Wage Growth Still Sluggish

RedZone

May 4, 2018 at 8:39 am ET

Average hourly earnings rose four cents in April to $26.84, a 0.15% increase from the prior month. On a year-over-year basis, wages grew 2.6%, below the 2.7% rate economists had forecast.

The sluggish pace of wage growth should temper fears that an increasingly tight labor market--with the unemployment rate falling to 3.9% in April--is putting too much upward pressure on inflation.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/april-2018-jobs-report-analysis/card/1525437590

46 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Average hourly earnings rose four cents in April to $26.84, a 0.15% increase from the prior month. On a year-over-year basis, wages grew 2.6%, below the 2.7% rate economists had forecast.

The sluggish pace of wage growth should temper fears that an increasingly tight labor market--with the unemployment rate falling to 3.9% in April--is putting too much upward pressure on inflation.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/april-2018-jobs-report-analysis/card/1525437590

What about all those companies drunk with cash from the deficit financed tax debacle that were raising wages like wild men? 

This question is for my dishonest, basement dwelling friend, @concha and the esteemed Bergen elitist, @GardenStateBaller

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I got a $6.5 raise in February (after the tax cuts kicked in) so it’s worked out for me...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

I got a $6.5 raise in February (after the tax cuts kicked in) so it’s worked out for me...

That's really weird.

Average Americans since the tax cuts kicked in have seen an increase of $6.21 per week. Works out to about a $323 annual increase.

That's a little short of the $4,000 to $9,000 projected by trump/ryan.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's really weird.

Average Americans since the tax cuts kicked in have seen an increase of $6.21 per week. Works out to about a $323 annual increase.

I got a raise and my cpa says the tax cuts will give me $4.5 more on my refund next year...guess I’m just weird 

Do you believe this, fasteddy2?

https://www.speaker.gov/general/new-report-tax-reform-will-raise-wages-least-4000-average

NEW REPORT: Tax Reform Will Raise Wages at Least $4,000 on Average

October 16, 2017|Speaker Ryan Press Office

Tax reform is all about more jobs, fairer taxes, and bigger paychecks. That last one is particularly important. Pro-growth reform means a pay raise for American workers. And a new report from the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) shows just how much they stand to gain from our plan.

The study finds that as a result of corporate tax reform alone, on average, American families will see a wage increase of at least $4,000 annually.

• Like 1

Just now, RedZone said:

Do you believe this, fasteddy2?

https://www.speaker.gov/general/new-report-tax-reform-will-raise-wages-least-4000-average

NEW REPORT: Tax Reform Will Raise Wages at Least $4,000 on Average

October 16, 2017|Speaker Ryan Press Office

Tax reform is all about more jobs, fairer taxes, and bigger paychecks. That last one is particularly important. Pro-growth reform means a pay raise for American workers. And a new report from the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) shows just how much they stand to gain from our plan.

The study finds that as a result of corporate tax reform alone, on average, American families will see a wage increase of at least $4,000 annually.

My wife got a promotion in March that came with a $12k raise and I got a $6.5k raise in February, we are way ahead of schedule 😀👍

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's really weird.

$7080.00 annually for me. And more my American brothers and sisters are working more than I’ve seen in my lifetime....and not working in BS service jobs like Obama created. Thanks DJT!

• Like 1