Most dominate Team in Texas HS Football 2016

DevilDog

I know this board is mainly about National type teams.  But I want to give a shout out to a special 4A team in Texas this year who are slightly off of what the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers did in Texas dominate their class as if they belong in a much larger class.  In Texas this year 4A has some very good medium size school teams but one in particular is dominating like no one in the State and one publication ranked them a top 20 team regardless of class.  They still have to win State and Have Gilmer and Celina left possibly but the West Orange Stark Mustangs are something else.  Check out what they have done so far in 4A. Again not Allen and SAC caliber but they are bad ass.  

Check out this and do you have a team that have dominated any class in your State like they have.  Domination.  If you get a chance check them out.  I know my fellow Texans hate our small schools but this is a special team like the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers.  Early talk was would anyone score on them.  They have beaten 5A playoff teams over the past 2 years.  This is a different group.  

8 SHUTOUTS ON THE YEAR avg 53.4 pts per game against 3.6 pts per game

8/26 Nederland (Nederland, TX) 42 - 0 Win
9/2  @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (Orange, TX) 45 - 0 Win
9/9 @ Bridge City TX) 55 - 0 Win
9/16 KIPP Northeast (Houston, TX) 61 - 0 Win
9/23 Silsbee (Silsbee, TX) 51 - 2 Win
9/30 Kennedale 45 - 21 Win
10/7 Hamshire-Fannett (Hamshire, TX) 68 - 0 Win
10/14 @ Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake, TX) 62 - 0 Win
10/28 Liberty (Liberty, TX) 32 - 7 Win
11/4 @ Orangefield (Orangefield, TX) 60 - 0 Win
11/10 Tarkington (Cleveland, TX) 73 - 0 Win 1st rd Playoffs
11/18 Robinson (Robinson, TX) 47 - 14 2nd rd Playoffs

Seattle Seahawk and former Longhorn Earl Thomas is a Alumni.  If they meet Gilmer  for State you will see some serious athletes on the field for small schools.  But I think no one will be within 2 TD's of them this year.  They would be a handful for 5A. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know this board is mainly about National type teams.  But I want to give a shout out to a special 4A team in Texas this year who are slightly off of what the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers did in Texas dominate their class as if they belong in a much larger class.  In Texas this year 4A has some very good medium size school teams but one in particular is dominating like no one in the State and one publication ranked them a top 20 team regardless of class.  They still have to win State and Have Gilmer and Celina left possibly but the West Orange Stark Mustangs are something else.  Check out what they have done so far in 4A. Again not Allen and SAC caliber but they are bad ass.  

Check out this and do you have a team that have dominated any class in your State like they have.  Domination.  If you get a chance check them out.  I know my fellow Texans hate our small schools but this is a special team like the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers.  Early talk was would anyone score on them.  They have beaten 5A playoff teams over the past 2 years.  This is a different group.  

8 SHUTOUTS ON THE YEAR avg 53.4 pts per game against 3.6 pts per game

8/26 Nederland (Nederland, TX) 42 - 0 Win
9/2  @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (Orange, TX) 45 - 0 Win
9/9 @ Bridge City TX) 55 - 0 Win
9/16 KIPP Northeast (Houston, TX) 61 - 0 Win
9/23 Silsbee (Silsbee, TX) 51 - 2 Win
9/30 Kennedale 45 - 21 Win
10/7 Hamshire-Fannett (Hamshire, TX) 68 - 0 Win
10/14 @ Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake, TX) 62 - 0 Win
10/28 Liberty (Liberty, TX) 32 - 7 Win
11/4 @ Orangefield (Orangefield, TX) 60 - 0 Win
11/10 Tarkington (Cleveland, TX) 73 - 0 Win 1st rd Playoffs
11/18 Robinson (Robinson, TX) 47 - 14 2nd rd Playoffs

Seattle Seahawk and former Longhorn Earl Thomas is a Alumni.  If they meet Gilmer  for State you will see some serious athletes on the field for small schools.  But I think no one will be within 2 TD's of them this year.  They would be a handful for 5A. 

They are defending state champs too, so it's not as if they are just having a lucky year either, very legit team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Impressive numbers. How large is the school and where would you rank them in the state?

They have 581 kids in HS.  4A DII. 

They beat 4A DI Kennedale who is still alive in the 3rd rd of playoffs a class above them. 45 -21 and they beat Liberty from their district who is still alive 32-7 during the season. Like Horsefly said they are not a Johnny come lately.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I wouldn't dare try the mere mention of a good small school in Texas draws the wrath of 6A.  But I feel they are a top 30 team in the whole State. They are very damn good. 

I would put them top 30, definitely. They are having a special year like Gilmer did a few years ago.

