Live Stream: Colquitt Co. 26, Grayson 14 - Final

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That could be pretty close at this point. 

Idk. 

It's honestly pretty tough to compare teams that haven't played due to style and match ups, etc.

I wouldn't put many teams ahead of Colquitt right now. I know that much. Turns out, the polls and computers agree with me. 

I think if BC played Grayson again, even at their house, they may lose. They won though, so, I wouldn't personally have Grayson ahead of them, but, I'm a biased human. 

Just because SPP beat BC, doesn't mean they would beat Grayson though. 

It get's squirrelly trying to rank those three. They are at least where they belong in the grand scheme...Behind Colquitt.

Thanks for the honest considered reply. I need to change my avatar though to be in step with the environment here. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Thanks for the honest considered reply. I need to change my avatar though to be in step with the environment here. 

Ha. 

Let's make a deal. 

You get real. Put your real pic of yourself for your avatar, and I'll do the same. 

We can be Rufus groupies. 

He's the only guy on here with enough balls to talk from behind his real face. 

As long as we don't say stuff that we should be ashamed of, that shouldn't be a problem for us. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sure. I know this all to be true. During a live game, nobody has won or lost yet. Jersey wasn't playing in the game in question, yet there we were, trying to sift through whether Jersey was better than either team during the first quarter.

Who was? I did not read that. 

Clearly NJ was better though. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ha. 

Let's make a deal. 

You get real. Put your real pic of yourself for your avatar, and I'll do the same. 

We can be Rufus groupies. 

He's the only guy on here with enough balls to talk from behind his real face. 

As long as we don't say stuff that we should be ashamed of, that shouldn't be a problem for us. 

I have never understood why the internet grew up in alias. 

We should all be using real names and pics. As we don't, I wont. However I'll be glad to PM you. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I just went back and caught up, he was right! 

Right or wrong, he looked childishly foolish interjecting his viewpoint and/or attempt at humor. Stale material...very elementary. And in the wrong thread.

As was pointed out, there was a good thread for that level of commentary called the Fudgepacker thread, or something equally as juvenile. I'm sure GSB would have gotten plenty of "likes" in that thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Right or wrong, he looked childishly foolish interjecting his viewpoint and/or attempt at humor. Stale material...very elementary. And in the wrong thread.

As was pointed out, there was a good thread for that level of commentary called the Fudgepacker thread, or something equally as juvenile. I'm sure GSB would have gotten plenty of "likes" in that thread.

With all respect, the only reason I came back was to gloat over the BC win as they had no business even taking the game (if the hype about GA and Grayson were true)  so a jab in a live game thread seems fair to me. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect, the only reason I came back was to gloat over the BC win as they had no business even taking the game (if the hype about GA and Grayson were true)  so a jab in a live game thread seems fair to me. :)

And this behavior has proven plenty of times over the years to create a bunch of crap during a game that takes away from the game itself. With all respect, as well, I prefer not having to sift through the same old gloating and jabbing that is used to pump up teams not even playing in the game we have chosen to follow.

• Thanks 1

That Grayson team is such an embarrassment... how you gonna have one the most athletic teams in country, and don’t know how to play as a team... QB does not belong on the field, why hasn’t the coach put in his 4 star QB wtf

Shame on the team and coaches

kid throws a crucial img in redzone and walks to the sideline and just sits on the bench with his head down, and not one player or coach went up to him to correct his mistakes or even cheer him up, absolutely no communication 

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

That Grayson team is such an embarrassment... how you gonna have one the most athletic teams in country, and don’t know how to play as a team... QB does not belong on the field, why hasn’t the coach put in his 4 star QB wtf

Shame on the team and coaches

kid throws a crucial img in redzone and walks to the sideline and just sits on the bench with his head down, and not one player or coach went up to him to correct his mistakes or even cheer him up, absolutely no communication 

Apparently Colquitt is a national top 10 team.... even though they had a much rougher time with Grayson than did BC who is not top 45 team...and SPP, the team that spanked BC is not as good as Grayson! 

Just scroll to the top of the page to see the "DJ" wannabe advance this theory. Pumpkin too. 

I gotta think Toaster will do the same when he appears. Wild, right? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Apparently Colquitt is a national top 10 team.... even though they had a much rougher time with Grayson than did BC who is not top 45 team...and SPP, the team that spanked BC is not as good as Grayson! 

Just scroll to the top of the page to see the "DJ" wannabe advance this theory. Pumpkin too. 

I gotta think Toaster will do the same when he appears. Wild, right? 

Colquitt beat BC without any "gimme" TDs..

You claim to have been at this a while, but still dont grasp matchups...

Yeah Grayson actually had an easier time with Marietta than did GC considering they were up 29-0 at the half. 

Well since we are doing the comparing thing again...

SJP 34, SPP 27

SJP 34, Good Counsel 27

Good Counsel 40, Marietta 28 (ending with Marietta inside GCs 5)

That makes 1-3 Marietta 12 points worse than SPP... But 15 points better than BC bc BC lost to SPP 34-7.

But yet... Grayson beat Marietta by 7 ... And Colquitt beat Grayson by 12...

So Colquitt is 34 points better than Bergen Catholic...

Pretty clear now that I explained it huh... Because comparing scored from distant 3rd-way games usually tells us a lot.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the t.v. version of the game yet. Having said that, I did see the live version. 

Normal football mistakes and whatever aside... Grayson's real problem is either, depth, conditioning or both. Especially on the lines.  Their players were sucking wind by the end of the second quarter. I'm thinking maybe the players screwed up walking out to protest "tough" practices. They're losing to Colquitt right there. If we played 10 times, Colquitt wins 9 or all 10 straight on conditioning.

