The Costs Of Long Term Success As A HSFB Super Power?

HawgGoneIt

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't think Rush is opposed to bringing in a FL team to scrimmage.  I suggest Bolles.

Rufus>>

I can't remember if this ever happened but has CC ever played/scrimmaged Lincoln or Mad Co.???  They always came to play when they faced Valdosta back in the day.  Not too far of a drive, not exactly Tift Co distance tho.

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

I can't remember if this ever happened but has CC ever played/scrimmaged Lincoln or Mad Co.???  They always came to play when they faced Valdosta back in the day.  Not too far of a drive, not exactly Tift Co distance tho.

We still need a kickoff classic 

If GA was on same kickoff classic week as us then we could certainly use a game right now 

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Revised statement: Nobody wants to COME TO OUR FIELD and play us.

That may be the case this season. 

Last season we travelled to Drew, Atlanta, for our spring game. We then travelled to Atlanta 8 or 9 more times for games. 

We are travelling to Atlanta at least twice this season already. 

Forgive us for wanting to stay home for our scrimmage this season, if that is why we can't get a scrimmage opponent.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That may be the case this season. 

Last season we travelled to Drew, Atlanta, for our spring game. We then travelled to Atlanta 8 or 9 more times for games. 

We are travelling to Atlanta at least twice this season already. 

Forgive us for wanting to stay home for our scrimmage this season, if that is why we can't get a scrimmage opponent.

I think it is disingenuous to try and portray the situation as "nobody will play us!" Which we both know is very far fetched.

Just keep it real. It is probably late in the year to try and schedule this. Not a big deal. But don't lie or portray it to be something its not.

28 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I think it is disingenuous to try and portray the situation as "nobody will play us!" Which we both know is very far fetched.

Just keep it real. It is probably late in the year to try and schedule this. Not a big deal. But don't lie or portray it to be something its not.

The newspaper article speaks for itself. 

I posted the story. You portray it however you want. LMFAO!

Scrimmage games have never been so hard to get. 4 teams backing out in the spring and one already in the fall. 

This is actually pretty rich coming from the dummy that swore DLS was pussies for a month or two because they wouldn't drop a previously scheduled game to play Foolsom. 

Talk about disingenuous!

You are a piece of work dude. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Scrimmage games have never been so hard to get. 4 teams backing out in the spring and one already in the fall. 

This is actually pretty rich coming from the dummy that swore DLS was pussies for a month or two because they wouldn't drop a previously scheduled game to play Foolsom. 

Talk about disingenuous!

Disingenuous? I got a game scheduled that everyone on here (to include a mod) actively campaigned against. Result was good if you ask me. And I never lied.

NOBODY is ducking Colquitt for a lame scrimmage. Lets just put that out there. Lets also agree that they are looking for a scrimmage. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want one THAT bad, be flexible, as we were also told.

Sounds fair to me. And no, I am not trolling.

Just because you don't like the message, don't attack the messenger.

11 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Disingenuous? I got a game scheduled that everyone on here (to include a mod) actively campaigned against. Result was good if you ask me. And I never lied.

NOBODY is ducking Colquitt for a lame scrimmage. Lets just put that out there. Lets also agree that they are looking for a scrimmage. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want one THAT bad, be flexible, as we were also told.

Sounds fair to me. And no, I am not trolling.

Just because you don't like the message, don't attack the messenger.

Maybe you aren't trolling. I don't really care. 

Either way, you are a dumb ass. You certainly have no room to call me disingenuous or try to lecture me for a damned thing. That's a fact. 

You lecturing or calling someone else disingenuous is the richest shit I've seen on here in 4 years for sure. 

xD

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe you aren't trolling. I don't really care. 

Either way, you are a dumb ass. You certainly have no room to call me disingenuous or try to lecture me for a damned thing. That's a fact. 

You calling lecturing or calling someone else disingenuous is the richest shit I've seen on here in 4 yeard for sure. 

xD

Call it what you want.

But EVER implying that people are afraid to play Colquitt in a SCRIMMAGE is the richest shit I've ever heard on here.

14 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

While there are still questions about the actual role you played in getting game scheduled, your rhetoric against Prep is another example of you twisting words to support your agenda. He did not campaign against the game.  In the post that you use to cite it, he said that the game was not going to happen, the schedules did not work and that he was getting sick of the rumors.  That is it.  He was wrong, as the game was scheduled, but in no way did that constitute campaigning against the game.

