Live Stream: Colquitt Co. 26, Grayson 14 - Final

ECHS05

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

It’s been two series, there’s over 8 minutes left in the first quarter. They haven’t given up more than 14 this season 

That’s like saying when IMG goes 80 yards tonight on the opening drive that Mater Deis defense sucks. A bit premature 

Colquitt still hasn't given up over 14 this season.

Rufus>>

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm really nervous about our guys going down in the game.  Hopefully...we come out in halfway decent condition.  We need ALL our guys...well.

Rufus>>

We have a couple of weeks to get well. Well, kinda anyway. 

Alcovy then a bye.

You should know also, our boys did travel up yesterday for this game. 

I apologize to the administration for calling them stupid earlier today. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We have a couple of weeks to get well. Well, kinda anyway. 

Alcovy then a bye.

You should know also, our boys did travel up yesterday for this game. 

I apologize to the administration for calling them stupid earlier today. 

I wasn't gonna bring it up...but I pretty much got the scoop on a LOT of stuff last night.  We won this evening...and we didn't do it at full strength.  Let's get our guys healthy...and be ready for Region.  Got a feeling a bunch of underclassmen will get playing time next Friday night...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

I wasn't gonna bring it up...but I pretty much got the scoop on a LOT of stuff last night.  We won this evening...and we didn't do it at full strength.  Let's get our guys healthy...and be ready for Region.  Got a feeling a bunch of underclassmen will get playing time next Friday night...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Well sir, enlighten me if you think I'm worthy and you get the chance.

Have a good night. I'm hitting the road.

• Like 1

“We have to go back to the drawing board and find out who we are offensively,” Grayson coach Christian Hunnicutt said. “We can’t sustain drives. Other than a big run and a play we drew up in the dirt, we can’t get into any sort of rhythm. Our defensive group has really settled in, and Colquitt is a very good defensive team. But on offense it’s almost like we have to go back to the beginning and figure out what we can do. We just don’t have any consistency there.”

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

“We have to go back to the drawing board and find out who we are offensively,” Grayson coach Christian Hunnicutt said. “We can’t sustain drives. Other than a big run and a play we drew up in the dirt, we can’t get into any sort of rhythm. Our defensive group has really settled in, and Colquitt is a very good defensive team. But on offense it’s almost like we have to go back to the beginning and figure out what we can do. We just don’t have any consistency there.”

That all sounds nice, and it's worded in a very coach like manner to make it seem like normal trials and tribulations.....but isn't that all stuff you should know very clearly before your first game?

It's one thing to say "Hey we played a very good Defense" or "We just didn't execute well today", but to basically say "I'm not sure what we're good at" would have me worried if I were a Grayson fan.

17 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

That all sounds nice, and it's worded in a very coach like manner to make it seem like normal trials and tribulations.....but isn't that all stuff you should know very clearly before your first game?

It's one thing to say "Hey we played a very good Defense" or "We just didn't execute well today", but to basically say "I'm not sure what we're good at" would have me worried if I were a Grayson fan.

I agree!!! It’s puzzling stuff 

I think that's a heat of the moment type interview there. He was probably disheartened by the loss. It was a big game. 

I really think it came down to depth and conditioning from my seat in the stands. Colquitt came up short one major player and lost more during the game, yet, were still able to pull out a 12 point win. 

Grayson players were starting to show fatigue on defense in the closing minutes of the second quarter, and both sides of the ball by the middle to end of the third. 

The Grayson qb was a bit better than I expected, but, he wasn't being pressured much at all in the first half. Hell, he would take the snap, two step drop, just stand flat footed for what seemed like an eternity before tossing it to an open guy. Quite a few disrupted or just outright dropped balls also didn't help Grayson. 

Exciting game. I felt like it lived up to the hype. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that's a heat of the moment type interview there. He was probably disheartened by the loss. It was a big game. 

I really think it came down to depth and conditioning from my seat in the stands. Colquitt came up short one major player and lost more during the game, yet, were still able to pull out a 12 point win. 

Grayson players were starting to show fatigue on defense in the closing minutes of the second quarter, and both sides of the ball by the middle to end of the third. 

The Grayson qb was a bit better than I expected, but, he wasn't being pressured much at all in the first half. Hell, he would take the snap, two step drop, just stand flat footed for what seemed like an eternity before tossing it to an open guy. Quite a few disrupted or just outright dropped balls also didn't help Grayson. 

Exciting game. I felt like it lived up to the hype. 

Was this a home game, neutral site?  And was this the biggest game of the year in JawJaa?   I can't wait to see the videos.   Not to get off topic how is that private school doing that played Prestonwood a few weeks ago? 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Was this a home game, neutral site?  And was this the biggest game of the year in JawJaa?   I can't wait to see the videos.   Not to get off topic how is that private school doing that played Prestonwood a few weeks ago? 

This was a home game for Grayson. Actually it was their homecoming game. 

I think that it was probably looked at as the biggest matchup of the year to this point for sure. I told some of the boys after the game that it felt like winning a championship from a fan perspective. We owed 'em one. 

Colquitt felt like they needed to prove they were positively better also after being slighted in the polls preseason and even after a couple of games the polls only moved as metro teams lost.

As far as the private school... Idk. Don't follow them. I know the names but, just don't care to follow. 

Maybe Blessed Trinity or GAC maybe. Idk.