All time tournament

Columbiafan

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I got all the teams needed but i did this tournament similar to normal tournaments i do 

At end of the day the best teams will advance but no reason to rush it

I have teams between 1985 to 2017, i felt i go any further back and they have no chance against modern teams 

I forgot exact count but I'll release matchups on a bracket by bracket basis so people aren't overwhelmed with the numbers 

Still think the brackets should go by era not region...easier to compare teams that way...if not the last few round would just be teams from the “modern era”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Still think the brackets should go by era not region...easier to compare teams that way...if not the last few round would just be teams from the “modern era”

It is by era 

I meant for the finals 

If we ended up with a team from the 60s versus mater Dei it would be a beatdown because teams back then wouldnt match up with teams today so i felt 85 was a good cutoff point 

Like 1st bracket only have teams between 1985-1991 

Now not all the brackets have that many years between them but you will see what I mean 

On 3/28/2018 at 10:51 PM, Pops said:

Can you give criteria again 

— all time or after a certain year?

— how many teams 

those GA #s seem waaaaaaaay high

Not sure if its all time or what... If it was Valdosta would have 9 or 10...

Grayson in 2011 & 2016 Im guessing.

Colquitt in 1994, 2014, 2015

Valdosta (if 1985-present) probably in 1986, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1998... (They won MNC in '84, and were #2 in '82 behind Moeller)

Camden should have 3 (03, 08, 09). Parkview 3 (2000-2002... Parkviews 02 team was robbed of a MNC by DLS)

Lowndes maybe 3. (04, 05, 07)

Thomas Co. Central would be the only other team I could think of with more than 1... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Alright I will start the tournament tomorrow 

The first bracket will be consist of teams from 1985 to 1991

I'll start off doing one matchup at a time and see how it goes 

Might as well give this bracket to 1991 LaGrange... Or 1986 Valdosta.

1991 LaGrange beat USAToday #1 Valdosta 6-0 in the Quarterfinals... I was at that game. LaGrange would jump to #1 themselves after that victory.

'86 Valdosta had 6 shutouts, never gave up more than 16 points in a single game, and only gave up more than 7 points 3 times. They won their final 4 playoff games by a combined score of 133-7. Outscoring teams 469-77 throughout the season.

In the semis, they beat the #4 team in the state 49-7 and in the finals, the #2 team in the state 28-0.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Might as well give this bracket to 1991 LaGrange... Or 1986 Valdosta.

1991 LaGrange beat USAToday #1 Valdosta 6-0 in the Quarterfinals... I was at that game. LaGrange would jump to #1 themselves after that victory.

Matchups will matter almost as much as the teams talent 

Keep in mind Dallas Carter well known team also in this bracket, it isn't a lock in any bracket which will make things interesting 

;)

In 1991, Lee (Mont.) AL finished 13-1 and #17 nationally at USAToday. Their lone loss was a 17-3 defeat against Valdosta. Valdostas lone loss was to the actual 1991 MNC LaGrange , 6-0...

Lees results with the 17-3 loss to Valdosta... http://www.ahsfhs.org/Teams2/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1991&Team=Lee+Montgomery

Lee had 3 shutouts in the playoffs. Outscoring their opponents 109-21 in their playoff games.

Valdostas 1991 results ... http://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=1991&school=Valdosta

And finally the 1991 MNC and team that beat Valdosta... LaGranges' results... http://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=1991&school=LaGrange

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

In 1991, Lee (Mont.) AL finished 13-1 and #17 nationally at USAToday. Their lone loss was a 17-3 defeat against Valdosta. Valdostas lone loss was to the actual 1991 MNC LaGrange , 6-0...

Lees results with the 17-3 loss to Valdosta... http://www.ahsfhs.org/Teams2/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1991&Team=Lee+Montgomery

Lee had 3 shutouts in the playoffs. Outscoring their opponents 109-21 in their playoff games.

Valdostas 1991 results ... http://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=1991&school=Valdosta

And finally the 1991 MNC and team that beat Valdosta... LaGranges' results... http://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=1991&school=LaGrange

Old school OOS wins over large class nationally ranked state champs ... FTW

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Not sure if its all time or what... If it was Valdosta would have 9 or 10...

Grayson in 2011 & 2016 Im guessing.