The qb appeared to start having an attitude with his teammates at the end when he was getting hurried by the Colquitt defense, so team chemistry could also be an issue. The problem wasn't that they weren't big, or talented. The problem was they can't go for four quarters with someone who is conditioned to play four quarters. 

Grayson lite. 

Coach Cutt should have left the starters behind and lost every game with the JV, since his seat is on fire anyway. 

Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I haven't seen the t.v. version of the game yet. Having said that, I did see the live version. 

Normal football mistakes and whatever aside... Grayson's real problem is either, depth, conditioning or both. Especially on the lines.  Their players were sucking wind by the end of the second quarter. I'm thinking maybe the players screwed up walking out to protest "tough" practices. They're losing to Colquitt right there. If we played 10 times, Colquitt wins 9 or all 10 straight on conditioning.

The qb appeared to start having an attitude with his teammates at the end when he was getting hurried by the Colquitt defense, so team chemistry could also be an issue. The problem wasn't that they weren't big, or talented. The problem was they can't go for four quarters with someone who is conditioned to play four quarters. 

Grayson lite. 

Coach Cutt should have left the starters behind and lost every game with the JV, since his seat is on fire anyway. 

Just my opinion.

Grayson showed little "fight" in both the BC and the Colquitt games. In the 2nd half last night, when Colquitt came out taking it to them, the Grayson offense would huddle on the sideline before going out for a possession, and 5 guys were listening to the coach while 6 others were not engaged. Then all 11 walked out onto the field. No enthusiasm, like they just wanted to go home to their rooms and read their letters from college coaches. And their defense didn't act much differently.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Colquitt is pretty clearly 2-3 TDs better than BC... Or SPP for that matter. Grayson is just that kind of team to lose stupid mistakes because they lack real coaching... And an offensive identity

What can I say. 

I swear Opies, I laugh so much,so hard at you.

I guess the actual games don't matter in your mind... It's all in the spin that counts.

God Bless little one. 

Santa will be along soon. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I only read this one line so far and I am rolling in laughter. No joke, just chuckling and chuckling. 

I need to send you some kind of thank you present. With all the challenges I am facing you always bring a smile to my face. 

Tell me the one about how I cheated on the NCAA Tournament Challenge again....  because I did not pick enough losers...

Words cannot convey. 

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You claim to have been at this a while, but still dont grasp matchups...

Yeah Grayson actually had an easier time with Marietta than did GC considering they were up 29-0 at the half. 

Well since we are doing the comparing thing again...

SJP 34, SPP 27

SJP 34, Good Counsel 27

Good Counsel 40, Marietta 28 (ending with Marietta inside GCs 5)

That makes 1-3 Marietta 12 points worse than SPP... But 15 points better than BC bc BC lost to SPP 34-7.

But yet... Grayson beat Marietta by 7 ... And Colquitt beat Grayson by 12...

So Colquitt is 34 points better than Bergen Catholic...

Pretty clear now that I explained it huh... Because comparing scored from distant 3rd-way games usually tells us a lot.

Moderators!!!!!!

At times I need to give more than one like, laugh at a post. This is one of those times!!!!

Can I get extra likes for one single post?

If Pumpkin keeps posting, I am gonna need them!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

You do have a way with words that needs be admired but as to your football savvy... 

Question

Ranked this 4 teams. 

BC, SPP, Grayson , Colquitt among each other (1-4) then tell me where they roughly fit nationally. 

15-35, 25-50, 35-75, none top 100..... 

"nooner"....just my opine...BUT...

1.  SPP......I'm guessing around No.25

2.  BC....I'm guessing around No. 50

3.  Grayson...I'm guessing No.66

4.  Colquitt....I'm guessing No.67

These teams are Top 100...but no where near ELITE like the Cali teams.  Or the Florida teams.  Or the Ohio teams.

It is what it is...

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

"nooner"....just my opine...BUT...

1.  SPP......I'm guessing around No.25

2.  BC....I'm guessing around No. 50

3.  Grayson...I'm guessing No.66

4.  Colquitt....I'm guessing No.67

These teams are Top 100...but no where near ELITE like the Cali teams.  Or the Florida teams.  Or the Ohio teams.

It is what it is...

Rufus>>

Come on dude, be honest. I'll do the same. For good or bad we learn about others like this. 

17 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Amigo...I'm giving to ya straight.  You think differently?

Rufus>>

>:(

I get it's part of your persona to underplay Colquitt in your cleaver prose but if you don't want to rank this, just say so.

I'll go first if it helps. 

Not sure how anyone cannot rank SPP first in this group of four if you go by he numbers. And the numbers are what the game is about. Yes, this that and the other hing affect the numbers and could or even would likely changes things next time but numbers are numbers and you have to respect them or why play the games and keep score? 

Second I'd have to put BC simply because they ended the game in the third. Colquitt did not ebnd the game till half way through the 4th. 

Obviously  Colquiitt 3 and Grayson 4th. 

Nationally is a different animal as these teams played other teams and showed us other stuff. Other numbers. I would not put any in the top 20... I'd put SPP and Colquitt around 25. A bit generous I admit but I am a Jersey homer and I do think Rush is a great coach. 

BC around 50 and Grayson around 70. 

No joke, how do we judge Colquitt going forward? They should win the rest of their games by 4 scores so how do we rank them nationally? Giving Colquitt a top 20 ranking will really requires a big leap of faith. Lot's of other teams play soft schedules why cut Colquitt the break? TX is always demanding top 20 billing for beating dead dogs.