International School of Broward and West Park Prep news

Nolebull813

I spoke to the AD for West Park Prep today. He was the head coach for ISB. He said right now he has taken the AD role at WP because ISB has had problems and currently doesn't have a sports program. It has been suspended until new leaders get put in place. Those leaders will decide if there is football for ISB this year. They will find out in the coming weeks. If they do have football then the AD at West Park will go back and coach ISB. (West Park already has a head coach) 

Right now the players for ISB are practicing with the West Park players. if ISB does not field a team this year then he will stay on as the AD for West Park and the ISB players will play for them this year. 

Right now West Park has 5 scheduled oos games. They are playing Provine High from Mississippi apart of the Mobile Classic in Alabama. They are playing Brentwood Academy,TN and a team from Cincinnati. He didn't remember the name. He said Central but couldn't remember the full name off hand. And the Odessa Permian contract has been signed but needs approval from the Athletic Director who oversees multiple schools. They are also playing Bishop Lynch from Dallas but that game hinges on the Permian game going thorough. 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I spoke to the AD for West Park Prep today. He was the head coach for ISB. He said right now he has taken the AD role at WP because ISB has had problems and currently doesn't have a sports program. It has been suspended until new leaders get put in place. Those leaders will decide if there is football for ISB this year. They will find out in the coming weeks. If they do have football then the AD at West Park will go back and coach ISB. (West Park already has a head coach) 

Right now the players for ISB are practicing with the West Park players. if ISB does not field a team this year then he will stay on as the AD for West Park and the ISB players will play for them this year. 

Right now West Park has 5 scheduled oos games. They are playing Provine High from Mississippi apart of the Mobile Classic in Alabama. They are playing Brentwood Academy,TN and a team from Cincinnati. He didn't remember the name. He said Central but couldn't remember the full name off hand. And the Odessa Permian contract has been signed but needs approval from the Athletic Director who oversees multiple schools. They are also playing Bishop Lynch from Dallas but that game hinges on the Permian game going thorough. 

Wow so another cakewalk FL team for Brentwood Academy 

Guess they don't think they could beat a real FL team 

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Are they doing this just because it's a profit center for the school(s)? What about the kids? They are being woefully over matched. Why would I as a parent ever want to subject my child to this? If my kid was only good enough to make the roster on an ISB equivalent, guess what? He should man up and hang up his cleats for football sure ain't for him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Are they doing this just because it's a profit center for the school(s)? What about the kids? They are being woefully over matched. Why would I as a parent ever want to subject my child to this? If my kid was only good enough to make the roster on an ISB equivalent, guess what? He should man up and hang up his cleats for football sure ain't for him. 

Yeah the coach said the only teams willing to fork out enough money for travel were the national powers. Because they have a hard time finding closer, local opponents. And he said he they would visit every college on the trip by bus or the colleges around the city they flew into. He said he knew they were outmatched but there was no other way to make the trips happen without playing a powerhouse due to the travel help. 

41 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah the coach said the only teams willing to fork out enough money for travel were the national powers. Because they have a hard time finding closer, local opponents. And he said he they would visit every college on the trip by bus or the colleges around the city they flew into. He said he knew they were outmatched but there was no other way to make the trips happen without playing a powerhouse due to the travel help. 

Isb also got smashed back in 2015 by a former state power and now barley regional power Suwannee 😂 

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Complete joke. The FHSAA needs to reign this sort of crap in. West Park is a nobody and they will get slaughtered.  Limit OOS to 2 or 3 games max and make sure competition is on a fairly level playing field. 

They do have a rule for teams in districts but they are independent. You can only play 2 non bordering oos games per year. Georgia and Alabama games don't count towards the total. 

So if they were in districts 3 of their oos games would not be allowed. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

IHOP is on the list from the FHSAA of schools who haven’t turned in schedules.  

https://www.fhsaa.org/news/2018/0516

Looks like the site is setting up links for schedules by class.  Nothing to click on last I checked earlier.  

https://www.fhsaa.org/sports/football

So hopefully we’ll see schedules soon.  

They have no team as of now. No games contracted. I seem Lasalle,OH had them scheduled but the coach for ISB said all sports have been suspended pending new leadership that's hasn't even been put in place yet. 

This is what happens when you schedule fly by night schools. Here today and gone tomorrow. 

Hopefully teams stop trying to schedule JV opponents and schedule a real team. Not a knock, just seems like pop up schools like this always have the most issues