Packers 41 Demons 14 Final

Rufus69

My poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs are traveling up to play the UNBEATEN Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons.  The Demons are averaging over 40 points per game and have beaten some fairly stout teams.  Add to that...they're playing at home in the Mac.  Rush says we got a chance...but some think he's being overly optimistic.  The Fromm brothers (Jake's younger siblings) may be too much for our Blackhats to handle.  Suffice it to say...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Maybe...just maybe...we can adapt...we can overcome...and we can persevere.  I know that sounds crazy but sometimes ya gotta have faith.

So let's try to keep everybody healthy this week at practice.  I'm counting on HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER to get the job done.

The leaves...they are a changin....

Rufus>>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Life happens and I wont be able to make the trek to WR this week. Ill be watching from the house on NFHS. Hopefully i will be able to make the Grayson trip though

Ill do my best to take your spot and make some noise in your sted. But Im going to need you to make some noise for me at Grayson... and maybe let me borrow your NFHS login :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

My poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs are traveling up to play the UNBEATEN Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons.  The Demons are averaging over 40 points per game and have beaten some fairly stout teams.  Add to that...they're playing at home in the Mac.  Rush says we got a chance...but some think he's being overly optimistic.  The Fromm brothers (Jake's younger siblings) may be too much for our Blackhats to handle.  Suffice it to say...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Maybe...just maybe...we can adapt...we can overcome...and we can persevere.  I know that sounds crazy but sometimes ya gotta have faith.

So let's try to keep everybody healthy this week at practice.  I'm counting on HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER to get the job done.

The leaves...they are a changin....

Rufus>>

Lmao 😂 watchu talking about Stout ...

Locust Grove and Baldwin Braves have a combined 1-7 record lmao

let the sandBagging Begin 

@Sammyswordsman

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm a definite for the Show Down in War Town. 

It's the Grayson trek that has me nervous on not being able to make the trip. I think I can find a way to work it out, but, truly don't know at this point. 

I'm low key excited to see how we handle this Fromm kid. He's been putting up the numbers early. 

I think Mo and Company will have a good scheme put together for the Fromm's. The Demon's will have to run the ball on us to have success. Idk if they will be able to do that honestly.

I would like to see a better effort from our offense this Friday starting at the opening kickoff. We did not look very sharp in our execution against Valdosta. I'm sure that will be addressed this week though.

Another point of emphasis should be coaching Jaycee up on his QB reads. He seems to be afraid to keep the hand off and run. Several times this year he has missed opportunities to gain big yardage; defenses are selling out on the RBs, leaving him with an open field to run all day. Those little things are what we will need him to do well if we want to win games later on in the year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think Mo and Company will have a good scheme put together for the Fromm's. The Demon's will have to run the ball on us to have success. Idk if they will be able to do that honestly.

I would like to see a better effort from our offense this Friday starting at the opening kickoff. We did not look very sharp in our execution against Valdosta. I'm sure that will be addressed this week though.

Another point of emphasis should be coaching Jaycee up on his QB reads. He seems to be afraid to keep the hand off and run. Several times this year he has missed opportunities to gain big yardage; defenses are selling out on the RBs, leaving him with an open field to run all day. Those little things are what we will need him to do well if we want to win games later on in the year.

I think that Valdosta had us schemed out well early on. That initial pass drop in the end zone on the second offensive play of the game for the pack would have been a back breaker for the Cats imo. 

That drop kinda set the tone for the first quarter and got the Cat D fired up. They knew we were gonna try to run and they played to stop it. Seemed like we were maybe in a scripted mode and didn't adjust out of that stale offense until the script played out. I don't think we respected Rodemaker and the Cat pass early on either, and that made the defense look a bit out of sorts also. Once that adjustment was made also, everything changed. 

After that though, there was no doubt what was going to happen. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that Valdosta had us schemed out well early on. That initial pass drop in the end zone on the second offensove play of the game for the pack would have been a back breaker for the Cats imo. 

