ESPN has quietly removed the Comment Section

Mjd33

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Or......are people just fed up with certain kinds of conduct ......That may not be racist....Give me an example....

Have you read it?  I've stopped reading the comments on ESPN and other traditional sites as racists trolls will turn any story about black athletes, politicians or you name it, into a racist tirade.

comments are also too political, anti trump this or anti liberal that.....

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You rt wingers will never be accused of that.  A matter of fact, when have rt wingers ever been accused of anything overly humane and tolerant?  Serious question.

May I take this? Lets see, when PRESIDENT Trump opted for the negotiating table, rather than blowing Kim Jung Dung off the face of the earth, thereby saving untold MILLIONS of innocents! When PRESIDENT Trump instantly started the process of rescuing the three ORIENTAL American captives, from North Korea!  When he got Otto Warmbier home after many feckless attempts by the Barack Hussein Administration, that cost him his LIFE! And when the TRUMP Administration opted to close our borders, to keep out MS-13, human traffickers, and drug cartels, which are KILLING our population! Versus YOU fools, who want to give the fucking WORLD a FREE RIDE in your quest at creating a Third World country!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

May I take this? Lets see, when PRESIDENT Trump opted for the negotiating table, rather than blowing Kim Jung Dung off the face of the earth, thereby saving untold MILLIONS of innocents! When PRESIDENT Trump instantly started the process of rescuing the three ORIENTAL American captives, from North Korea!  When he got Otto Warmbier home after many feckless attempts by the Barack Hussein Administration, that cost him his LIFE! And when the TRUMP Administration opted to close our borders, to keep out MS-13, human traffickers, and drug cartels, which are KILLING our population! Versus YOU fools, who want to give the fucking WORLD a FREE RIDE in your quest at creating a Third World country!

You havent taken nor said squat..as usual. You might have a point if I actually supported open borders, but I don't.

Trump has not done much in a year but cheerlead for himself, lie, distort and tweet, and you all eagerly take up the Pom poms with him.  Let him actually get through a term and then let's talk!

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

In his statement did he mention any specific group or  "aisle" ?

No. He didn’t. But I’m pretty sure we know who he was referrring to. It’s not like it’s his first post ever. He’s a good poster. If I’m off base, then I’ll apologize. He’ll have to let me know. All’s I’m saying is that the keyboard cowards are created equally. 

14 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

No. He didn’t. But I’m pretty sure we know who he was referrring to. It’s not like it’s his first post ever. He’s a good poster. If I’m off base, then I’ll apologize. He’ll have to let me know. All’s I’m saying is that the keyboard cowards are created equally. 

Correct, that's for him to address, I don't want to assume.

but, do you know who I consider non cowardly? Those that face politicians directly and challenge them on their positions and views.  Those are the ones not willing to settle for the status quo, but demand accountability. They want to drain the swamp.  Regardless of their political affiliation, what do you think of those that are confronting and challenging these politicians?(the lady that confronted Pruitt at the restaurant a few days back comes to mind) 

23 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

It is just a lame excuse for laziness.

Grow up strong,make people trust you,make good connections ,work hard & in time people will want you to be their good connection.

Doesn't have any thing to do with laziness, but is the general definition of what fits the norm in the US: politically, socially and professionally.  Long story short, through the centuries those norms are Eurocentric.

Case in point, how many times has it been stated that subcultures here in the US need to assimilate?  What are they assimilating into and what race defines the dominant culture?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Doesn't have any thing to do with laziness, but is the general definition of what fits the norm in the US: politically, socially and professionally.  Long story short, through the centuries those norms are Eurocentric.

Case in point, how many times has it been stated that subcultures here in the US need to assimilate?  What are they assimilating into and what race defines the dominant culture?

Look at the countries where people came from & why did they leave.Why did they pick USA?It used to be,to become Americans.Lately it is to set up shop in cities or towns & make it like where they came from with new but similar rulers.It's like the fuck'n Twilight Zone for most.Their dreams are gone & we are letting it happen.

