A few observations of CalPreps' Poll

ECHS05

1 hour ago, old_e said:

Calpreps gave GA the benefit of the doubt. After the first game, it was obvious they didn't belong.lol

Who counts how many top 1,000 teams a stare has between week zero and one?

theres not a tool to that automatically — he’s actually scrolling thru 1,000 teams, going “55.....................56......................57,58.................57.......  wait..................... Dammit!............. 1.............2................”

Dude needs to chill until October 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

It favors where you are from.

You just need to stop talking, youve been wrong every step of the way. Denying state scaling was even a thing until Ned had to insert a way to try to fix it because it was becoming so absurd. 

You need to stop thinking that you’ve achieved anything by your decade long campaign 

All you’ve done is annoy people often 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

theres not a tool to that automatically — he’s actually scrolling thru 1,000 teams, going “55.....................56......................57,58.................57.......  wait..................... Dammit!............. 1.............2................”

Who Ned? Pops you could do CalPreps, then massage it as the season goes along.

At this point you really can't lend credence to CalPreps this early in the season.

Regards

BGW

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Just you and Block mostly.

Would that be "people"?

Love generalizations........ love em.

BGW

Shall I direct your fellow GA to you for admonishment in future — no one uses them more 

In fact no one misuses that phrase on any topic more than peanut and calpreps 

everyone finds him annoying way more than everyone agrees with him 

same shit different day 

rinse repeat 1,000x 

Look ECHS just really hates NeD/California.Its kind of weird actually.He rants about Ned overrating California teams but have you looked at the composite poll? I guess the whole country is overrating California 🤷🏽‍♂️ Being 3-4 spots higher in one poll than another isn’t a big deal because this isn’t an exact science.I just don’t get the guys obsession with Ned.

34 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If you truly knew it, the forum would look nothing like it does on a daily basis. 

B S

And,, what would it look like minus the Georgia crowd? 

A few weeks ago it woulda looked like...

images.jpeg.88434a905c3bbcdc37398214e4699b24.jpeg

FOLSOM BY 17! 

Folsom will destroy DLS!

FOLSOM

DLS/FOLSOM

I FolsomBluePrison alone got the DLS/Folsom Game!

Today because we Georgia folks are so nice, there isn't any threads like...

FOLSOM GOT KILLED! 

Folsom has BUTTERFINGERS! 

Folsom couldn't beat their way out of a Green paper bag! 

Instead there is content rich Cal Preps anomaly thread blown up by Folsom guy because he can't refute the evidence that was introduced.

Good luck with those butter fingers over there. 

Just pass this along to the Folsom coaches and tell them the lousy Georgia guys from the National board were offering help for the ball carriers. 

xD

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And,, what would it look like minus the Georgia crowd? 

A few weeks ago it woulda looked like...

FOLSOM BY 17! 

Folsom will destroy DLS!

FOLSOM

DLS/FOLSOM

I FolsomBluePrison alone got the DLS/Folsom Game!

Today because we Georgia folks are so nice, there isn't any threads like...

FOLSOM GOT KILLED! 

Folsom has BUTTERFINGERS! 

Folsom couldn't beat their way out of a Green paper bag! 

Instead there is content rich Cal Preps anomaly thread blown up by Folsom guy because he can't refute the evidence that was introduced.

Good luck with those butter fingers over there. 

Just pass this along to the Folsom coaches and tell them the lousy Georgia guys from the National board were offering help for the ball carriers. 

xD

I will just let them know you guys are offering Colquitt as a sacraficial lamb to us and will be traveling to CA next year. It will be good for your boys!

25 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I will just let them know you guys are offering Colquitt as a sacraficial lamb to us and will be traveling to CA next year. It will be good for your boys!

No. Send them the instructional video on how to properly carry a football for dummies. 

That's the offering to them on this day. 

Tyvm. 

xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Look ECHS just really hates NeD/California.Its kind of weird actually.He rants about Ned overrating California teams but have you looked at the composite poll? I guess the whole country is overrating California 🤷🏽‍♂️ Being 3-4 spots higher in one poll than another isn’t a big deal because this isn’t an exact science.I just don’t get the guys obsession with Ned.

Exactamundo

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

Exactamundo

I believe that all of the polls "peek" at Cal Preps and Maxwell and this makes sense because it's the best places to find information on nearly every team. They then use the CP initial placements and sprinkle their own little adjustments on the poll. 

I suspect that if Cal Preps had a totally odd ball set of teams in the top 25 next season, we'd magically find some of those oddballs in the other polls too.

This is why we all should expect more from Cal Preps also. 

I don't understand why you guys hate on ECHS for expecting or lobbying for a better product from CP. Well, outside of a Cali agenda of course. 

