All time tournament

Columbiafan

45 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Ok I currently have the teams and matchups for the tournament 

However I'm wanting to ask the forum this

Would it be better for me to allow everyone to open vote for each matchups like in the national tournament or should a different method be used? 

open it up

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

still feel the tournament win should get the right to play MD17...that way we can see who is better...the current best team or the best team from the past...

Yeah but then we likely get 16 Bishop Gorman versus 17 mater Dei which kinda defeats the purpose 

You don't want a all time tournament to just have the 2 most recent national champs,  the way brackets are set up those 2 likely play but not in the finals 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but then we likely get 16 Bishop Gorman versus 17 mater Dei which kinda defeats the purpose 

You don't want a all time tournament to just have the 2 most recent national champs,  the way brackets are set up those 2 likely play but not in the finals 

i think the finals should be MD17 vs MD 2000...now you may be thinking, hey didn't MD 2000 lose 3 games, and get bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs? that is true but the team had Matt Leinart and a really good backup free safety that was over looks by the D1 scouts...:P

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

i think the finals should be MD17 vs MD 2000...now you may be thinking, hey didn't MD 2000 lose 3 games, and get bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs? that is true but the team had Matt Leinart and a really good backup free safety that was over looks by the D1 scouts...:P

I'll leave that up to the brackets to decide 😂 

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

That team did play DLS 39 points closer than the ‘99 team

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Sorry to break this but Mater Dei 2000 didn't make it 

However 97 and 98 did make it in the same bracket 

If you prefer i could switch 2000 out with one of those 2

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sorry to break this but Mater Dei 2000 didn't make it 

However 97 and 98 did make it in the same bracket 

If you prefer i could switch 2000 out with one of those 2

no we weren't that go that year...but MD 1994 and 1996 should be in the mix. those are the 2 other years MD won the USAT MNC. 

In 1997 MD end the season rank #8 by USAT and in 1998 they were #2

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/year-by-year-rankings.htm

24 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

no we weren't that go that year...but MD 1994 and 1996 should be in the mix. those are the 2 other years MD won the USAT MNC. 

I think both those made it but I'll check to be sure

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

94 and 96 were both in the bracket

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Hahaha.  

I just checked

Mater Dei has 5 total teams in the bracket and unless i miscounted they have 4th most of any program 

I will work on getting a list of programs with multiple teams in the tournament when I get a chance 

Yeah...5 sounds right...94, 96, 97, 98 and 17....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Actually a single GA team has more representation by 1 over mater dei

They have 6 and Im sure it won't be hard to figure out who

It’s very hard

are you saying 

1). Valdosta because they are one the historically elite programs in the country?

2). Grayson because they seem like everyone else’s daddy more often than anyone else recently?

3). Colquitt because this is strictly a popularity contest?

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

It’s very hard

are you saying 

1). Valdosta because they are one the historically elite programs in the country?

2). Grayson because they seem like everyone else’s daddy more often than anyone else recently?

3). Colquitt because this is strictly a popularity contest?

Valdosta

I haven't gotten a exact count on the other 2 but i would guess 3-4 on colquitt and i think 2 or 3 for Grayson 

Valdosta

I haven't gotten a exact count on the other 2 but i would guess 3-4 on colquitt and i think 2 or 3 for Grayson 

Can you give criteria again 

— all time or after a certain year?

— how many teams 

those GA #s seem waaaaaaaay high

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Can you give criteria again 

— all time or after a certain year?

— how many teams 

those GA #s seem waaaaaaaay high

I got all the teams needed but i did this tournament similar to normal tournaments i do 

At end of the day the best teams will advance but no reason to rush it

I have teams between 1985 to 2017, i felt i go any further back and they have no chance against modern teams 

I forgot exact count but I'll release matchups on a bracket by bracket basis so people aren't overwhelmed with the numbers