Fly’s TX TAPPS report card (pre district)

Horsefly

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I get to bring up last year as you did pointing out LC beat Melissa.

Melissa best two players were sophomores last year and that was early season. They progressed as season went

.Gilmer beat LC by 50 or more

LC beat Dunne the first time.

you need to let these games play out Didn’t Dunne only lose by 1 against one of these teams last year in the playoffs.

TC Chill best players were young and they progressed as the season went on.  Everything will play out for all included.

Last year, Dunne had a close loss to TN power Brentwood at about the same time St Pius X was beating College station. What made that more impressive is that St Pius wasn’t even the best in TAPPS.   Overall, the privates collective body of work was good, wins and losses included.  This year appears more of the same. 

Here is the problem with Tapps top League -  they do not have quality depth-  until this changes this league will never get my respect.  I can respect individual teams - there playoffs are total joke

They have 16 team playoff - This from last year

1.  Nolan Catholic - L Richland 65-25

2.  All Saints - quality team last year - didn’t play UiL - has fallen back this - they have common game with Odessa Permian - see scores 

3. St Joseph Academy - They won in first Round - had losses vs UIl nobodies Grulla, Rio Honda, and Raymondville

4.  Concordia Lutheran - beat 4-6 4A Hempstead - 7-4 3A Hitchcock 1-9 4A Royal

5:  Trinity Christian Addison - 1st Round winner - got beat by Denison

6.  Prestonwood -  state champ - beat Lake Dallas 

7. St Thomas Catholic - loss vs West Brook 49-16

8:  Bishop Dunne -  this is documented Split with couple of Ok OOS teams

9.  Liberty Christian  - went 2-1 vs UiL 4A beat Melissa 21-14- Celina 10-9 and got beat by Gilmer 60-7

10.  St Pius X -  beat 5A Div 2 Champ - best victory in history for Tapps

11:  Antonia Prep - got beat by the following UiL South San Antionio and Flotresville and Branco

12.  Parish Episcopal - didn’t play anyone

13   JOHN Paul II  - no games

14.  Central Catholic - Loss vs UiL 4A Navarro (42-21)

15.  Bishop Lynch - beat Texas High , Irving and Kaufman 

16. Kelly Catholic beat by UiL small schools Hardin Jefferson, Orangefield, Hamshire- Fannett

The last 2 Tapps Div 2 winners Grapevine Faith and Trinity Christian CH both Got beat by 3A Brock

overall it’s just a weaker lead with handful of good programs.  

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let me tell you something else - Trinity Christian with all those athletes and with all those ex pro players are actually poorly Coached

Melissa was touted as having a top level WR/RB and QB and lost at home to a “poorly coached” team.  What does that say about them? 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Melissa was touted as having a top level WR/RB and QB and lost at home to a “poorly coached” team.  What does that say about them? 

Come on Fly - Have you seen this Trinity team - They have big recruits also and more of them.  They look more like Duncanville than they do small schools.

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Come on Fly - Have you seen this Trinity team - They have big recruits also and more of them.  They look more like Duncanville than they do small schools.

Yes, I have seen them.  I think they will get more recruits too.

The whole TAPPS is not the issue and their depth.  The circle of play has been around 6-7 teams and they will just get into a transfer battle.  It all revolves around them and what they do going forward:  all saints, St Pius, TC, prestonwood, lynch, dunne and to a lesser extent LC.  

The point is you can’t struggle to beat 4A Melissa and act like you are elite 

Trinity Christian also beat Lynch and Lynch played respectable vs John Curtis 

So does all this mean that Texas 4A is on this same level ?  I would bet my house that Melissa will not win Texas 4A Div1 

Melissa was knocked out of the playoffs by Pleasant Grove 55-12 last year.  They played in 4A D2 last year - now they are in Division 1 -  They may not win their district with Argyle being there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The whole TAPPS is not the issue and their depth.  The circle of play has been around 6-7 teams and they will just get into a transfer battle.  It all revolves around them and what they do going forward:  all saints, St Pius, TC, prestonwood, lynch, dunne and to a lesser extent LC.  

They can’t recruit good enough year in and year out and most do not have the program to go with it even when they are loaded.  See Dunne and all there recent results.

Let the games play out to see who really is the best -  

when comparing scores Right now TX 4A Melissa is on par with Big boy Lynch and above All Saints.

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Once Deion Sanders kids are gone - He will be gone too.  That program will die on the vine.  

Nobody big in a Texas is going to play them.  Instead of scheduling 4A and 3A maybe they can play another states power.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Says the guy from a state that hands out 25 trophies at the end of the year.

Well done!

He's so out of touch with what high school football is that it's ridiculous. 

