The Final Pre-season Georgia Top Ten

Rufus69

Well...spring has sprung...fall has fell...summer's here...and it's hot as hell.....

The only thing left is the fall scrimmages...but honestly...not much should change unless it's the DREADED injury bug.  So here is where we'll start for high school football in the State of Georgia.  There can be little doubt cause the Cray don't fib.  Read it and weep...Gurus.....

1.  Grayson

2. Marietta

3.  Buford

4.  North Gwinnett

5.  Archer

6.  Lowndes

7.  McEachern

8.  Walton

9.  Lee County

10.  Brookwood

And the teams that are close and could improve as the season progresses....

11.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

12.  Milton

13.  Colquitt

14.  Rome

15.  Tucker

You might argue that the Top Five are interchangeable...but that's how the Cray spit'em out.  You're more than likely gonna argue that Lowndes is TOO low.  Well...we'll see.   And before you even go off the deep end...there is NO WAY I'm putting Shorty Reid above Rush in any poll.  Not gonna happen.  Georgia High School football is gonna be an all out war this year.  Whoa Black Betty...Bam-ba-Lam...

Rufus>>

Thought Colquitt returns 17 starters? You must NOT like Colquitt  County........only thing Ii can figure, Oh wait............😄

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 8
Returning Defensive Starters: 9
2017 JV Record: 4-2
Starting Quarterback Returning: no
Top Running Back Returning: yes
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: yes
Top Defender Returning: yes

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Thought Colquitt returns 17 starters? You must NOT like Colquitt  County........only thing Ii can figure, Oh wait............😄

RETURNERS

Top receiver and top defender didn’t return u moron

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

RETURNERS

Well....like I posted...Colquitt could move up as the season progresses.  The glaring eyesore in the above info...Starting QB Returning...no.

We fully expect Jaycee Harden to grow into the position by Region time...but early on...we'll just hafta see how he performs.  Also...we've had to replace more Assistant coaches this season...and the loss of Coach Sutton...is hard to overlook.  Again...we'll hafta wait and see how we gel as a team.  He's been an integral part of our process for a while.

I figure we'll win a game or two....but...the proof is in the pudding.

Rufus>>

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ohh comon now ur goona sit here on Gods given day and straight lie and say JJ wasn’t the best defender on that team last year

Personally I was a Brian Merritt and Jay Ward fan in spite of JJ getting a lot of press due to his intangibles. JJ had an attitude issue that took away from his ability to be a team leader imo. 

• Like 2

Colquitt does return 8 on O... Losing QB Steven Krajewski, WR Cam Singletary, & RG Tyler Howard.

Why it says 9 on D, idk ... BUT their 2017 7A State Title lineup was ...

DE Deandre Grant - Graduated

DT Kyante Rivers - Graduated

DE Brian Merritt - Senior

"Dog" Camari Louis - Senior

WLB Marcus Anderson - Senior

MLB Rashard Revels - Senior

"Buck" J.J. Peterson - Graduated

"Rover" Dante Moore - Graduated

CB Jarvis Christopher - Graduated

FS Kaleb Dawson - Graduated

CB Quen McNeil - Graduated

Thats just 4 returners on D...

I dont see Jay Ward as a starter...

It showed this same lineup the week they played Walton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt does return 8 on O... Losing QB Steven Krajewski, WR Cam Singletary, & RG Tyler Howard.

Why it says 9 on D, idk ... BUT their 2017 7A State Title lineup was ...

DE Deandre Grant - Graduated

DT Kyante Rivers - Graduated

DE Brian Merritt - Senior

"Dog" Camari Louis - Senior

WLB Marcus Anderson - Senior

MLB Rashard Revels - Senior

"Buck" J.J. Peterson - Graduated

"Rover" Dante Moore - Graduated

CB Jarvis Christopher - Graduated

FS Kaleb Dawson - Graduated

CB Quen McNeil - Graduated

Thats just 4 returners on D...

I dont see Jay Ward as a starter...

It showed this same lineup the week they played Walton.

I think it says nine on D because that's what the coaches turned in to CP.

Jay Ward was a definite starter. 

All of the rest of those guys you list platooned their positions. While depending on the team we were playing depended on who started and who came in relief and how often.

Not sure that anyone ever considered Moore as a starter at rover. 

It doesn't matter though. Have at it with 4 returning starters on D. ;)

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on who you think the top defender was. 

Stars behind a name doesn't necessarily equate as top defender, especially from a leadership standpoint. 

