What up Texas?

DevilDog

Your Honor I've presented my case on what Eye witnessed😎 and I resolve to no longer testify and I will leave it to the jury to decide.  I request to abstain further commentary on what my eyesight revealed.

The witness DD requests to be excused and read other expert testimony.  May the clerk close the record on said witness😁

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

NS wasn't the monstrosity  they were built up to be.  Even Dville fans at the game was disputing me when I said they are not gonna dominate Dville.  One guy said have you seen them.  Best ever team.  I said watch.  He said we will not be able to run on them I said watch.  3rdqtre he was hyped and he said dude you were right.  I'm sure they did not  drive to Dallas Saturday morning.  Canadian drive a million miles and gave Newton hell.  Allen has one loss in the playoffs in like 2yrs to Dville that could have went either way.  Not taking anything from NS.  I always say I have to see a team in person b4 I judge them.  That's my M.O.  

You did judge NS without seeing them as you felt Duncanville would run on them.  We knew these were two heavyweights coming in, and we knew who the horses were for each team.  Jackson having success on NS isn't shocking, he's done it all year and proved why he is. 4**** athlete.  DV is better than many thought.  

But let's not crap on NS.  They traveled 5 hours, they were penalized heavily, led most of the game and still was down 1 point with 3 seconds to go.   Now, could have Duncanville have done the same if things were reversed, playing at NRG?  I think that's a tall order seeing as they lost even wnen these factors were in their favor.  Allen is not in the discussion.  

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Your Honor I've presented my case on what Eye witnessed😎 and I resolve to no longer testify and I will leave it to the jury to decide.  I request to abstain further commentary on what my eyesight revealed.

The witness DD requests to be excused and read other expert testimony.  May the clerk close the record on said witness😁

What advantage does your eyesight see at the game that we don't see transpire on tv? And I'm talking in evaluating how and what teams do or their strengths and weaknesses.  

I could see the argument if the games and teams weren't watched at all.  

Ask any NFL player if they like playing the Chiefs in Arrowhead, and the answer is "No". Why? The crowd. If it affects pros, what do you think it does to high school kids? North Shore was facing a hostile, pro Duncanville crowd in addition to 5 hours travel and home town refs. Like I said, played at the Alamo Dome with Neutral refs and the game isn't as close.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

People still hating on Longview and BWB.

Ignorant asses probably never strapped on a helmet. Tickles my crack. Still got yalls lip stuck out because it wasnt a all big city final? Katy, Lake Travis SLC, Westlake, Allen.....ALLLLL playing basketball last night. HAHAHAHAHA

Personally want to thank @Horsefly for doubting Longview all year. 

Like Ive said before, it's easy stay nuetral, but then after the season starts, jump on and ride the jock of the latest and greatest every year. Makes it easy to ride in that comfort zone of the usual big city teams, especially when you dont really know much more about football than my 16 year old grandaughter.

LOBOS!

Just now, rockinl said:

People still hating on Longview and BWB.

Ignorant asses probably never strapped on a helmet. Tickles my crack. Still got yalls lip stuck out because it wasnt a all big city final? Katy, Lake Travis SLC, Westlake, Allen.....ALLLLL playing basketball last night. HAHAHAHAHA

Personally want to thank @Horsefly for doubting Longview all year. 

Like Ive said before, it's easy stay nuetral, but then after the season starts, jump on and ride the jock of the latest and greatest every year. Makes it easy to ride in that comfort zone of the usual big city teams, especially when you dont really know much more about football than my 16 year old grandaughter.

LOBOS!

I wasn't the only doubting Longview, but they did good and finished strong.  Congrats to the program.  