That drop kinda set the tone for the first quarter and got the Cat D fired up. They knew we were gonna try to run and they played to stop it. Seemed like we were maybe in a scripted mode and didn't adjust out of that stale offense until the script played out. I don't think we respected Rodemaker and the Cat pass early on either, and that made the defense look a bit out of sorts also. Once that adjustment was made also, everything changed. 

I agree 100%. Couple the adjustments with the Cat's adrenaline running low after 16 minutes and the rout was on.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that Valdosta had us schemed out well early on. That initial pass drop in the end zone on the second offensive play of the game for the pack would have been a back breaker for the Cats imo. 

I've noticed that Mo doesn't blitz a lot in the first half of a game.  I guess he's figuring out their blocking schemes or perhaps he's just setting them up for what's to come.  We definitely send some guys in the 2nd half.  I'm not sure if the Demon O-Line can handle Colquitt's front 7.  They might for a while...but our multi-group rotations will more than likely wear them down.

But make no mistake...the Fromm kid can chunk it...and he has a group that can catch it.  Our secondary will have their hands full.  It will also be interesting to see if they can stop our law firms....Edwards & Leggett...and...Spradley & Ponder.  If we actually can come out with a bit more FOCUS early on....I truly like our chances up in the Mac.  If we don't...it could get interesting.  The Demons CAN score.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I sometimes wonder if they tell him not to keep it the first few games to lull future teams into a false sense of security. Dont put him keeping it on tape so Grayson doesnt practice for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron169 said:

I sometimes wonder if they tell him not to keep it the first few games to lull future teams into a false sense of security. Dont put him keeping it on tape so Grayson doesnt practice for it.

Any half decent team is going to prepare for him to keep it.

With that being said, Grayson's coaching has proven to be suspect.

2 minutes ago, ron169 said:

I've been looking for the zone read every game so far.  I've only seen it once.  Chase used to make opponent's DCs cry with it.  I figure it will come cause Jaycee can scamper.  

Rufus>>

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I've been looking for the zone read every game so far.  I've only seen it once.  Chase used to make opponent's DCs cry with it.  I figure it will come cause Jaycee can scamper.  

Rufus>>

We've shown it several times. Jaycee just hasn't kept the ball. At least twice in the Valdosta game, Jaycee would have picked up big yardage and both resulted in lost yardage for the RB if I remember correctly.

I certainly agree with the takes everyone is having on the Pack and their chances Friday night. 

Personally, I think our offensive looks are intentional. The zone read options not being kept and etc., are probably intentional at this early stage in order to keep Jaycee healthy for region play when it matters the most. I like to think our coaches are smart like that. It could just be unintentional though. It could be as has been suggested and Jaycee is just missing the read or whatever. 

I certainly love the fact that he has hit 9 different receivers twice this season already. That makes it super tough on opposing defenses. He can and will throw to any receiver on the field at any time. Good luck trying to game plan for just a few guys. Gonna have to come planning for at least 9. Good luck with all that. 

Our weakness, the only one I've seen so far: punting. Lately the punting side of our All-American is a little off. Not sure if the rush is scaring him a little or if, as a few of the people I converse with are thinking, the indoor facility has affected his kicking. Idk. Seems kind of plausible, but, I don't really think that's it.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I certainly agree with the takes everyone is having on the Pack and their chances Friday night. 

Personally, I think our offensive looks are intentional. The zone read options not being kept and etc., are probably intentional at this early stage on order to keep Jaycee healthy for region play when it matters the most. I like to think our coaches are smart like that. It could just be unintentional though. It could be as has been suggested and Jaycee is just missing the read or whatever. 

I certainly love the fact that he has hit 9 different receivers twice this season already. That makes it super tough on opposing defenses. He can and will throw to any receiver on the field at any time. Good luck trying to game plan for just a few guys. Gonna have to come planning for at least 9. Good luck with all that. 

Our weakness, the only one I've seen so far: punting. Lately the punting side of our All-American is a little off. Not sure if the rush is scaring him a little or if, as a few of the people I converse with are thinking, the indoor facility has affected his kicking. Idk. Seems kind of plausible, but, I don't really think that's it.

