Packers 41 Demons 14 Final

Rufus69

I was looking at some all-time state records and Packer records etc. earlier... I noticed that Baby Lou holds the all-time Packer record for field goals in his career at 34. Ryan currently has 29. 

5 more to tie. I totally think that he's going to break that all-time Packers record. 

That record is also 4th on the all-time state list.

35 total is held by Chris Ray of Lovejoy from 94-97. 

Ryan could totally get that one too. 

Don't get me wrong, I totally hope we don't need to kick field goals at all, but, it would be cool to see the kid get a couple of those spots. The top two are 46 and 41 respectively. Probably out of reach. 3rd is a realistic possibility though. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt about it. Add in that Rush hasn't done well at the Mac in the past, and their could be some weird curse or something going on. 

I'm going with, curse broken, along with the Demons that are evil. At least if I'm betting on the game that is. 

Should definitely be a good game tho. Even if my guys don't win, I feel like this game will help them out in the long run. 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was looking at some all-time state records and Packer records etc. earlier... I noticed that Baby Lou holds the all-time Packer record for field goals in his career at 34. Ryan currently has 29. 

5 more to tie. I totally think that he's going to break that all-time Packers record. 

Don't get me wrong, I totally hope we don't need to kick field goals at all, but, it would be cool to see the kid get a couple of those spots. The top two are 46 and 41 respectively. Probably out of reach. 3rd is a realistic possibility though. 

Off the subject...but....Rab is making friends and influencing people (to hate him) over on the Georgia boards....LOL.

There's a LOT of posters who would pay you a stipend...to bring him back !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Off the subject...but....Rab is making friends and influencing people (to hate him) over on the Georgia boards....LOL.

There's a LOT of posters who would pay you a stipend...to bring him back !!!!

Rufus>>

Hus ban was automatically over the Friday before the Thomasville game at 5:45 or something like that I think. 

He's obviously on a self imposed hiatus again. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, there is always a price to pay. 

This one, I am glad to pay. I'll even pay interest compounded daily at 75%. 

🤣

LOL...

Again...off the subject...but how about some of the Georgia games Friday night?

Walton and North Gwinnett

Milton and Roswell

Parkview and Tift

Archer and Norcross

Colquitt and The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

Marietta and Bye

That' in itself...is a pretty stout lineup.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

LOL...

Milton and Roswell

Parkview and Tift

Archer and Norcross

Marietta and Bye

Rufus>>

Roswell is flying under the radar. Watch out for them! 

• Like 1

The AJC actually has Roswell ahead of Milton this morning. 

I haven't seen Roswell yet this year so I can't really say anything about them. 

I can say. I aint skeert. 

Just saw where Valdosta's game for this week got cancelled because Beaufort SC is under evacuation for the hurricanado. 

That means that Footballguy can travel to Warner Robins to see what it do Friday night. 

13 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

LOL...

Milton and Roswell

Parkview and Tift

Archer and Norcross

Marietta and Bye

Rufus>>

I'll take...

North Gwinnett

Roswell

Tift

Archer

Colquitt 

Marietta... in a close and hard fought offensive shootout with Bye.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just saw where Valdosta's game for this week got cancelled because Beaufort SC is under evacuation for the hurricanado. 

That means that Footballguy can travel to Warner Robins to see what it do Friday night. 

I actually live in Warner Robins, chief.....lol. Unfortunately, I'm in Vegas right now, but I WiLL be watching the game via NFHSNETWORK. 

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of that will be determined by if Rush is willing to "settle" for 3 instead of going for 7.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fred said:

A lot of that will be determined by if Rush is willing to "settle" for 3 instead of going for 7.

Well, he has shown this year so far, that, if we make the opponent's 45 yard line, and stall, he will definitely trot Ryan out there for an attempt. 

Of course, this far, we haven't stalled often this season so far.

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, he has shown this year so far, that, if we make the opponent's 45 yard line, and stall, he will definitely trot Ryan out there for an attempt. 

Of course, this far, we haven't stalled often this season so far.

Fitzy is showing out so far.

He has kicked off 30 times with 28 touchbacks. One of those was strategically placed on the 1 yard intentionally. The other was his only "mistake" and reached the half yard line.

Ryan has been perfect on XPs and FGs as well. If I remember correctly, his shortest attempt has been 44 yds, and the longest 55 yds. The other two FGs were from 51 and 53 yards.

Little Donny from NJ actually thinks SJR has a better kicker than Fitzy.

Now thats some Fizzle GSB can sell!

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Now yer talkin’ ...

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, Rufus69 said:

My poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs are traveling up to play the UNBEATEN Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons.  The Demons are averaging over 40 points per game and have beaten some fairly stout teams.  Add to that...they're playing at home in the Mac.  Rush says we got a chance...but some think he's being overly optimistic.  The Fromm brothers (Jake's younger siblings) may be too much for our Blackhats to handle.  Suffice it to say...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Maybe...just maybe...we can adapt...we can overcome...and we can persevere.  I know that sounds crazy but sometimes ya gotta have faith.

So let's try to keep everybody healthy this week at practice.  I'm counting on HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER to get the job done.

The leaves...they are a changin....

Rufus>>

There's not very many times I would go against one of them "below the ggggggggggg-nat line" South GA public school football teams in a big game like this one but those Damned Demons might be the ones that interject some Middle GA "shock and awe" on some Hawgs Friday nite.  

