Trump wins again and great news for America

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

That is the biggest crock of shit I’ve ever heard.  You lose seats (and some say they could lose 2) when your population declines vis a vis the rest of the country.  Pure and simple.

No, it's proportional based on a fixed number of 435.

California is projected to lose one or remain the same.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/potential-shifts-political-power-after-2020-census

I haven't seen a single solitary projection for them to lose two seats. I do know some states that are going to lose seats but you don't want to touch them because it doesn't jive with your narrative.

California is estimated to have grown slightly more than the nation as a whole. So that alone debunks your claim.

I have a life to go live, unlike Andy,

So let's review before I head out:

California's population is ranked #29 in the country and has actually seen DECLINE recently.

Amongst established US residents, there is a net OUTFLOW from California to other states.

There are also large migrations of businesses from California, included some huge tech companies and multinationals.

I've documented all this ad nauseum in earlier posts.

But let's not forget!

https://internationalbanker.com/finance/the-state-of-californias-economy/

But compared to 2018, California’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth has markedly slowed. For last year’s third quarter, the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) recorded California’s GDP growth at just 2.1 percent, less than half of the 4.3 percent posted for 2018 and just over half of Texas’s quarter-three growth rate of 4.0 percent.

California is hampered by distinct challenges, most pressing being the shocking income inequality that has developed in recent years. Despite the spectacular income growth California has experienced, homelessness and poverty have also grown rapidly. Indeed, California has the nation’s worst poverty rate, with nearly 40 percent of its residents rated as either poor or “near-poor” by the Census Bureau and the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC). As such, the state ended up being ranked a lowly 47th in terms of median annual household income in a study conducted last July by personal financial-services website WalletHub.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, it's proportional based on a fixed number of 435.

California is projected to lose one or remain the same.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/potential-shifts-political-power-after-2020-census

I haven't seen a single solitary projection for them to lose two seats. I do know some states that are going to lose seats but you don't want to touch them because it doesn't jive with your narrative.

California is estimated to have grown slightly more than the nation as a whole. So that alone debunks your claim.

If they had gained vs the nation, they would not lose a seat.  Apparently math is not on the curriculum in South Florida.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bormio said:

If they had gained vs the nation, they would not lose a seat.  Apparently math is not on the curriculum in South Florida.

They're actually projected to lose one or remain the same.

If the estimates of population are correct they would remain the exact same since their growth rate was slightly above the nation.

You're almost as comically clueless on politics as you are on medicine.

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They're actually projected to lose one or remain the same.

If the estimates of population are correct they would remain the exact same since their growth rate was slightly above the nation.

You're almost as comically clueless on politics as you are on medicine.

Election expert Douglas Johnson, from Claremont McKenna College in California shows California holding on to the 2nd seat by 3300 persons.  A slight undercount in the Census could cost them that.  So staying the same appears off the table.

of course, you don’t know much about Florida politics, so knowing about California is out of your realm.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Election expert Douglas Johnson, from Claremont McKenna College in California shows California holding on to the 2nd seat by 3300 persons.  A slight undercount in the Census could cost them that.  So staying the same appears off the table.

You mean according to the nonexistent link that you provided?

So even your invisible "expert" projects one lost seat. And all the other ones that actually have links project one or none.

👍

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

You mean according to the nonexistent link that you provided?

So even your invisible "expert" projects one lost seat. And all the other ones that actually have links project one or none.

👍

Losing one seat means, by definition, they have not grown as fast as the rest of the country

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Losing one seat means, by definition, they have not grown as fast as the rest of the country

You are a dunce.

Michigan's population declined in the 2010 Census. They lost one seat. New York's population increased. They lost two seats.

It's proportional based on total population in regards to a fixed number of 435 seats.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You are a dunce.

Michigan's population declined in the 2010 Census. They lost one seat. New York's population increased. They lost two seats.

It's proportional based on total population in regards to a fixed number of 435 seats.

No, you are the dunce.  California can gain population and lose a seat.  But it cannot gain faster than the rest of the country and lose a seat.  Impossible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

You lied about California's population declining and their economy suffering.

That about cover it?

Andy, you just can't help being a douche.

I pointed out a decline in a certain timeframe and backed it up.

You know it.

Anyone reading this thread knows it.

Andy argumentation:

I say "Ohio State has one a national title in football"

Andy says "Not between the 2015 and 2019 seasons. You are a liar!!!"

He's a complete asshat. 🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, concha said:

I pointed out a decline in a certain timeframe and backed it up.

Again, I already pointed out the dishonest cherry-pick. You don't have to keep mentioning it.

And then I posted an excerpt from one your own sources that pointed out the meaningless and misleading nature of your claim.

👇

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

But Doug Kuczynski of the department's Demographic Research Unit said the two numbers aren't directly comparable because of various adjustments and because each figure represents a point in time. By the department's reckoning, California added about 87,500 residents during the last full calendar year, comparing January-to-January figures.

You couldn't have used any other time frame to perpetuate your lies. California added residents every single calendar year of the last decade.

You ooze dishonesty.

37 minutes ago, Bormio said:

No, you are the dunce.  California can gain population and lose a seat.  But it cannot gain faster than the rest of the country and lose a seat.  Impossible.

You keep showing more and more incompetence with every post.

California can edge out the national rate and still lose a seat if their total population proportional to 435 seats dictates it.

A seat can't be halved. Somebody has to gain and somebody has to lose.