JCPenney is running out of time

RedZone

I'm not a big shopping guy, but I've bought some stuff from JCPenny and Sears.....

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/investing/jcpenney-earnings/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2018-05-18T21:48:49

Earlier this year, JCPenney announced it will cut 360 jobs at its stores and corporate headquarters. That's on top of more than 5,000 layoffs in 2017, after JCPenney decided to close nearly 140 stores. It has about 860 left

14 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My wife and girlfriend used to get their lingerie from both Sears and Penney's, when Victoria's Secrets doesn't have a sale on.

Is that where you get your panties?

giphy-downsized.gif

I bought your wife and girlfriend a pair at Sears too! Same day.

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Caught this mention today about a local Sears closing among 40 total.  Need a new spot to replace watch batteries.  

Meanwhile, companies that build automated warehouses for internet sales companies are experiencing double digit growth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Hopefullythey close so they can hire me to Demolish the stores and metal shelving 

The one in Paramus Park mall would be a nice gig.  

Went there right before they cleaned everything out to pick up some t-shirts.  Totally desolate; it looked like a damn North Korean department store.  Most depressing thing I’ve ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

The one in Paramus Park mall would be a nice gig.  

Went there right before they cleaned everything out to pick up some t-shirts.  Totally desolate; it looked like a damn North Korean department store.  Most depressing thing I’ve ever seen.

Sounds somewhat similar to a West Virginia coal mine. Oops.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

I'm not a big shopping guy, but I've bought some stuff from JCPenny and Sears.....

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/17/investing/jcpenney-earnings/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2018-05-18T21:48:49

Earlier this year, JCPenney announced it will cut 360 jobs at its stores and corporate headquarters. That's on top of more than 5,000 layoffs in 2017, after JCPenney decided to close nearly 140 stores. It has about 860 left

CEO leaving for Lowes. They are just about done. Amazon coupled with not being able to adjust to changing times, coupled with the gutting of their traditional shopping base, the lower middle class to middle class. Now we just have rich and poor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Brick and mortar contracting.

Online booming.

Unfortunately my name is not Bezos.

in the next 10-15 years there will be absolutely no reason to leave your couch. you can do business calls online...order clothes food and such online....everything you want is right there to be ordered

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You have already mastered the pizza delivery option!

unfortunately  the pizza shop I go to doesnt deliver so I go and pick it up.....but look at it...Shoprite offers shoprite from home...you order everything online they pack it up and bring it to you....very convenient. amazon will bring anything else that you need. I do believe pharmacies will even delivery any medicine that you may need. Businesses can take advantage of skype or other video conference services. No reason to fly and spend money doing that.  

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

unfortunately  the pizza shop I go to doesnt deliver so I go and pick it up.....but look at it...Shoprite offers shoprite from home...you order everything online they pack it up and bring it to you....very convenient. amazon will bring anything else that you need. I do believe pharmacies will even delivery any medicine that you may need. Businesses can take advantage of skype or other video conference services. No reason to fly and spend money doing that.  

This has been going on for years now.

Nothing new.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I hope Walmart is next to close.

That will do our country some good and help wages finally.

It will but its Walmart...i dont think its going anywhere. In a lot of town its basically their super store...walmart comes in closes everything down. They wanted to open a walmart by me..that was voted down quickly