5 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Look at the countries where people came from & why did they leave.Why did they pick USA?It used to be,to become Americans.Lately it is to set up shop in cities or towns & make it like where they came from with new but similar rulers.It's like the fuck'n Twilight Zone for most.Their dreams are gone & we are letting it happen.

And what ethnic group defines what it means to be “American”? 

folks act as though white privilege is a cuss word or insult and it’s not.  The white culture defined American politics, social and professional norms, and those that best benefit from it are white. The label is generic and doesn’t take away from ones own hard work and effort. Nor does it imply every white person had it easy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Correct, that's for him to address, I don't want to assume.

but, do you know who I consider non cowardly? Those that face politicians directly and challenge them on their positions and views.  Those are the ones not willing to settle for the status quo, but demand accountability. They want to drain the swamp.  Regardless of their political affiliation, what do you think of those that are confronting and challenging these politicians?(the lady that confronted Pruitt at the restaurant a few days back comes to mind) 

Here’s what I base my feelings on regarding your question.

“But when a long train of abuses and unsurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and provide new Guards for their future security”. 

I’m certain you know where this quote comes from. To me, the left being pissed, throwing tantrums, and inciting violence against this country's cabinet is outrageous and irresponsible. All because their political party is a joke (my opinion), and they don’t like President Trump nor his message. Its ok to not like the President. It’s our right as citizens. I didn’t like Obama even though I voted for him. One’s opinion of unethical or immoral behavior is just that, an opinion. Although, I ended up significantly disagreeing with Mr. Obama on just about everything, I didn’t see any “long train of abuses” under President Obama nor do I presently under President Trump that would cause me to go apeshit everyday.

So to answer your question, it’s ok to protest...the right way. It’s our right to assemble and have free speech without retaliation from the government. But be prepared for the pushback from other citizens. Confronting politicians in restaurants is ok to me as long as it doesn’t endanger the politician and or the public. Politicians should expect this, comes with the territory.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And what ethnic group defines what it means to be “American”? 

folks act as though white privilege is a cuss word or insult and it’s not.  The white culture defined American politics, social and professional norms, and those that best benefit from it are white. The label is generic and doesn’t take away from ones own hard work and effort. Nor does it imply every white person had it easy. 

HF, you’re a good dude, I can tell. But That’s exactly what the implication is! So you’re saying that when an angry racist like SN talks about white privilege you wouldn’t expect a reaction from people? Meh... that’s normal vernacular. But yet you guys give Drummer and HSFB hell for their interpretation of the world from a more conservative view. Dems are tolerant as long as they approve of what your belief is. 

7 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

HF, you’re a good dude, I can tell. But That’s exactly what the implication is! So you’re saying that when an angry racist like SN talks about white privilege you wouldn’t expect a reaction from people? Meh... that’s normal vernacular. But yet you guys give Drummer and HSFB hell for their interpretation of the world from a more conservative view. Dems are tolerant as long as they approve of what your belief is. 

I'm giving an academic explanation of the word, void of emotion and rhetoric

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Here’s what I base my feelings on regarding your question.

“But when a long train of abuses and unsurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and provide new Guards for their future security”. 

I’m certain you know where this quote comes from. To me, the left being pissed, throwing tantrums, and inciting violence against this country's cabinet is outrageous and irresponsible. All because their political party is a joke (my opinion), and they don’t like President Trump nor his message. Its ok to not like the President. It’s our right as citizens. I didn’t like Obama even though I voted for him. One’s opinion of unethical or immoral behavior is just that, an opinion. Although, I ended up significantly disagreeing with Mr. Obama on just about everything, I didn’t see any “long train of abuses” under President Obama nor do I presently under President Trump that would cause me to go apeshit everyday.

So to answer your question, it’s ok to protest...the right way. It’s our right to assemble and have free speech without retaliation from the government. But be prepared for the pushback from other citizens. Confronting politicians in restaurants is ok to me as long as it doesn’t endanger the politician and or the public. Politicians should expect this, comes with the territory.

This is my view too.

• Like 1