Finding A Way To Beat The Alcovy Tigers....

Rufus69

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rush says that Alcovy is the best set of Tigers we've seen this year !!!!!  And with everybody we got injured or hobbled...we'll be lucky to put (12) players on the field (at one time).   I swear...we can't catch a break.  Lime Sink has commissioned both HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER to do what they do...help Rush find a way...to get a win for next Friday night.  We don't wanna be like Grayson...and take it on the chin at our Homecoming game......(Smile).

The Tigers have over 100 players.  They have insinuated...they're out for blood.   I'm not sure they know they're supposed to lose.  And add to that...the Methodists told me point blank not to call them again till Region rolled around.   We have ourselves a conundrum.   I will say that Rush has a knack of pulling out victory from the jaws of defeat...but how many times can he do it?  I suppose the answer will be rendered in mid-December...or possibly earlier...if we ain't awful careful.

Finally I was a tad shocked to get an e-mail last night from a Colquitt source that asked....

"Rufus, how do we get out of Tier 3?"

My answer?

"Wait for Cali to fall into the ocean".

The truth does hurt....sometimes.

Rufus>>

If you guys respond to Rufus in a serious  manner then you haven't been paying attention. 

He is 100 percent satire all the time. That's his thing. That's the chosen personality he displays on a message board. 

If you took what he said seriously then it would appear he believed Colquitt was garbage. I assume he doesn't believe that so there's no other reason to pay attention to it 

• Like 3

You guys are supposed to read that write up and laugh. It's no act. It's Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn for the 2000's. 

That's all. 

I'm entertained each time I read one of those write ups. 

Anyway, I drove by Alcovy on the way home Friday night. Nice looking school actually. Of course that has nothing to do with their skill on the football field. 

2 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

This act is getting old.

CC is going to smash Alcovy........they lost to Newton 37-3 and East 35-7.

CC is far from tiny and inexperienced. They are a big ,experienced very good football team that should be the fav. against everyone else from GA., including Buford and whomever else.

Hoss....just because Alcovy lost to Newton or even East...it has NOTHING to do with the Colquitt game.  Do I think we have the better team?  Yes I do.  Do I think we have several key players hobbled?  Yes I do.  Have I been around football long enough to know you better damn well line up and play the game if you wanna win?  Yes I have.  

We may smash the Tigers.  We may not.  Nothing in high school football is a given.  I treat every game like it's do or die...cause most of the time...it is.  Rush knows this.  "Doc" knows this.  And I was the one who taught it to them !!!!

And to set the record straight...we been poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs since I been able to talk.   I'm here to tell ya...that's been a while....

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You guys are supposed to read that write up and laugh. It's no act. It's Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn for the 2000's. 

That's all. 

I'm entertained each time I read one of those write ups. 

Anyway, I drove by Alcovy on the way home Friday night. Nice looking school actually. Of course that has nothing to do with their skill on the football field. 

I guess I shouldn't pick at these gurus.  BUT...I been doing it for SO long....(Smile).

Oh...and just for the record...I am a Samuel Clemens fan.  I'm also a Lewis Grizzard fan.  But I probably look more like Ernest Hemingway.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

You are a cool dude......but when you say the same thing every time it loses it`s impact over time. I don`t know if your posts are serious or not...it`s just time to revamp the shtick...!!!!!

CC 49...Alcovy   7

Hoss....you don't know me well enough...to call me...cool.

(Big Smile)

I gonna say this...and I'm not directing it at you.  There's a lot of people on message boards that write stuff just to get comments.  They hafta have comments to survive.  They will always take an opposing view cause they know SOMEBODY is gonna respond.  They're called trolls. 

I pretty much post for myself.  If another person WANTS to read it...and even respond to it...so be it.  If not...I get the enjoyment of writing and expressing and sometimes fooling myself into thinking I've accomplished some magnificent  introverted task.  Now me changing what I write will only come when my mind takes me there.  Truthfully...you might not want that.  I'm not sure I would either.

Anywho...We're gonna prepare to play Alcovy the same way we would any other team. We're practicing hard (with them we got).  We're practicing the same lengths.  We're doing the things that hopefully...will make us successful.   And we do like being successful.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I guess I shouldn't pick at these gurus.  BUT...I been doing it for SO long....(Smile).

Oh...and just for the record...I am a Samuel Clemens fan.  I'm also a Lewis Grizzard fan.  But I probably look more like Ernest Hemingway.

Rufus>>

I will never forget one of Lewis Grizzard's columns on how he would crawl a gravel road from Carthage to Rome to kiss a gal's hand.

That dude was funny and pithy... RIP.

BGW

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I have a couple of friends that compete every year.

https://sloppyjoes.com/papa-look-alike-contest/

https://www.papalookalikes.com/

58 minutes ago, Fred said:

At least we scheduled a worthy opponent.  You have to give us that.  (Smile)

Come on Fred.....you scheduled a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs...thinking you fellers were gonna stomp a mudhole in us.

A MUDHOLE !!!!

If I've told you once...I've told you a thousand times....Lowndes is the ONLY team that stomps mudholes.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Come on Fred.....you scheduled a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs...thinking you fellers were gonna stomp a mudhole in us.

A MUDHOLE !!!!

If I've told you once...I've told you a thousand times....Lowndes is the ONLY team that stomps mudholes.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

I'm pretty sure no one thought we would stomp a mudhole in you.  Win, maybe.  Stomp a mudhole, not a snowball's chance.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:50 AM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I will never forget one of Lewis Grizzard's columns on how he would crawl a gravel road from Carthage to Rome to kiss a gal's hand.

That dude was funny and pithy... RIP.

BGW

One of my favorite Grizzard columns was about the No Name Bar in Waycross. I actually stopped in once and got a beer there

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Rufus69 said:

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rush says that Alcovy is the best set of Tigers we've seen this year !!!!!  And with everybody we got injured or hobbled...we'll be lucky to put (12) players on the field (at one time).   I swear...we can't catch a break.  Lime Sink has commissioned both HawgGoneIt and CCBLACKHATTER to do what they do...help Rush find a way...to get a win for next Friday night.  We don't wanna be like Grayson...and take it on the chin at our Homecoming game......(Smile).

The Tigers have over 100 players.  They have insinuated...they're out for blood.   I'm not sure they know they're supposed to lose.  And add to that...the Methodists told me point blank not to call them again till Region rolled around.   We have ourselves a conundrum.   I will say that Rush has a knack of pulling out victory from the jaws of defeat...but how many times can he do it?  I suppose the answer will be rendered in mid-December...or possibly earlier...if we ain't awful careful.

Finally I was a tad shocked to get an e-mail last night from a Colquitt source that asked....

"Rufus, how do we get out of Tier 3?"

My answer?

"Wait for Cali to fall into the ocean".

The truth does hurt....sometimes.

Rufus>>

If you know what's good for you, you had BETTER change HOMECOMING to LOWENDS!

And in answer to your query about Tier Three? Relegate Tier One and Two to the SEC, where THEY recruit TOO!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, abbatt said:

Rufus,

This act is getting old.

CC is going to smash Alcovy........they lost to Newton 37-3 and East 35-7.

CC is far from tiny and inexperienced. They are a big ,experienced very good football team that should be the fav. against everyone else from GA., including Buford and whomever else.

BOOFART?xD In case you had a seizure last Friddie nite! The BOOfartians were LAID OUT by no offense ARCHER, 48-24!