"State championships don't mean what they used to."

What a joke. 

It truly gets more difficult to read his spill almost daily now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

They can’t recruit good enough year in and year out and most do not have the program to go with it even when they are loaded.  See Dunne and all there recent results.

Let the games play out to see who really is the best -  

when comparing scores Right now TX 4A Melissa is on par with Big boy Lynch and above All Saints.

Fair enough.  But using the same logic, comparing scores right now dunne is on par with Permian and PCA is above sachse. 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Fair enough.  But using the same logic, comparing scores right now dunne is on par with Permian and PCA is above sachse. 

@Texasball this was very good between you two. Remember I said that TAPPS is not on par with 4A.  If you line them up 1-10.  How many would bet on TAPPS?  I said at the Allen vs East that T.C CH was loaded and that at the time #11 4A would give them hell.  That is a 6A team in size and talent and Melissa actually dominated that game

It was a great game but Melissa easily could have won it by 2tds.  3 turnovers inside the 5. The weather at the start was horrible.  

I have seen Dunne, L.C. and T.C.  all decent teams and not one of them would I pick to win 4A.  Yet Dunne didn't embarrass themselves against 6A Desoto.  Prestonwood and St. pius haven't  shown to be head and shoulders over these teams.  Carthage and Argyle can play with anyone in 5A as proven by the 5A champ losing to a TAPPS school.  Jabray Young proves that talent is talent regardless of the competition. That kid will run the ball against 5A as well and that QB would as well.  With that said T.C is well coached in my opinion.  I could see that being a hard bunch to beat at the end of the season.  The fact Melissa isn't favored in 4A should prove the quality of 4A.  Actually this is the class in Texas that has risen IMHO.  

22 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@Texasball this was very good between you two. Remember I said that TAPPS is not on par with 4A.  If you line them up 1-10.  How many would bet on TAPPS?  I said at the Allen vs East that T.C CH was loaded and that at the time #11 4A would give them hell.  That is a 6A team in size and talent and Melissa actually dominated that game

It was a great game but Melissa easily could have won it by 2tds.  3 turnovers inside the 5. The weather at the start was horrible.  

I have seen Dunne, L.C. and T.C.  all decent teams and not one of them would I pick to win 4A.  Yet Dunne didn't embarrass themselves against 6A Desoto.  Prestonwood and St. pius haven't  shown to be head and shoulders over these teams.  Carthage and Argyle can play with anyone in 5A as proven by the 5A champ losing to a TAPPS school.  Jabray Young proves that talent is talent regardless of the competition. That kid will run the ball against 5A as well and that QB would as well.  With that said T.C is well coached in my opinion.  I could see that being a hard bunch to beat at the end of the season.  The fact Melissa isn't favored in 4A should prove the quality of 4A.  Actually this is the class in Texas that has risen IMHO.  

4A probably is better than TAPPS top to bottom.  But, I don’t think some of these TAPPS teams are scheduling like they are to specifically improve TAPPS image, but to help their own.  At this stage its all about how quickly PCA, dunne, St Pius, TC Chill, all saints, lynch can create a national image for themselves.  Their out of league results this season will help in that goal. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's so out of touch with what high school football is that it's ridiculous. 

"State championships don't mean what they used to."

What a joke. 

It truly gets more difficult to read his spill almost daily now. 

There's a couple in this thread that if left unchecked will blurt out anything and swear it's the truth.

He's one of them.

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

4A probably is better than TAPPS top to bottom.  But, I don’t think some of these TAPPS teams are scheduling like they are to specifically improve TAPPS image, but to help their own.  At this stage its all about how quickly PCA, dunne, St Pius, TC Chill, all saints, lynch can create a national image for themselves.  

I think they will get better.  I wouldn't want to play T.C. in week 10.  off to NC for business back late Friday can't get to a game.  District should be starting for many.  I might even go to a TAPPS playoff this year.  I respect them and said that after seeing them.  The 3 I saw are no worse than most of the teams in 4A - 6A.  Midland Christian was a DII power for years and moved to DI.  They been kicking 6A teams ass from El Paso for years.  Again most teams are not elite in any class but the elite ones will be very damn good in the next class and above.   Aledo, Carthage and Newton as examples.  We have games with ranked 4A and 5A this year.  There was no clear separation between them and 4A DI smacked them. The best of TAPPS would compete well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I also hope Texas TAPPS get that one team where The 67 corridor kids go there.  Imagine Desoto, Lancaster, Cedar Hill and Dville best all choosing T.C. Cedar Hill. Then go on a national beat down tour.  Imagine the best of DFW loaded up in one private like Dunne.  

The THSCA would lose their minds.

I think that’s exactly what they want to do.