The Final Pre-season Georgia Top Ten

Rufus69

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Colquitt utilizes a platoon defensive scheme...with about 15 "starters".  Dixon loves having the athletes so he can implement whatever hybrid defense he wants...depending on the circumstance.

I have never cared about how many "starters" return.  If you have a program that gives your younger kids playing time...then you simply RELOAD.  I wonder how Colquitt has maintained their success over the last 9 seasons.....

Rufus>>

Mo took that to a different level last season imo. 

I can't wait to see how many times Callon Kubiak's name called in games this year. Seemed like I heard it alot last year already. I think he was a soph. We are deeeep on defense.

4 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

@Rufus69 this one I’m really concerned about is Lovejoy. Where are they in you rankings? I’m shocked they aren’t on your list.😇

I have them right next to Ware County.....(Smile).

Lovejoy has never beaten Colquitt.  Ware County has never beaten Colquitt.  There's you a game...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Mo took that to a different level last season imo. 

I can't wait to see how many times Callon Kubiak's name called in games this year. Seemed like I heard it alot last year already. I think he was a soph. We are deeeep on defense.

I think I read somewhere that The Cube plays backer at 175 lbs (give or take).  Not big at all...but he's a frigging lighter knot.  Love to watch that kid play !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt does return 8 on O... Losing QB Steven Krajewski, WR Cam Singletary, & RG Tyler Howard.

Why it says 9 on D, idk ... BUT their 2017 7A State Title lineup was ...

DE Deandre Grant - Graduated

DT Kyante Rivers - Graduated

DE Brian Merritt - Senior

"Dog" Camari Louis - Senior

WLB Marcus Anderson - Senior

MLB Rashard Revels - Senior

"Buck" J.J. Peterson - Graduated

"Rover" Dante Moore - Graduated

CB Jarvis Christopher - Graduated

FS Kaleb Dawson - Graduated

CB Quen McNeil - Graduated

Thats just 4 returners on D...

I dont see Jay Ward as a starter...

It showed this same lineup the week they played Walton.

You DO realize a course, that Colquitt uses about TWENTY FIVE on D, in the FIRST QUARTER? That's part of the reason why they haven't had a cramp since 2013! Jist fer shits a giggles though! I believe I remember Cousin Rush saying, that Jay Ward was the best corner than he;s ever had at Colquitt! 

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

You DO realize a course, that Colquitt uses about TWENTY FIVE on D, in the FIRST QUARTER? That's part of the reason why they haven't had a cramp since 2013!

Probably why they nearly lost 10 games in 2 years

you need stud defenders that are on field 85% of time.. not 30 no star players in a rotation 

JJ was definitely as advertised. He was one of the top linebackers in the country at the high school level. There is no doubt about that at all. 

Whether or not that makes him the top defender on your team is debatable. It totally depends on how you define top defender if you are the coach. Is it all talent? All stats? All leadership? Or, is it a combination of the three that elevates a kid to be at the top of your list when you think about the top defender on your team? 

As a fan from the sideline, I tend to look for the kid that has stats and presence on the sideline that uplifts the rest of the team. The coaches could be looking for something totally different, but, judging by the fact that they reported to CalPreps already and they have listed that Colquitt did not lose the top defender, either there is an entry error or the coaches listed someone else as the top defender. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

JJ was definitely as advertised. He was one of the top linebackers in the country at the high school level. There is no doubt about that at all. 

Whether or not that makes him the top defender on your team is debatable. It totally depends on how you define top defender if you are the coach. Is it all talent? All stats? All leadership? Or, is it a combination of the three that elevates a kid to be at the top of your list when you think about the top defender on your team? 

As a fan from the sideline, I tend to look for the kid that has stats and presence on the sideline that uplifts the rest of the team. The coaches could be looking for something totally different, but, judging by the fact that they reported to CalPreps already and they have listed that Colquitt did not lose the top defender, either there is an entry error or the coaches listed someone else as the top defender. 

Ive been pondering the 9 defensive returners thing all day... There is no way they return 9 starters ... No matter who you consider a starter.

Now it says the top defender isnt gone ... When he clearly is. JJ Peterson was the top defender. But I guess you can say its a debatable topic at the most...

But It also says the top receiver returns... Which he doesnt...  Cam Singletary was the top WR and that one isnt debatable at all.

IMO... And its just MY opinion... This reply was sent directly to CalPreps. Maybe ole Propst sent this info... 9 returning D starters, best defender and WR return, etc... To get a better starting position in CalPreps poll? Thats all I can think of. Because that would cause Colquitt to rise a bit.

MaxPreps technically owns CalPreps... Maybe be wanted to impress MaxPreps and get a good starting ranking there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ive been pondering the 9 defensive returners thing all day... There is no way they return 9 starters ... No matter who you consider a starter.