And as much as you want to revise history, you were just as dumbfounded as the rest of us that it went down.  You quickly changed your tune once things were confirmed, but in those first few moments, you were seeking clarity just like the rest of us.  You may want people to forget that, but some of us remember.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Talk about disingenuous!

Hes a piece of something alright... 

Not quite sure work is the word I'd use though... 

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

While there are still questions about the actual role you played in getting game scheduled, your rhetoric against Prep is another example of you twisting words to support your agenda. He did not campaign against the game.  In the post that you use to cite it, he said that the game was not going to happen, the schedules did not work and that he was getting sick of the rumors.  That is it.  He was wrong, as the game was scheduled, but in no way did that constitute campaigning against the game.

And as much as you want to revise history, you were just as dumbfounded as the rest of us that it went down.  You quickly changed your tune once things were confirmed, but in those first few moments, you were seeking clarity just like the rest of us.  You may want people to forget that, but some of us remember.

I don't have a campaign against anyone. I simply have stated what was said.

You also conveniently left out where he stated Folsom didn't do anything to DESERVE this game. How entitled does that sound?

What does that say? I mean, c'mon. You guys can downplay it all you want, but there was a group of people on this forum that wanted NOTHING TO DO with this game. And that's ok! That is what makes it so fun.

19 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Call it what you want.

But EVER implying that people are afraid to play Colquitt in a SCRIMMAGE is the richest shit I've ever heard on here.

Lots of teams are afraid to play Colquitt home or away. That may not be the reason for all of the teams who have declined, but it's certainly a known fact that a large majority of teams around the state duck Colquitt and the other powerhouse schools.

Run along now and post an FCS list of offered skill players and tell us how they are better than DLS.

• Haha 2

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

Lots of teams are afraid to play Colquitt home or away. That may not be the reason for all of the teams who have declined, but it's certainly a known fact that a large majority of teams around the state duck Colquitt and the other powerhouse schools in the state.

Run along now and post an FCS list of offered skill players and tell us how they are better than DLS.

Awww, here they all come! Right on que!

NOBODY is ducking Colquitt. Nobody.

Our list is still better than yours.

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

but there was a group of people on this forum that wanted NOTHING TO DO with this game.

Wanting nothing to do with the game is different than thinking it was not going to happen, for whatever reasons.  Please stop passing your delusions off as everyone else's reality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

Wanting nothing to do with the game is different than thinking it was not going to happen, for whatever reasons.  Please stop passing your delusions off as everyone else's reality.

You didn't address my point about the rest of what he said, which you conveniently left out and didn't respond to.

You are making this easy.

18 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

MOST HSFB programs, with even some success, have trouble finding games and scrimmages. There are only so many weeks in a season and rules to regulate when and where things can happen. This makes it hard.

To imply that Colquitt is some juggernaut, whom nobody wants to play, is just plain silly. You guys know it.

C'mon.

How to look stupid 101... 

This whole post is riddled with idiocy... 

19 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You didn't address my point about the rest of what he said, which you conveniently left out and didn't respond to.

I left it out because it was not relevant.  You are insinuating that it was. To be honest, I don't remember him writing that Folsom did not deserve the game, at least not in the context that you are trying to paint. And even still, he is entitled to his opinion, and that opinion was not campaigning against the game from happening, nor was a melt down because the game was scheduled. The melt down, if it was even that, was over the constant flow of rumors, accusations and false flags.

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

I left it out because it was not relevant.  You are insinuating that it was. To be honest, I don't remember him writing that Folsom did not deserve the game, at least not in the context that you are trying to paint. And even still, he is entitled to his opinion, and that opinion was not campaigning against the game from happening, nor was a melt down because the game was scheduled. The melt down, if it was even that, was over the constant flow of rumors, accusations and false flags.

It is extremely relevant.  This is a moderator of a national HSFB site. To say that Folsom did nothing to DESERVE a game (exact words) is extremely telling and reflective of the general sentiment that many people wanted nothing to do with this game. 

Nothing more. Nothing less. 

I don't hold it against anyone. I think its great in my opinion. It will make the win all that much sweeter. 

But yes- it is relevant. So don't leave it out.