Colquitt in 1994, 2014, 2015

Valdosta (if 1985-present) probably in 1986, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1998... (They won MNC in '84, and were #2 in '82 behind Moeller)

Camden should have 3 (03, 08, 09). Parkview 3 (2000-2002... Parkviews 02 team was robbed of a MNC by DLS)

Lowndes maybe 3. (04, 05, 07)

Thomas Co. Central would be the only other team I could think of with more than 1... 

If it’s a 64 team tournament since 1985, that’s roughly the top 2 teams/ year

youd have parkland ‘02 and could make a case for Colquitt in ‘15

any other top 2-3 teams in that time frame?

i know Norcross probably got that high from someone in ‘12, but I wouldn’t include anyone from that year

i think including more than that if you’re really want the best (or at least highest regarded teams) is pandering to the mob 

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

As far as playoffs go... 

1. TX (6A) .... 2. GA (7A) ...................... 3. OH (D1)..... 4. CA (D1)

No no no

TX 6A1

OH (D1)

CA Open 

(the southern rep could need 2-3 top 10 wins — ie SJB or CC last year, and 4-5 top 100s — SSd1, which is effectively a “regional” has more top 100 teams than GA 7A every year)

Id give GA next but it really only gets nationally competitive in the semis 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

i know Norcross probably got that high from someone in ‘12, but I wouldn’t include anyone from that year

i think including more than that if you’re really want the best (or at least highest regarded teams) is pandering to the mob 

The thing though is I don't think we need to rush it and i generally like using more teams because it gives more discussion and in any tournament lts good to have what i like to call wild cards but at end of day a team like Mater Dei from this past year probably makes semifinals or finals regardless of how many teams are in the tournament so I don't see a issue with having more teams 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

From 1985-present? Yeah. We have 5 top 2 teams in that time frame.

(Valdosta also won USAToday in 1984, the year before he started counting teams)

Heres all the GA teams that finished in the Top 4 at USAToday From '85-Present. (Unless I noted a different poll)... To only use top 2... Blah. 

1985: #3 Clarke Central

1986: #1 Valdosta

1991: #1 LaGrange

1992: #2 Valdosta (absolutely robbed of the MNC by Berwick)

1993: #4 Dunwoody

1994: #3 Colquitt Co. (Behind Mater Dei & DLS no less)

2002: #2 Parkview

2011: #4 Grayson

2012: #3 Norcross (MaxPreps ; its not USAT but this team deserves a mention)

2014: #4 Colquitt (#4 at MaxPreps, #5 at USAT, and #4 at MP Composite)

2015: #1 Colquitt (won MNC at HSFBA & PrepForce, was #2 at USAToday)

2016: #4 Grayson (#4 @ HSFBA & MP)

Obviously just top 2 would be 1986 Valdosta, 1991 LaGrange, 1992 Valdosta, 2002 Parkview, & 2015 Colquitt

I didnt check any poll but USAToday from 1985-2011. I looked at a few other media polls from 2012 on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

No no no

TX 6A1

OH (D1)

CA Open 

(the southern rep could need 2-3 top 10 wins — ie SJB or CC last year, and 4-5 top 100s — SSd1, which is effectively a “regional” has more top 100 teams than GA 7A every year)

Id give GA next but it really only gets nationally competitive in the semis 

You talk out of your ass in literally everything you say about HSFB.

Perhaps you need to reaccess... the 2nd round on in GA 7A was excellent last year.

Literally every opinion on Georgia you have is wrong, because your information is wrong... And your mind is a soft wet shit full of ringworms...

GA had the best 2nd rd matchups of ANY state last year (all of these teams are no worse than top 3-5 teams in NorCal)...

Brookwood 28, Milton 23

Tift Co. 31, Hillgrove 24 

Archer 16, Mill Creek 10 

Colquitt 28, Walton 21

McEachern 36,Lowndes 31

North Gwinnett 35, Grayson 28

(Notice not a single game above was decided by more than 7 points)

Hell 3 (probably 4) Top 100 teams lost in the 2nd round in GA 7A...

even the 2 games I didnt add up there were good... Parkview vs Mountain View & Woodstock vs Marietta

Im not sure GA actually doesnt have the Single BEST playoffs no matter the state.

The 3 or 4 guys that continue to force/insert Ohio into all these things need to understand thats getting a bit old. Its not 2004 anymore.