A few observations of CalPreps' Poll

ECHS05

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ditto for you. 

STFU and steam roll that charmin tough schedule and enjoy the already inflated tanking you have. 

You are right over in othet poll's threads thrashing about like a chicken without a head over here judging this guy for a similar yet more informed type of attack on a poll. 

tenor.gif.c2228c1fc682d2489ca4109d5a7caf26.gif

The whole "crying for national rankings" is getting ridiculous. The national championship is mythical anyways. There is no playoff system for it and it is somewhat subjective. Why are you guys always pushing your GA agenda? It doesn't get you anything. If you were that good, everyone would know it, and you wouldn't have to flood this board with Ga posters to push the agenda. One of your top teams has THREE. Count em  THREE AWAY games the entire season. and other schedules are soft? Lolllllllllllll. unreal!

Let your play speak for itself. So far, it hasn't. You guys have good teams but they aren't top tier. Get over it and prove it on the field and quit whining. 

Before I got on here, I never imagined how womanish the Ga posters would be. Just calm down and worry about winning your state. That is all that truly matters. Your agenda is going no where. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The whole "crying for national rankings" is getting ridiculous. The national championship is mythical anyways. There is no playoff system for it and it is somewhat subjective. Why are you guys always pushing your GA agenda? It doesn't get you anything. If you were that good, everyone would know it, and you wouldn't have to flood this board with Ga posters to push the agenda. One of your top teams has THREE. Count em  THREE AWAY games the entire season. and other schedules are soft? Lolllllllllllll. unreal!

Let your play speak for itself. So far, it hasn't. You guys have good teams but they aren't top tier. Get over it and prove it on the field and quit whining. 

Before I got on here, I never imagined how womanish the Ga posters would be. Just calm down and worry about winning your state. That is all that truly matters. Your agenda is going no where. 

So, tell me, what else do you suggest we discuss here?

Starting the 5th year around here for me, and this is the discussion since the beginning. 

80 percent or so of the discussion between games is posturing and discussing polls and the logic behind them. 

Like it or not, that is the roots of this site and those before it. Your crying about it isn't likely to change the roots. All you're seeing is the branches. 

I assume the day we get away from our roots would be the day we lose our leaves and branches. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, tell me, what else do you suggest we discuss here?

Starting the 5th year around here for me, and this is the discussion since the beginning. 

80 percent or so of the discussion between games is posturing and discussing polls and the logic behind them. 

Like it or not, that is the roots of this site amd those before it. Your crying about it isn't likely to change the roots. All you're seeing is the branches. 

I assume the day we get away from our roots would be the day we lose our leaves and branches. 

It's fun to talk about. Dont get me wrong. No issue with it. It just seems that the GA posters are always pushing an agenda. Trying to be relevant. That's my observation. 

I would rather just see it play out on the field rather than the same 5 posters obsessing about everything GA on a majority of threads. Nothing personal. 

45 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Prime example. 

Ca posters: "we know we're relevant."

FL posters: "we know we're relevant."

TX posters: "we know we're relevant."

GA posters: "pick me pick me!"

Bullshit.

You are the prime example of pick me pick me. 

Months you sold Folsom by 17 and got a goose egg. Got shut slam out! 

Now you want to turn the tables as if you didn't do or haven't worked the same agenda. 

Georgia posters know we are relevant too. The fact that you can't really refute most of our arguments leads you to throw your hands up and say "they're crying for rankings!"

xD

• Like 4

I'd think if the rankings, especially the Cal Preps one, got better and stopped having these "anomalies" that appear to benefit west coast and hinder east coast teams, a lot of the content you apparently dislike goes away with the need for it. 

That's just me though. It may never be enough for some guys. Who knows. 

It's better than the alternatives I've seen being discussed on the other half of the board. 

I see Georgia guys watching and discussing many national games without inserting much Georgia into the threads. Actually complimenting and enjoying other states ball.

Maybe Georgia posters should just stop posting on here altogether since it's such a damned issue with folsom block hot blues guy. 

NOT! 

xD

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

A few ridiculous things I noticed about CalPreps poll...

Before Week 0, Georgia had 59 teams in the CalPreps Top 1000.... For some unknown reason they now have 38 after 1 game... Makes no sense at all.

St. Louis started with an 85.8 rating... Theyve played 2 games, receiving Performance ratings of 45.5, and 94.1 (for beating Narbonne) ... And for some reason theyve went from 85.8 to 100.4... This is human tinkering, not actual math.

Perhaps the 2nd most ridiculous thing, right after GA losing 21 Top 1000 teams after Week 0 ... Is Orange Lutheran playing a game and receiving a 33.7 performance rating, this game being a Bold game... barely beating a crap San Juan Hills... And they are still #8 nationally with a 76.4 overall rating... Wtf? This is bc they are playing Cen10, so boosting OLu boosts Cen10 win or lose.

Folsom being highly overrated to start, has helped keep them  at 11th with a 71.5 rating even after taking a 59 performance rating vs. DLS.

The funny part... Both OLu and Folsom, being from Cali, have been kept highly rated by being overrated to start... While Rome has an actual 79.2 performance ratings, but only a 69.7 overall rating... This is what being manually overrated by Ned does for Cali teams... And YES it does continue to help those teams all year it just becomes less noticeable after more games are played. Its why CalPreps will always be crap, because those ratings are just ways to Overscale states Neds from/likes/names the site after.

The most troubling... Because of St. Louis being a 100.4 for some idiotic reason... Narbonne losing 47-7 gave them a performance rating of 72.4 still ... St. Louis is that high to help overscale Cali... But a 72.4 rating, for losing 47-7, is still good,enough to be ranked 11th nationally if that was Narbonnes rating.

Colquitt starting with a 60.6, has barely moved to a 61.2 after beating McEachern 41-7 and getting a 75.4 PR. 

Theres something sickening about the way CalPreps overscales California and fucks quite a few other states... And then morons like Pops will come on here quoting their rankings like they actually mean something... Only somebody that pays 0 attention, and doesnt understand math at all would even bother using it as a national ranking service.

Calpreps gave GA the benefit of the doubt. After the first game, it was obvious they didn't belong.lol

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Block is so funny....

For a while, it was Folsom is the shit, then The Game happened. 

Now it’s Ga ain’t shit”

Gool ol Block

Same ol same ol

BGW

He clearly needs the attention of Georgia posters. 

If I was a troll like him, I'd make 15 new profiles and start dozens of Folsom claim to fame 0 and 1, put up zero on the only good team they faced threads.

Folsom got blanked! Every body point and laugh at the loser. He needs attention!

source.gif.6d55fef303bd0157a1e07d09c21e84a1.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

It doesnt matter when the date is... Its faulty. Its ridiculous you keep saying this.

Let’s talk after 10/15

its the best poll out there — imperfect, sure, but you whining about it for a decade because you think it doesn’t treat your state’s teams fairly is your issue not CP’s 

you himping Fisher now is hilarious — his poll doesn’t hold Cp’s jockstrap but is in the tank for GA (a state basically trying to mob intimidate their way to validity)