Georgia/Alabama vs dirty Yankees who wins?

HooverOutlaw

My picks

Grayson 34 Bergen 20

Hide your Georgia women  Jersey boys have never seen anything as hot as those Georgia peaches. 

Going with my heart.

Hoover 31 St John's 30 

The all star DC team  is a top 3 team nationally. But finally Hoover beats one of these recruited up schools. The trip into the heart Dixie proves to much for the DC all stars the Bucs shock the world.  Hoover comes out strong and hangs on in a 1 point win. LDT and his partner Folsom Blues hide in  a safe room.  You will hear these words over and over Ashford to Pickens.  

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

My picks

Grayson 34 Bergen 20

Hide your Georgia women  Jersey boys have never seen anything as hot as those Georgia peaches. 

Going with my heart.

Hoover 31 St John's 30 

The all star DC team  is a top 3 team nationally. But finally Hoover beats one of these recruited up schools. The trip into the heart Dixie proves to much for the DC all stars the Bucs shock the world.  Hoover comes out strong and hangs on in a 1 point win. LDT and his partner Folsom Blues hide in  a safe room.  You will hear these words over and over Ashford to Pickens.  

Lmao ur vsing St Johns lmao ur done 

all ur gonna hear is  🚑 🚨 siren        SJC By 17!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

My picks

Grayson 34 Bergen 20

Going with my heart.

Hoover 31 St John's 30 

"Shock the world"...you'll be shocked if your perennially (that means many years) top Alabama team who is ranked in the top 15 in almost all the polls wins by 1 point at home with your good ole boy refs? ...Hoover already is up 21-0... show some confidence Outlaw...seriously this is a good matchup between two good teams. I'll say SJC 24-20.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WCACguy said:

"Shock the world"...you'll be shocked if your perennially (that means many years) top Alabama team who is ranked in the top 15 in almost all the polls wins by 1 point at home with your good ole boy refs? ...Hoover already is up 21-0... show some confidence Outlaw...seriously this is a good matchup between two good teams. I'll say SJC 24-20.

No way I see Bergen game as a close one and St. John’s blows Hoover out

2 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

No way I see Bergen game as a close one and St. John’s blows Hoover out

Hope you're right but wouldn't bet on it...Hoover has some studs and are well-coached...and at home. I haven't seen Bergen or Grayson but again it's tough to travel and win.

30 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Grayson beat Hoover @ Hoover 36-14. The refs were not an issue.

Hoover is the underdog.... SJC is an all-star team.

Was just looking at the "It's trash until October" It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown poll, and it has Bergen Catholic as 74th while Grayson as 18th. 

Think that makes BC the dog. Not sure how big the spread should be either. 

Hope Grayson proves to be everything the "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" poll thinks it is. 

I have a question that you guys can take a stab at in answering. Most of the rational guys on this board have known for months that BC was somewhat of an underdog going into this game. We also I believe felt that the defenses of both teams were the strengths and that there were some ?? with regards to the potency of the offenses. Now both teams have lost their starting every down RBs, so what has changed in the equation? And secondly, for you Georgia boys, who is the replacement at rb for you guys and is he respectable?

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Grayson scored 4 tds off special teams in 2 games vs Hoover screw ups. 

Respectfully, I think Grayson had a little to do with creating a few of those "screw ups."  I guess it can depend on how you define a screw up but a blocked punt for example is more of a defensive good play than an offense screw up.  Of course that assumes the O didn't just lie down and let the D steamroller them and I don't remember that happening.

In general though, I agree that special teams on both sides made a difference in both of those games.

16 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I have a question that you guys can take a stab at in answering. Most of the rational guys on this board have known for months that BC was somewhat of an underdog going into this game. We also I believe felt that the defenses of both teams were the strengths and that there were some ?? with regards to the potency of the offenses. Now both teams have lost their starting every down RBs, so what has changed in the equation? And secondly, for you Georgia boys, who is the replacement at rb for you guys and is he respectable?

Jonathan Halyard is their backup RB... 5'9" 175lb scatback type. He may be a low level FCS type player... but definitely not at the level of Nebraska Commit Ronald Thompkins. However, Halyard is a suitable backup. 

This was Thompkins very 1st game back from an ACL injury, then he tears his other ACL. Its obviously his running style.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Jonathan Halyard is their backup RB... 5'9" 175lb scatback type. He may be a low level FCS type player... but definitely not at the level of Nebraska Commit Ronald Thompkins. However, Halyard is a suitable backup. 

This was Thompkins very 1st game back from an ACL injury, then he tears his other ACL. Its obviously his running style.

thanks. I didn't see the Grayson game Saturday but it does seem that many have moved the goalposts for Friday's game with regards to the final score and are now calling for a Grayson blowout. Are you still questioning the offense's ability to put up points and the playcalling? 

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Is this true?  That’s awful.  Kid must truly be a stud through to get a Nebraska offer off of only 2 years of underclassman film!

54 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I think it depends on who you talk to.  Me as a homer will tell you I didn't have all the concerns ECHS had.  I think we will be okay.  I couldn't tell for sure if we were really that good or if Tucker was having a really bad day.  I think it was the 4th quarter on our JV before Tucker ever got past their own 30 yard line.  Losing Ronald will hurt for sure.  We have some others out with injuries as well.  I think Jonathan will do fine.  He may not have the crushing power of Ronald but he has pushed the pile on more than one occasion.  He can get under the D and keep driving.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Why all the sudden is the BC-Grayson game not close? You NJ guys have been clamoring for years about showing GA how to play football... Nows your chance.

Yup either BC let’s JM injury effect it’s play or they rally around missing him and out together good effort. They have enough players and talent to keep gm close. Playing on road will be difference Grayson 24-20..