• Like 1

I just can't put WOS in 6A top 30 maybe top 50 maybe. But Top 30 is pushing it. You see they did not completely anhilate the only team that is 1 small step above them 45-21 was the final. It would only get worse as the classes moved up. I dont think they could best any of the 5A top 10 right now and that would surely push then out the too 30 overall. I dunno but I believe they are going to run rough shot over the rest of the teams left they for to play including Gilmer of that's who they meet. I admit it would be interesting to see WOS line up against a Spring Westfield or a Beaumont Westbrook don't think they would beat either but I'm sure they would hold their own.

3 hours ago, Connman said:

Whenever we talk about how a 4A would do against a 6A we always judge the 6A team at their best. Put this way if 2 mediocre teams ( Oak Ridge & St. Thomas) can stay within a touchdown of West Brook couldn't WOS do much better?

I dont know maybe earlier in the year but WB is rolling right now. I think they would give WB a decent game but I dont think they would beat them. I wouldn't even bet against WOS to best Oak Ridge either. 

9 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I just can't put WOS in 6A top 30 maybe top 50 maybe. But Top 30 is pushing it. You see they did not completely anhilate the only team that is 1 small step above them 45-21 was the final. It would only get worse as the classes moved up. I dont think they could best any of the 5A top 10 right now and that would surely push then out the too 30 overall. I dunno but I believe they are going to run rough shot over the rest of the teams left they for to play including Gilmer of that's who they meet. I admit it would be interesting to see WOS line up against a Spring Westfield or a Beaumont Westbrook don't think they would beat either but I'm sure they would hold their own.

Damn Gametyme  I thought beating a bigger school by 4 TD's is kicking ass 45 - 21  24 pts 4 td's.   A team that is still alive in the 4A DI playoffs.  I agree whenever you mention a good 4A team we get the well Allen would kill them or they would not beat the #30 6A team.  I have seen a  avg OOS team beat  a good 6A playoff team. So I will stick with my judgement.  95% OF 6A can't beat the top 30 6A teams in Texas and that would include a shitload of playoff teams.  

Don't let the fact they led 38 - 0 over Kennedale cloud your judgement of them.  :D Ask Horsefly and Texasball about these kids this year.   LMAO read this   They are legit and yes they would be hell in 5A this year and beat a boatload of 6A teams.  I say they are top 30 in State.  Like Daingerfield they are special. 

West Orange-Stark defeats Kennedale

NACOGDOCHES-Jack Dallas passed for 257 yards and two touchdowns as West Orange-Stark, the state's top ranked class 4A team, outclassed Kennedale in a non-district affair at Dragon Stadium. Jeremiah Shaw added 76 yards rushing and three scores. West Orange-Stark racked up 480 yards and 29 first downs. 

Kennedale (2-3) had no answer against a stout West Orange-Stark defense. West Orange-Stark, which had allowed only two points before Friday night's game, held Kennedale without a first down until the 10:34 mark of the second quarter. 

The outcome was decided in the second quarter when West Orange-Stark scored points on four consecutive drives. Dallas scored on a 13-yard run two plays into the second quarter to cap off a 15-play drive. Dallas and Ronald Carter connected on a 40-yard score on the next series for West Orange-Stark. Shaw followed with seven yard run to make it 21-0. Chad Dallas kicked a 30-yard field goal with three seconds remaining before half to make it 24-0. West Orange-Stark gained 256 yards while holding Kennedale to 78 yards and three first downs.

Cory Skinner recovered a Kennedale fumble on the first play from scrimmage in the second half. West Orange-Stark marched right down the field. The drive ended with Shaw scoring on a 19-yard scamper to make it 31-0.

When they went up 38 -0 in the 3rd with 3 mins left they called the dogs off.  That final score is misleading.  They mudstomped Kennedale. 

6 hours ago, Connman said:

Whenever we talk about how a 4A would do against a 6A we always judge the 6A team at their best. Put this way if 2 mediocre teams ( Oak Ridge & St. Thomas) can stay within a touchdown of West Brook couldn't WOS do much better?

Exactly they actually destroyed a good Kennedale Team.  They would beat a lot of 6A teams and would be in the top 50% of 6A teams in Texas. 

They destroyed another 4A team 49 -7 Bellville .  Special 4A team in Texas like Gilmer a few years back.  This defense is a 4A menace. They are destroying this class. I too would love to see them against Aledo or another 5A power.  They are doing to 4A what others think a top 5A or good 6A would.  Gilmer won 51-20 the good thing is they could only meet for the championship They are in Region III and Gilmer in Region II in a all Beast Texas State 4A battle.  I think they beat Gilmer or whomever make state by 2 td's or more.  

Special team this  year in the Medium type classes of Texas Football.   

have now outscored opponents 690-51 for the season, including 169-21 in the postseason.

avg 53 pts per game on the season opp. avg 3.9 pts per game.  Domination

Post season avg 56.3 per game opp. avg 7 pts this is suppose to be better competition.  :D

• Like 1