Fly’s TX TAPPS report card (pre district)

Horsefly

2016 Bishop Lynch won the Tapps title - They opened the season with 22 point loss to Texas High who got beat in the first round of the playoffs.  That game as played at Lynch

nothing has really changed that much, except most overreacting about the one year that they beat college station -  for now that is a one off situation and the truth is that is the UiL 4th best class.

Just now, Texasball said:

2016 Bishop Lynch won the Tapps title - They opened the season with 22 point loss to Texas High who got beat in the first round of the playoffs.  That game as played at Lynch

nothing has really changed that much, except most overreacting about the one year that they beat college station -  for now that is a one off situation and the truth is that is the UiL 4th best class.

Sure they have, you dont think beating college station is a significant improvement?  So is staying within 12 pts of desoto regardless of how weak they may be this year. And they wouldn’t have gone on the road and beaten ECA nor Fayetteville.  10 years ago TAPPS would not have come close to accommplishing any of that, and a TAPPS D2 team would hav lost to a ranked 4A by 5 TDs much less beat them 

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

2017: Bishop Lynch 24 Texas High 7

2017: 5A Champ Highland Park 56 Texas High 49 (5A Playoffs)

2017: TAPPS D1 Semifinals St Pius X 34 Bishop Lynch 15

I'm going to start calling you, half pint. That's all you do is tell 1/4 to 1/2 of it...

#halfpint

20 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They are trending up...My point is they still have long way to go.  

Of course, I never said they were elite now, just that based on predistrict results they are headed in the right direction.  

Based on that, I would bet dunne and TC Chill for sure will be more talented next year than this year from transfers. 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course, I never said they were elite NOW, just that based on predistrict results they are headed in the right direction.  

Based on that, I would bet dunne and TC Chill for sure will be more talented next year than this year fom transfers. 

What makes you believe that Dunne will get some big time transfers?  

They already have some highly ranked players and went 1-2 in games that mean something.

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They already have some highly ranked players and went 1-2 in games that mean something.

You should worry less about Dallas Bishop Dunne and more about Dallas Skyline....

One is on the up and one is seriously on the down.

You fighting TAPPS is a battle in your head and no place else, believe that.

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Their trend the past few years in transfers and their location at the center of a talent pool area.

They had about 6-7 transfers this offseason that I know of at the top of my head. I think all are either starters or contributors too.   

Theyll lose kids,they did last season with WR Reggie Roberson to Horn and QB Stacey Connor.  But, thats offset by what they gain. 

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

So why did they not beat Byrd?  

The truth - They are poorly coached!  

When you are getting this much print about ranked transfers you should be dominating teams like this years ECA LA team and this Byrd team.

I don’t know, it could have been bad decisions.  we could ask longview the same thing on why they haven’t beaten Byrd in a lot of tries too. 

I’m not advicating any one school, just that collectively TAPPS is improving.  But if you want to pinpoint me on a TAPPS team breaking through I would say PCA.

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You should worry less about Dallas Bishop Dunne and more about Dallas Skyline....

One is on the up and one is seriously on the down.

You fighting TAPPS is a battle in your head and no place else, believe that.

Your missing the point.  

My point is even though few teams maybe trending up they are still long way from being elite.  

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

So why did they not beat Byrd?  

Why didn't Longview beat CE Byrd?

That was a good Longview team.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/longview-lobos-(longview,tx)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

I'm going to lay off you, half pint You have answers for nothing. Just stupid TAPPS questions.

Waste of time....

9 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I've only mentioned coaching since....I dunno...The 2017 BOB...

Dunne is not the only private and not the front runner.  But nonetheless, they still repped themselves well in the OOD games, and I'm betting will get better if nothing else but from transfers.  Why is it so hard for some to give credit where credit is due?  

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Dunne is not the only private and not the front runner.  But nonetheless, they still repped themselves well in the OOD games, and I'm betting will get better if nothing else but from transfers.  Why is it so hard for some to give credit where credit is due?  

I have...

Just not the coaching part.

The players did their thing.  Could easily be 3-0 if not for some blunders.  But they played hard.  Can't knock the players for that.

They beat ECA when I said they wouldn't and SHOULD have beaten Byrd.  I had them losing to both.

That reminds me...I gotta own up to @G0LD$tandard team did better than I expected despite the circumstances they faced with players transferring out and such.

• Like 1