Who wins these hypothetical games last year?

ECHS05

These are a few depth check games I put together... I wanted to get the opinion of the folks on the board...

I chose these teams for a specific purpose, they are random but they arent also...  and I want to get an idea of who everyone thinks wins these games... Hopefully itll give an unbiased look at who everyone really thinks has the most depth of any of the better states, since no one knows why I chose these teams... Theres no Top 5 teams from any of the states... I picked teams I perceived to be in the Top 10-50 range from each state.

Yes, this is random as shit... But it could be fun, with the hypothetical matchups & what not... Try to pick the winners without looking at CalPreps for any information.. The only information you should need is the results of each teams games last season so you can see how they did against who...

10 games, pick the winners fellas... 

These are all being played on a neutral field...

Game 1: Deerfield Beach FL vs. Vista Murrieta CA

Game 2: Avon OH vs. Plant FL

Game 3: Aledo TX vs. Carol City FL

Game 4: Baker Co. FL vs. Milton GA

Game 5: Oak Ridge CA vs. Tucker GA

Game 6: McEachern GA vs. Cedar Ridge TX

Game 7: Anderson OH vs. Norcross GA

Game 8: Coppell TX vs. San Clemente CA

Game 9:  Mansfield TX vs. Whitmer OH

Game 10: Oaks Christian CA vs. La Salle OH

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

These are a few depth check games I put together... I wanted to get the opinion of the folks on the board...

I chose these teams for a specific purpose, they are random but they arent also...  and I want to get an idea of who everyone thinks wins these games... Hopefully itll give an unbiased look at who everyone really thinks has the most depth of any of the better states, since no one knows why I chose these teams... Theres no Top 5 teams from any of the states... I picked teams I perceived to be in the Top 10-50 range from each state.

Yes, this is random as shit... But it could be fun, with the hypothetical matchups & what not... Try to pick the winners without looking at CalPreps for any information.. The only information you should need is the results of each teams games last season so you can see how they did against who...

Honestly Lakeland should be in plant spot

Also a team like raines or madison County would have been better than Baker County but whatever it's your list so I'll just pick ones because i assume you have reasons behind picking the teams but that's my 2 cents 

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly Lakeland should be in plant spot

Also a team like raines or madison County would have been better than Baker County but whatever it's your list so I'll just pick ones because i assume you have reasons behind picking the teams but that's my 2 cents 

Actually I was gonna put Lakeland in, I cant remember remember why I didnt.

And yeah, all the teams that are matched up have something in common.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Actually I was gonna put Lakeland in, I cant remember remember why I didnt.

I probably would have picked lakeland in the game plant is in,  i thought lakeland was better but they had some questionable calls against plant but i felt lakeland would have beaten bartram trail and gone to state

Bartram barley escaped plant while at home,  they wouldn't have beaten lakeland down in polk county 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Vm 

plant

carol city 

milton

Tucker 

cedar ridge 

norcross 

san clemente

whitmer

La salle

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

DB

Plant

Aledo

Milton

Tucker

MacEachern

Norcross

Coppell

Mansfield

LaSalle

😈😈😈

19 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Avon,OH? The team who went 13-1 and beat garbage Merritt Island by 1 point? 

Plant would steam roll a team like that 

Lakeland still would be the better option to put there 

Hell so would viera 

Lakeland and viera wouldn't have lost to bartram trail,  bartram owes plant a cake for being the one team at top of that region who would get bartram the home game, they wouldn't have beaten the other 2 good teams in region 2 especially if they had to travel 

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Vista Murietta was not top 50 in CA

These teams are far from random — I don’t think you know what that word means 

am tingling with anticipation to know how youbplan to malign NorCal with your inclusion of Oak Ridge (a team you know zero about)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Baker County? They suck too. They lost to all the good teams on their schedule and had a weak ass playoff path that exposed them in the title game. 

These are some random ass teams and matchups. Lol 

Their path is probably on par with 7a Region 4 path that sta had

That region has sta and then drop-off to doral and Dwyer and that's it

So probably 3 teams in top 100 of state 

5a north has TCA, Clay, Bolles, West Florida, rickards, and godby 

So probably 6 plus baker County so 7 teams who could be top 100 in Florida 

Not impressive but i see far worse out there

Problem in 5a was just the fact all the ELITE teams was in the south 

But compared to most years 5a north was actually not that bad,  they just had no hope of beating AHP or cardinal gibbons last year 

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Deerfield Beach

Plant

Carol City

Milton

Tucker

McEachern

Norcross

Coppell

Mansfield

La Salle

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Vista Murietta was not top 50 in CA

These teams are far from random — I don’t think you know what that word means 

am tingling with anticipation to know how youbplan to malign NorCal with your inclusion of Oak Ridge (a team you know zero about)

Just because you dont want them to be, doesnt mean they arent.

Besides, your states own self-made state rankings disagree with you.

As far as the random part... You'll notice I said, "they are random, but they arent also"

I didnt necessarily pick these teams bc I knew anything about them.

16 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You know nothing about these teams but picked them to make a favorable point about GA (although one does make your state finalist look rather pedestrian)

EVERYTHING you do has an angle — there is no randomness (that’s only part of the problem with you and statistics but there’s a theme)  — this thread is akin to how you “just for fun” spent a day searching for a wormhole into CP’s March rankings with the pure intent of marginalizing the go-to ratings source in National hsfb 

• Like 2

NorCal is undervalued by 13.7 points at CP — I’ve done the math of all SBG games 

VM wasn’t top 100 in CA although was about the best OOS team GA played

you guys should invite Livermore next year now that ISB is literally out of business 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as the random part... You'll notice I said, "they are random, but they arent also"

Colquitt beat an average VM CA team. Get over it. Move on.

Colquitt would get running clocked by CAs top 10.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Pops said:

NorCal is undervalued by 13.7 points at CP — I’ve done the math of all SBG games 

VM wasn’t top 100 in CA although was about the best OOS team GA played

you guys should invite Livermore next year now that ISB is literally out of business 

:S I dont even know what to say to this.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

:S I dont even know what to say to this.

Now you know how rest of us feel when you write one of your numerous epistles about how CP is worthless but then telling us how it undervalues GA to the point that Etowah would be a top 100 team