Live Stream: Colquitt Co. 26, Grayson 14 - Final

ECHS05

You are simply wrong NOR. 

While the score didn't show it, Colquitt had Grayson the time we got off the buses. The game plan was executed perfectly. 

Nobody on the planet can prove the same game plan wouldn't destroy every other team on your list. 

Colquitt will win the grind em outs this year against teams much more talented than they are. Last night was proof of that. 

I think SPP and BC both get ground to nubbins just like Grayson. Neither of them score more than 14 points either. Trends and all ya know. 

• Confused 1

Also, whether Colquitt wins the rest of the regular season by 10 or 40 points is really of no major consequence. 

There should be 5 more games after the regular season and 2 or more of them should be against top 50/100 type competition. 

You can't leave off our potential playoff gauntlet, where it's entirely possible we rematch Grayson. That could be a tough game if they get their heads on right.

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, whether Colquitt wins the rest of the regular season by 10 or 40 points is really of no major consequence. 

There should be 5 more games after the regular season and 2 or more of them should be against top 50/100 type competition. 

You can't leave off our potential playoff gauntlet, where it's entirely possible we rematch Grayson. That could be a tough game if they get their heads on right.

Which is why nobody with any football sense is getting all giddy due to last night's win over Grayson.

Most of us still remember Brookwood's regular season win over us last year.  And then came the playoff game.  

Prepare for Alcovy.  Get the Homecoming win...and then we take a week off to heal and get ready for the Gauntlet.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

8 hours ago, noonereal said:

I know I have to be very careful in speaking about your pet team so you don't "DJ me" but as a neutral observer, what were you smoking? Grayson's QB was terrible. 

and I mean this sincerely. This game may have been exciting from the closeness and fact that #1 and #2 were playing each other but no one came away impressed watching either team. There was certainly no top 25 team out there. 

I had Colquitt winning by 28 given the hype (I posted that here) you guys made about Colquitt and the fact that BC, as has been proved, is not great. 

Given the hype you guys spew I had Grayson 48 points over BC. Now if I am being honest (which I am) and not trolling, from my perspective, can you understand why I complain about GA's continual overrating? 

Colquitt's kicker was impressive. If Rush had anyone on the schedule that could play football that kicker would win him a game or two. With that schedule he won't need him. 

I;ll take the rest of my comments to the black eye thread but understand they are honest. Just because you don't like my perspective does not mean I am trolling. 

Grayson QB was horrible. No way a school with that many athletes cannot find a serviceable qb.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You are simply wrong NOR. 

While the score didn't show it, Colquitt had Grayson the time we got off the buses. The game plan was executed perfectly. 

Nobody on the planet can prove the same game plan wouldn't destroy every other team on your list. 

Colquitt will win the grind em outs this year against teams much more talented than they are. Last night was proof of that. 

I think SPP and BC both get ground to nubbins just like Grayson. Neither of them score more than 14 points either. Trends and all ya know. 

the power of human bias always astounds me

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Halyard is such an interesting story. A backup RB his junior and senior year but plays the whole season as the starter due to an injury both years. Wonder how he’ll spin this to family and friends in ten years 

Why should he have to "spin" anything?  He stepped in an performed to the best of his ability.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

the power of human bias always astounds me

I noticed that while reading along in the BC/DBP thread. Someone was watching and eye testing with them biased glasses on. Something to the effect of those teams being better than the teams in this thread. 

This is why I go to Cal Preps. It is unbiased and doesn't depend on the eye test. 

;)

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I noticed that while reading along in the BC/DBP thread. Someone was watching and eye testing with them biased glasses on. Something to the effect of those teams being better than the teams in this thread. 

This is why I go to Cal Preps. It is unbiased and doesn't depend on the eye test. 

;)

who was that?

I know I though and wrote several times how bad Bosco was. 

Yes, I like Cal but you must realize that Ned Has Screwed The Pooch we have to take GA ranking the same as CA rankings. 

• Haha 1

let me go find these CalPreps threads... NOR needs a reminder of what a dumbass he really is... and that disappearing for months after you find out youre wrong doesnt make it go away...

NoR disappears at the same time Ned writes a state scaling explanation...

Comes back right after the BC -Grayson game...

Coincidence or coward?

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

You poor mouth our coach and yet y'all hired John Small?  Really?  😎

I miss Coach Pardue...

Hell I miss Coach Cronic... He was the HC when I went there... he was a good one

For a season or 2, Coach Buzz Payne.. the infamous Binocular-Gate coach... was at EC... kind of a doucher but his wife was pretty hot.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

He actually has been a good runner this year and is pretty fast.  I was a little surprised he didn't take off more last night.

Gotcha. Seemed like he lost his confidence after he threw that interception in the 1st half. He kinda got it going in the 3rd quarter, but when things went wrong, it seemed like he mentally checked out. His body language said it all. 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

let me go find these CalPreps threads... NOR needs a reminder of what a dumbass he really is... and that disappearing for months after you find out youre wrong doesnt make it go away...

NoR disappears at the same time Ned writes a state scaling explanation...

Comes back right after the BC -Grayson game...

Coincidence or coward?

All he has to do is read his ridiculous daisy chain logic to realize that he has no idea about football.

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Gotcha. Seemed like he lost his confidence after he threw that interception in the 1st half. He kinda got it going in the 3rd quarter, but when things went wrong, it seemed like he mentally checked out. His body language said it all. 

In his defense, Colquitt took away his #1 WR the entire game that in itself will take away a QBs confidence.

Really, the only success he had was on busted plays by the defense, and once his big OL wore out, the Hawgs up front was putting heavy pressure on him every time he dropped back to throw which forces him into some bad decisions.

It's not his fault. Colquitt has made every QB we've played look average and 4 of them will playing big time college football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

In his defense, Colquitt took away his #1 WR the entire game that in itself will take away a QBs confidence.

Really, the only success he had was on busted plays by the defense, and once his big OL wore out, the Hawgs up front was putting heavy pressure on him every time he dropped back to throw which forces him into some bad decisions.

It's not his fault. Colquitt has made every QB we've played look average and 4 of them will playing big time college football.

Man, if we can get the missed tackles down a bit more, do you think our defense would be worth watching? 

I mean, Mo has been calling a good game all year from up in that air conditioned box and all, but imagine what he could do if our guys were sticking the tackle almost every time. 

/sarcasm

Mo really does call some good games for the defense. If not for that soft middle at times, which Grayson exploited for one td last night, and a missed tackle on initial contact on the rushing td Grayson had, the Black Hats were as solid of a group as we've had in a while. They're sure fun to watch this year.