Demons 22  Hawgs 21  

I did hear that Sony's is havin an all-you-can-eat ribs deal on Saturday on Russell Parkway in Warner Robins; coincidence???

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

There's not very many times I would go against one of them "below the ggggggggggg-nat line" South GA public school football teams in a big game like this one but those Damned Demons might be the ones that interject some Middle GA "shock and awe" on some Hawgs Friday nite.  

Demons 22  Hawgs 21  

I did hear that Sony's is havin an all-you-can-eat ribs deal on Saturday on Russell Parkway in Warner Robins; coincidence???

I initially thought that this would be a high scoring affair, but after some thought, I think this will be a low scoring affair. For some reason, whenever two teams play and they have high powered offenses, they usually "x" each other out, meaning that they won't score that many points AND the defenses usually play better in big games like this. With that being said, your score prediction sounds about right, but it could go either way. 

New article out in the Moultrie Observer got me to thinking about the fact that our game against Warner Robins will feature twins vs. twins.

The Fromm brothers, for the Demons, are QB and receiver duo, and the Louis brothers, for the Packers, are dogs and rovers on defense. 

Pretty cool story line right here now that I think about it. 

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/news/ga_fl_news/colquitt-county-s-louis-twins-dog-opposing-offenses/article_77b19dfa-b6e3-11e8-9cfb-879b421c42fc.html

Colquitt County’s Louis twins ‘dog’ opposing offenses

• By Matthew Brown
  •  
    • 11 min ago
    •  
      •  

MOULTRIE – Are they strong safeties or outside linebackers? Yes.

Though they don’t look alike – not even the same size – are they twin brothers? Yes again.

They also have well-known nicknames, well known enough to be a part of the Colquitt County High football roster.

Meet Camari Louis. Who? Juicy. Oh, sure, I know him.

Meet his brother Samari Louis. Who? Smoke. Of course, know him too.

For the Packers and head coach Rush Propst, these brothers play the ‘dog’ and ‘rover’ positions on a defense that so far in 2018 is allowing less than 10 points per game (37 in four games). Colquitt has the highly sought after cornerbacks, the quality linebackers and monstrous defensive ends on that side of the football. So what do these brothers bring to the unit?

“It’s like a strong safety nickel position,” said Camari about the ‘dog’ that he portrays on weekends from August to December. “You come down in the box sometimes. Sometimes you’ll be high like a free safety.”

“The ‘rover’ is like an extra outside linebacker,” said Samari.

About the nicknames, these are labels the brothers received from childhood, infancy really. It has nothing to do with chewing gum, citrus fruits, cooking hams and turkeys or that really bad habit.

“As a baby, I was chubby,” said Juicy.

“They called me that because I was real dark,” said Smoke. “It was crazy, but I was real dark. They just started calling me ‘Smoke.’ Everybody, even the teachers, ‘Smoke.’ That’s my name.”

“We’re very different,” said Juicy, who is listed at 5-9 while Smoke is 6 feet tall. “He’s dark; I’m light. I got the brains. He’s the lazy one.”

All said in good humor, though it may not be funny for Warner Robins High, Colquitt County’s road opponent Friday in a battle of unbeatens from different GHSA classifications. It will be up to the brothers and the other nine on the field to limit a Demon passing attack that averages 357 yards per game.

Juicy, in four games, already equaled his tackles for a loss number from 2017, when he played in all 15 games for the Class 7A runner-up. He has three TFL, 19 total. Last season Juicy was credited with 92 total tackles.

Smoke has 10 total tackles in 2018. He only played in nine games last year but came up with five quarterback sacks, seven TFL, 11 hurries and even forced a fumble.

The highlight moment for the brothers in the 4-0 Packer start comes from Juicy. On the first play run by Thomasville High inside a packed Mack Tharpe Stadium on Aug. 31, he got to the quarterback after a bad snap, brought him down in the end zone, and put the first two of what would be 50 points up for Colquitt.

“Our linebacker Marcus (Anderson) checked a blitz for me,” said Juicy. “We weren’t supposed to run it, but he checked it. I just went off the edge and saw him fumble the ball and hit him in the backfield. That was a good feeling.”

“He’s a good football player,” said Smoke about his brother, and echoing the twin’s sentiments about his skills. “Juicy’s really alert to all the checks on the field. He knows everything. He’ll be on this side and he’ll scream to my side. He’ll get everything right. He’s a captain on the defense and lets everyone know what’s going on before the play starts.”

Anytime Smoke can get a sack, that’s his favorite moment in football. Why doesn’t he have one this, his senior season? He blames that on the quarterbacks getting rid of the football before he can wrap them up.

“We do everything together,” said Juicy about their brotherhood. And there is one other in the family who played for the Packers. That is lineman Nelson Louis, a college football player at Tusculum University in Greenville, Tenn. They certainly look up to him as a role model setting the right example.

“We talk to him every day,” said Smoke.

“It feels good being No. 1,” said Juicy about Colquitt’s position in the polls. “Being ranked nationally. It feels good being a Packer. Being on a great team. Grew up with these players since elementary (school).”

But these twins were freshmen the last time the Packers won the state title and were ever so close to getting the rings last year. They said the goal is to get it all, state and national titles, as seniors.

In recruiting, Juicy said Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State, Alabama A&M and Samford are interested, but there are no firm offers yet. Smoke said he has been offered by Faulkner and has received interest from Samford.

“We’re trying to stay together,” they said, adding that it’s the family that really wants them on the same roster so they won’t have to ride in different directions to games.