A couple of points...

1.  I STILL have an issue with our Blackhats (or some of them) trying to "blow people up" .....instead of just wrapping them up and making the tackle.  Valdosta got a couple or so LONG runs because of that Friday night.

2.  We're gonna get a punt blocked if we're not real careful.  We're missing some people coming in and our punter is taking too much time.  I think we should work on that.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

A couple of points...

1.  I STILL have an issue with our Blackhats (or some of them) trying to "blow people up" .....instead of just wrapping them up and making the tackle.  Valdosta got a couple or so LONG runs because of that Friday night.

2.  We're gonna get a punt blocked if we're not real careful.  We're missing some people coming in and our punter is taking too much time.  I think we should work on that.

Rufus>>

I saw a stat of 23 missed tackles. Definitely needs to be and probably is a point of emphasis this week. 

Our defenses have done some of that historically. I used to get pretty upset at watching our guys try to strip the ball rather than make the tackle back in 2014 and 15 too. At the end of the day, we survived a nail biter or two due to that imo. The Milton game and the South Forsyth games come to mind firstly from those years. We did get some key turnovers like that as well. Idk.

Idk if going for the legs or direct tackling would have made a difference or not, but, I certainly thought so at the time. Kinda like you're thinking right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I've noticed that Mo doesn't blitz a lot in the first half of a game.  I guess he's figuring out their blocking schemes or perhaps he's just setting them up for what's to come.  We definitely send some guys in the 2nd half.  I'm not sure if the Demon O-Line can handle Colquitt's front 7.  They might for a while...but our multi-group rotations will more than likely wear them down.

But make no mistake...the Fromm kid can chunk it...and he has a group that can catch it.  Our secondary will have their hands full.  It will also be interesting to see if they can stop our law firms....Edwards & Leggett...and...Spradley & Ponder.  If we actually can come out with a bit more FOCUS early on....I truly like our chances up in the Mac.  If we don't...it could get interesting.  The Demons CAN score.

Rufus>>

Don't forget we have two guys now... Co-DC's as it were, I think Rush called them. Coaches Kent and Dixon.

I only say that because I like Mo a lot, and he shouldn't shoulder the blame totally on things. I like Coach Kent too actually.

Whatever we have going on there with those two guys is either working, or, we are so deep and talented on defense that we can't really fuck it up. Either or, with the talent we have right now, the coaches are all looking pretty good most of the time.

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This is definitely the game of the week in Georgia. Hopefully my guys can send Colquitt back to moultrie with an L. I really do think that this game will be a shootout tho. 

I think Colquitt shuts them down for the most part. Nobody has scored three tds on Colquitt yet, and I don't think Warner Robins breaks 3. I hope they don't score 2 either, but, I'm willing to give Fromm some credit. 

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Colquitt shuts them down for the most part. Nobody has scored three tds on Colquitt yet, and I don't think Warner Robins breaks 3. I hope they don't score 2 either, but, I'm willing to give Fromm some credit. 

This is the best offense colquitt will see (in terms of scheme not pure talent), so don't be surprised if my guys drop the points on colquitt's defense. If colquitt plays how they been playing on defense lately, then uhhh..... it might be a long night for my guys lol. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

WR passed for over 400 yards against Tift and 3 TDs. I don't see that happening Friday night. Their running game isn't strong enough to force Colquitt to stack the box.

WR is a big play offense. I think we will try to rush 4 or 5 and cover over the top to prevent the big play. That would be my game plan at least.

I think the coaches will be content letting them move the ball from 20 to 20 and see if they can man up in the red zone.

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

This is the best offense colquitt will see (in terms of scheme not pure talent), so don't be surprised if my guys drop the points on colquitt's defense. If colquitt plays how they been playing on defense lately, then uhhh..... it might be a long night for my guys lol. 

No doubt about it. Add in that Rush hasn't done well at the Mac in the past, and their could be some weird curse or something going on. 

I'm going with, curse broken, along with the Demons that are evil. At least if I'm betting on the game that is.