!

isnt success an individual achievement. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

1. Yes, everyone can be humbled. But displaying humility is a different matter altogether. I am sure DJT is bothered by his age. But he will never admit that. No, he was schooled at the feet of Roy Cohn, who, while he may have been a brilliant lawyer, never, ever, displayed humility. Heck he could not even deal with his own sexuality, which eventually ended his days on earth ... 

2. Money is neutral and should be treated as a tool, a means to an end. For me, its only importance beyond affording me the means to sustain life, is that of granting me a degree of independence. But for many, it is a weapon. To me using wealth that way is corrosive to the soul ... but that is another matter altogether.

Great stuff Darter....I gotta AGREE with the majority of this...

I don't think Trump will show much humility even if he holds more than is shown......but to a certain degree, I'm not sure how much he 'should' in the position.

Yes wealth is indeed a weapon ...and to go to battle without it you can be hamstringed...But that weapon (like most) is a double edged sword.  Certainly it can be corrosive (it's possibly the top corrosive element), but that is not always the case.... for those who have learned how to properly wield that sword without cutting themselves...(or even those who have cut themselves and know the pain)

And as obviously I don't have answers as to Trumps true goals, I can't debate that and not trying to stick up for any particular president, but when the 'position' calls for securing the wealth of the nation (as more of a higher priority these days), I kind of like the 'silicon valley' approach....... hiring CEO's that have a proven track record of experience in startups or companies that went thru complete build/failure/build cycles....the more the better...(Arguably Silicon Valley would not exist as it does, without this Failure badge mentality)

Call me crazy, but 'orange hair' aside, this long in life (and lifelong until he wanted/needed to make a run in politics) Democrat Trump seems the most suited on paper thru this lens than any other president i can think of, off hand... 

Now I can absolutely understand why people freak at the orange hair, but how does everyone make the jump when viewing a flailing sword being thrown, to 'knowing' his 'true' inner intentions???   As I can't know, I can only go by the battle cry being chanted in public by the sword flailer......

I only support the policies being promoted in the battle, and not any specific sword carrier.....Kind of like rooting for the football TEAM and not johnny QB  (people that root for 'players' in politics are most times in for a huge let down).  

Arguing policy I find much more productive than trying to stick up for orange hair.....

And find that those that point to said hair, intentionally being counterproductive...