Now it says the top defender isnt gone ... When he clearly is. JJ Peterson was the top defender. But I guess you can say its a debatable topic at the most...

But It also says the top receiver returns... Which he doesnt...  Cam Singletary was the top WR and that one isnt debatable at all.

IMO... And its just MY opinion... This reply was sent directly to CalPreps. Maybe ole Propst sent this info... 9 returning D starters, best defender and WR return, etc... To get a better starting position in CalPreps poll? Thats all I can think of. Because that would cause Colquitt to rise a bit.

MaxPreps technically owns CalPreps... Maybe be wanted to impress MaxPreps and get a good starting ranking there.

It's possible that Cam could have been considered as athlete, last season which left the title of top WR open to be someone else. He was definitely the top stats receiver though, so I'm with you on that. WR is one of the spots where Colquitt seems thin at this season. Little shake and bake Cam is hard to replace. No doubt about it. 

JJ was definitely the most talented player on the field in most of the games he was in. I could totally see another player or two being considered the top defender by the coaches though. Idk how that works for sure. Seems like CP would see that JJ was a 5 star and there just isn't that many of those hanging around on Colquitt's sideline, so there has to be some other criteria at play. 

15 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...spring has sprung...fall has fell...summer's here...and it's hot as hell.....

The only thing left is the fall scrimmages...but honestly...not much should change unless it's the DREADED injury bug.  So here is where we'll start for high school football in the State of Georgia.  There can be little doubt cause the Cray don't fib.  Read it and weep...Gurus.....

1.  Grayson

2. Marietta

3.  Buford

4.  North Gwinnett

5.  Archer

6.  Lowndes

7.  McEachern

8.  Walton

9.  Lee County

10.  Brookwood

And the teams that are close and could improve as the season progresses....

11.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

12.  Milton

13.  Colquitt

14.  Rome

15.  Tucker

You might argue that the Top Five are interchangeable...but that's how the Cray spit'em out.  You're more than likely gonna argue that Lowndes is TOO low.  Well...we'll see.   And before you even go off the deep end...there is NO WAY I'm putting Shorty Reid above Rush in any poll.  Not gonna happen.  Georgia High School football is gonna be an all out war this year.  Whoa Black Betty...Bam-ba-Lam...

Rufus>>

Folsom by 10 over all of these teams.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Personally I was a Brian Merritt and Jay Ward fan in spite of JJ getting a lot of press due to his intangibles. JJ had an attitude issue that took away from his ability to be a team leader imo. 

JAY WARD WENT OFF IN THE PLAYOFFS! Kid is a star at DB! He did awesome on Blaylock a five star kid and then followed it up with back to back weeks of more great coverage. 

Super impressed with him. He will earn the offers this year 

My biggest fear with Colquitt this year is quarterback play. It was bad in 2016 and it hurt them. I haven’t seen enough of him to say. He was fine in the Corky Kell 7v7. Didn’t standout. (In a bad way either, which is a silver lining) 

Run game should be loaded! Gonna lean on that heavy. Big Hawgs up front will create space. My worry is like as a Bama fan with Jalen and all those backs.... there will be a time where the QB has to win it, say the way Steven did** last year in the final leading that drive. Can new buddy do that? We shall see 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

JAY WARD WENT OFF IN THE PLAYOFFS! Kid is a star at DB! He did awesome on Blaylock a five star kid and then followed it up with back to back weeks of more great coverage. 

Super impressed with him. He will earn the offers this year 

I told y'all about Jay after the Vista Murrieta game. Kid can change directions in mid air like Ironman or something. 

Amazing player and shutdown cover corner. 

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

My biggest fear with Colquitt this year is quarterback play. It was bad in 2016 and it hurt them. I haven’t seen enough of him to say. He was fine in the Corky Kell 7v7. Didn’t standout. (In a bad way either, which is a silver lining) 

Run game should be loaded! Gonna lean on that heavy. Big Hawgs up front will create space. My worry is like as a Bama fan with Jalen and all those backs.... there will be a time where the QB has to win it, say the way Steven did** last year in the final leading that drive. Can new buddy do that? We shall see 

Sir....THAT is one fair assessment.

Rufus>>

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I'm going with play-calling, I can't agree with it solely on the Qb's shoulders, it seemed to be a gap between the play-calling and the Qb, just my observation.

Seen it too many times across other sports, sometime ya gotta mold the plays to the strength of the player.

Regards

BGW

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm going with play-calling, I can't agree with it solely on the Qb's shoulders, it seemed to be a gap between the play-calling and the Qb, just my observation.

Seen it too many times across other sports, sometime ya gotta mold the plays to the strength of the player.

Regards

BGW

Sir...Packer fans have come together and stated...we will NOT criticize our offensive coordinator...no matter how offensive he is.  Yes...there's a pun in there.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2