Coach Wright Q&A

PrepGridiron

1st a quick question, then Im going to rant on that IMG-Grayson game... You dont have to read the rant if you dont want to...

My question is, which team youve coached at IMG do you believe was your best overall team? IMO, it was 2016, it seemed to be the most complete team with the best chemistry.

Thanks for commenting on the Grayson game... This isnt going to be a question, but more of a statement.

Im a GA guy... That Grayson team turned out to be one of the better teams GA has put out this decade. 

I wish they couldve had a rematch at years end. Grayson was without 4* ILB Breon Dixon , who was a star all season, but missed the game vs. IMG due to suspension. You mentioned IMG got some things going with Kellen Mond running behind that huge OL. I like to think that Breon wouldve made that a little more difficult.

It was also Graysons very 1st game under a HC that was use to a very different Offensive style than Grayson had employed in previous years. Herron was a WingT guy, and you could tell you was trying to throw some WingT in there with Graysons spread... But bunching those huge IMG defensive players together with the WingT wasnt working.

They had trouble holding onto the ball also. The offense took a few games to get going, as they struggled vs McEachern the next week, winning 16-13 in the final seconds.

That was a great game though. Id like to see IMG play some more of the South GA/Gwinnett Co. powers.  Although it seems like GA teams are trying to band together and not play IMG... Which I believe is stupid.

Thanks for coming on Coach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Thanks for commenting on the Grayson game... This isnt going to be a question, but more of a statement.

Im a GA guy... That Grayson team turned out to be one of the better teams GA has put out this decade. 

I wish they couldve had a rematch at years end. Grayson was without 4* ILB Breon Dixon , who was a star all season, but missed the game vs. IMG due to suspension. You mentioned IMG got some things going with Kellen Mond running behind that huge OL. I like to think that Breon wouldve made that a little more difficult.

It was also Graysons very 1st game under a HC that was use to a very different Offensive style than Grayson had employed in previous years. Herron was a WingT guy, and you could tell you was trying to throw some WingT in there with Graysons spread... But bunching those huge IMG defensive players together with the WingT wasnt working.

They had trouble holding onto the ball also. The offense took a few games to get going, as they struggled vs McEachern the next week, winning 16-13 in the final seconds.

That was a great game though. Id like to see IMG play some more of the South GA/Gwinnett Co. powers.  Although it seems like GA teams are trying to band together and not play IMG... Which I believe is stupid.

OMG

Man up kid. 

Your "best team" lost.

deal with it. 

20contemplate.jpg

• Haha 9

On 4/12/2018 at 6:43 PM, ECHS05 said:

1st a quick question, then Im going to rant on that IMG-Grayson game... You dont have to read the rant if you dont want to...

My question is, which team youve coached at IMG do you believe was your best overall team? IMO, it was 2016, it seemed to be the most complete team with the best chemistry.

You just don't give up do you?  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!