Last Chance U

AztecPadre

8 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Got through 4 or so episodes. Not quite sure how anyone can defend Malik. What a piece of work that kid is my goodness. Hurling the N word in games after being repeatedly told not to by refs w automatic 2 game suspension.  Running off the field telling the ref fuck You at half time. Talking about nutting on a player on the opposite team’s sisters back  (or ref not sure who that insult was directed at ?) 

I would love to meet Henry’s parents. They Did a terrible job of raising him but somehow I bet his father is the lavar ball type. 

Don’t get me wrong, the coach is a complete jackoff. But my God you can’t talk back to your coach like that esp during a game esp since OTHER COACHES WILL SEE THIS! Not to mention this is your last chance. No one in charge of even a half decent reputable program is going to take a flyer on Malik after this .... if I was a D3 coach with a team that didn’t win one game last year I wouldn’t take him. Telling your coach he sucks and he’s fat. What in the actual fuck? I’ll do this shit myself lol. 

I’m Not going to predict where Malik will be in 5-10 years but it won’t be good with that attitude. He will always blame someone else for his shortcomings. 

If Indy had a competent backup qb of any sort.... Id sit Henry for at LEAST a full game. 

Id also implement a rule for the players .... no wearing gear of previous school you got kicked out of.... no michigan, tx tech, FSU flair .... those teams dumped your ass and no one cares. It Just inflates their egos. If they don’t have that many clothes .... I’d give them more crappy adidas Indy shit to rock. 

The president of the school is a schmuck too. Hiring someone like that to be your football Coach? Oh boy. 

Agree with everything 100% especially that this series is basically Malik’s career death sentence — no one anywhere will want him (but I still bet this isn’t his last year in football) 

disagree a bit on president — I think you could argue that he made a wrong decision, but he strikes me as astute, thoughtful, and articulate in describing the community’s need for this sort of thing and despite Brown being a dick, I’m not sure the decision was wrong for his purposes 

btw, I’m thru episode 5 and will have season done in a couple of days — gripping like a train wreck 

Ollie's total indifference to Brittany and her lack of ability to take control of the situation and exploit her golden opportunity to help the kid in a very real way. As an example, and there are many, when she was trying to reach him relative to attendance, grades etc, he was fooling with his phone and not focused on her or even why he was there. 

She did not take charge and make him put it down while making him realize ( In a very strong way ) why he was there and its importance. She is the adult... he is the kid and she had no clue how to get that point across to him. He paid her lip service until he was able to get out of there. What is dis-heartening is the fact that; that scenario plays out thousands of times a day in many situations and contributes in a very un-positive aspect of our society.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Ollie's total indifference to Brittany and her lack of ability to take control of the situation and exploit her golden opportunity to help the kid in a very real way. As an example, and there are many, when she was trying to reach him relative to attendance, grades etc, he was fooling with his phone and not focused on her or even why he was there. 

She did not take charge and make him put it down while making him realize ( In a very strong way ) why he was there and its importance. She is the adult... he is the kid and she had no clue how to get that point across to him. He paid her lip service until he was able to get out of there. What is dis-heartening is the fact that; that scenario plays out thousands of times a day in many situations and contributes in a very un-positive aspect of our society.

I agree.  Good post