I agree whole heartedly. I’m not as worried about the defensive side of the ball. Our black hats are going to be NASTY this year. 

Just now, 94Packer said:

I agree whole heartedly. I’m not as worried about the defensive side of the ball. Our black hats are going to be NASTY this year. 

I think there is a difference between best player and most talented. 

Some guys are the total package. Some are more talented. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Personally I was a Brian Merritt and Jay Ward fan in spite of JJ getting a lot of press due to his intangibles. JJ had an attitude issue that took away from his ability to be a team leader imo. 

JJ had the most natural talent but didn’t even come to life until the playoffs last year. The one I think that will be missed from a leadership standpoint is Dawson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it says nine on D because that's what the coaches turned in to CP.

Jay Ward was a definite starter. 

All of the rest of those guys you list platooned their positions. While depending on the team we were playing depended on who started and who came in relief and how often.

Not sure that anyone ever considered Moore as a starter at rover. 

It doesn't matter though. Have at it with 4 returning starters on D. ;)

4 and 9 is a huge difference... Thatd mean that atleast 5 of these 7 guys listed as a Senior didnt actually start.

Just now, 94Packer said:

JJ had the most natural talent but didn’t even come to life until the playoffs last year. The one I think that will be missed from a leadership standpoint is Dawson. 

Dawson for sure. I like JJ and think he was a definite beast, he had a switch that if it went off, he was done for the game basically. Sometimes that switch never flipped and he played well and sometimes it flipped and he seemed like a different kid. 

Seemed like a cruise control season for him to me, and I never saw him play active leader role during games. He was more apt to slam his helmet and cover his face with a towel than to run down the bench pumping up his teammates.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

JJ probably has as much natural talent as anybody I've personally seen wearing a Packer uniform.

We'll leave it at that.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Can't believe you don't have Lowndes in your Top 130... Jesus man.

Rufus>>

In Philip Jones’ third year at the helm of Brookwood, the Broncos won 11 straight games after starting 0-2, won Region 7-AAAAAAA and reached the semifinals for the eighth time in school history. But after the 31-14 loss to Colquitt County (a team they defeated earlier in the season) that kept them out of the state title game, the Broncos were left to face the reality of losing 20 starters and 19 signed players from last year’s tight-knit senior class. Brookwood will open the 2018 season at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the Corky Kell Classic against North Gwinnett

-------

Ill let NG knock them out of your Top 10.

-----

Brookwood has 4 guys competing for the starting job.

This season is going to consist of a lot of new faces on the field. The only two positions with returning starters after a senior-laden group made a run to the semifinals in 2018 will be at center and cornerback

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Dawson for sure. I like JJ and think he was a definite beast, he had a switch that if it went off, he was done for the game basically. Sometimes that switch never flipped and he played well and sometimes it flipped and he seemed like a different kid. 

Seemed like a cruise control season for him to me, and I never saw him play active leader role during games. He was more apt to slam his helmet and cover his face with a towel than to run down the bench pumping up his teammates.

He has the folks in Knoxville antsy and nervous too, as he is still not on campus. I do sincerely hope he has a great career though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

4 and 9 is a huge difference... Thatd mean that atleast 5 of these 7 guys listed as a Senior didnt actually start.

Exactly. Just because they were seniors they didn't all start. There was only 12 seniors total on the team last year I think. Maybe half were full fledged starters.

This year that is different. We'll be starting seniors 2 deep most everywhere. 

Most all of the rising seniors this year either started at positions or had significant playing time at them last year. There are very few exceptions to that this season.

For instance at LS that we've been talking about. Neither kid that is competing for that position started last year. One of the few positions where we will be "inexperienced". There and the biggie is QB. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Exactly. Just because they were seniors they didn't all start. There was only 12 seniors total on the team last year I think. Maybe half were full fledged starters.

This year that is different. We'll be starting seniors 2 deep most everywhere. 

Most all of the rising seniors this year either started at positions or had significant playing time at them last year. There are very few exceptions to that this season.

For instance at LS that we've been talking about. Neither kid that is competing for that position started last year. One of the few positions where we will he "inexperienced". There and the biggie is QB. 

Colquitt utilizes a platoon defensive scheme...with about 15 "starters".  Dixon loves having the athletes so he can implement whatever hybrid defense he wants...depending on the circumstance.

I have never cared about how many "starters" return.  If you have a program that gives your younger kids playing time...then you simply RELOAD.  I wonder how Colquitt has maintained their success over the last 9 seasons.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1