If there wasn't strange anomalies and fuzzy math throughout the algorithm, I don't think there would be ECHS threads about how CP is screwing up.

We should all demand and expect better from CP. 

/endrant

xD

17 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

A few ridiculous things I noticed about CalPreps poll...

Before Week 0, Georgia had 59 teams in the CalPreps Top 1000.... For some unknown reason they now have 38 after 1 game... Makes no sense at all.

St. Louis started with an 85.8 rating... Theyve played 2 games, receiving Performance ratings of 45.5, and 94.1 (for beating Narbonne) ... And for some reason theyve went from 85.8 to 100.4... This is human tinkering, not actual math.

Perhaps the 2nd most ridiculous thing, right after GA losing 21 Top 1000 teams after Week 0 ... Is Orange Lutheran playing a game and receiving a 33.7 performance rating, this game being a Bold game... barely beating a crap San Juan Hills... And they are still #8 nationally with a 76.4 overall rating... Wtf? This is bc they are playing Cen10, so boosting OLu boosts Cen10 win or lose.

Folsom being highly overrated to start, has helped keep them  at 11th with a 71.5 rating even after taking a 59 performance rating vs. DLS.

The funny part... Both OLu and Folsom, being from Cali, have been kept highly rated by being overrated to start... While Rome has an actual 79.2 performance ratings, but only a 69.7 overall rating... This is what being manually overrated by Ned does for Cali teams... And YES it does continue to help those teams all year it just becomes less noticeable after more games are played. Its why CalPreps will always be crap, because those ratings are just ways to Overscale states Neds from/likes/names the site after.

The most troubling... Because of St. Louis being a 100.4 for some idiotic reason... Narbonne losing 47-7 gave them a performance rating of 72.4 still ... St. Louis is that high to help overscale Cali... But a 72.4 rating, for losing 47-7, is still good,enough to be ranked 11th nationally if that was Narbonnes rating.

Colquitt starting with a 60.6, has barely moved to a 61.2 after beating McEachern 41-7 and getting a 75.4 PR. 

Theres something sickening about the way CalPreps overscales California and fucks quite a few other states... And then morons like Pops will come on here quoting their rankings like they actually mean something... Only somebody that pays 0 attention, and doesnt understand math at all would even bother using it as a national ranking service.

Another year of this shit?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Youre an idiot...

Control+F... Type in Georgia.

There is a tool if you arent a moron.

The # of teams will stay BASICALLY the same because of state scaling... GA will never get back to 59 unlese he decides to put those 20 teams back in.

How many times do I have to best you before you learn I own you?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I believe that all of the polls "peek" at Cal Preps and Maxwell and this makes sense because it's the best places to find information on nearly every team. They then use the CP initial placements and sprinkle their own little adjustments on the poll. 

I suspect that if Cal Preps had a totally odd ball set of teams in the top 25 next season, we'd magically find some of those oddballs in the other polls too.

I don't understand why you guys hate on ECHS for expecting or lobbying for a better product from CP. Well, outside of a Cali agenda of course. 

If there wasn't strange anomalies and fuzzy math throughout the algorithm, I don't think there would be ECHS threads about how CP is screwing up.

/endrant

xD

I could give a shit if these guys hate on me. 

I am the reason Ned is trying to better his product. The state scaling page he created, and is trying to implement, is because of me.

I coined the term "state scaling"... You think its a coincidence he used that same exact wording? No. 

I am acting pushing for CalPreps to improve, and atleast its got him to try. So let them say whatever the hell they want... Most of em dont know their A-hole from a hole in the ground.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I could give a shit if these guys hate on me. 

I am the reason Ned is trying to better his product. The state scaling page he created, and is trying to implement, is because of me.

I coined the term "state scaling"... You think its a coincidence he used that same exact wording? No. 

I am acting pushing for CalPreps to improve, and atleast its got him to try. So let them say whatever the hell they want... Most of em dont know their A-hole from a hole in the ground.

Brother when you start sounding like Folsom guy nobody can take this post serious.If you want a better product make one yourself why depend on someone else .Golf isn’t sitting around bitching about CP he is making his own product 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

/endrant

xD

Because he isn’t lobbying he is ranting because he doesn’t like where his state is scaled.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Because he isn’t lobbying he is ranting because he doesn’t like where his state is scaled.

Maybe so. 

If the state is scaled improperly it causes an inferior product though. 

I have full belief that if the shoe was on the other foot we'd have a Cali guy or two doing the same thing as ECHS. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe so. 

If the state is scaled improperly it causes an inferior product though. 

I have full belief that if the shoe was on the other foot we'd have a Cali guy or two doing the same thing as ECHS. 

Cali doesn't have an ECHS. Even in polls where Cali is slighted, we dont really say much. We don't create our own polls and algorithms trying to discredit others. 

Hey! Look at me! Look at me!