Lol why do yall keep bringing up ns "barely" beating katy. If katy didnt have ns in their schedule theyd be in the finals 😂😂. And if they were d2 theyd run the table on anyone and win. Maybe katy is good? Just had the best team in the state twice. Lv would not even beat katy and yall think theyll give duncanville or ns fits? Lol

32 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Sounds like big hairy. The refs were after us.  Good grief

It's funny seeing Texans using the argument against Northshore struggling in a close game  as out-of-state people use against Texas.  Example DeLaSalle travel here and lose a close game with Trinity people in Cali say if Trinity goes to California they lose big Texans respond No.  Dutch Fork comes here lose by five to one of the best Allen teams ever.. but North Shore coming 248 miles was overwhelming.  Hell they are convincing me that we shouldn't travel 🤣

Before these championship games I ranked them as 

1. Northshore

2. Duncanville

3. Allen

4. Katy

5. Longview

The games are over and I still rank them in this order. This year D1 is simply stronger than D2. I like Longview but I would not take them over any of the top 4. I think if you took Longview, BWB, LT, Judson, SLC and a healthy Westlake it would be a dog fight as to who would take the D2 title if they played in a playoff.  For me Northshore and Duncanville are clearly the best teams in Texas. The next tier would be Allen and Katy. There is a pretty good drop off after that.

• Like 3

What’s the argument Texans use for the overall lack of interest in OOS games and MNC? Always has been the lack of relevance towards winning a state title.  So seeing as state titles are the priority then everything associated with playing in a state title is important from travel, preparation to venue, etc.  

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Exactly that's why I hate games on TV.  You see what it shows you at the game you watch it all.  They were holding their asses off and Dville had a couple of running plays where the RB should have been called for putting his hands in the facemask of NS players.  At the Stadium you have the biggest damn TV in the world and the plays are reviewed. Big difference at the game vs. Watching what's shown on TV.  Neither of these teams were exposed.  They both have freak athletes.  For instance you should see the closing speed on these teams.  Plays that would be TDs against others were ran down.  You don't catch Dville in the open these kids did.  Finally Allen has the best O-Line in Texas and I said  if they can't dominate Dville NS wouldn't unless they were the UH Cougars.  Believe me Allen could play with NS as well.  There is no HS anywhere that will dominate these teams.  Their speed will expose alot of that MNC B.S.  I will assure you they are head and shoulders over 2015 Trinity and in Texas we know nothing out there is any better than what we have.  That's why you don't get the hoopla with us over that nonsense.  DI kids all over and the speed. TX hands down is the fastest damn State.  

That’s the one North Shore, or I should say main, North Shore weakness.

I said on here after the Cy Fair game, in the quarterfinals, that the NS offensive line was huge, but slow footed and lazy.

The amount of speed was off the charts, as well as the amount of young talent on the field.  Neither of these teams were senior laden teams.

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

NS would not dominate Allen up front and Tilsdale and Wease would give them hell.  NS has big slow offensive linemen.  DVille has the best Defensd in TX.  Their speed.gave those guys fits.  They did a lot of holding again on TV you dont see what's happening away from the ball.  TV only follows the ball.  You see what the TV shows at the game you see the whole field.  NS is a great team..i saw Allen 4 times, Dville 3 Lobos 3 and NS once.  The separation is smaller than most think

Every ond of these teams will give fhe other hell. People were.sayimg they would destroy Dville they didn't.  A lot of ifs what if Dville doesnt run a trick play and fumble for six on 1st play.  Dville is not head and shoulders over Allen or LV either.  The Lobos can play with all 3 as well.  I go by what I see and I have no problem with others disagreeing.  I go to see and judge for myself.   I can name every weakness that can be exposed on all 4. If QB King was at Dville they would beat NS by 10 pts in my opinion.  Lack of deep passing by Dville kept that game close.  DVille missed a FG and ran all over them.  I heard about them and I saw them.  Dville, Allen and LV are not LT.  Longview would give all 3 problems they are the most balanced of the bunch

Dville  defense dominated That NS running game

The QB for NS is legit.  That kid alone won that game with his escape skils.  This is the 4 best teams in Texas in a long time.  NS great team.  But nothing I didnt see in Dville and Allen all year.  In the playoffs you survive each round. I'm sure NS fans complained as much as DVille fans.  

Longview is a solid and proud #3 or #4 in the state.  They wouldn’t play with either of those teams last night.

And so you think Allen holds North Shore below 50 points?  No way Allen shuts down North Shore running game like Duncanville did. And Allen don’t have the speed to keep those 20 yard plays from being 60 yard TD’s..

North Shore won despite several disadvantages.  It’s just a shame Ducanville has to lose.

it was confirmed to be last night that Allen played vs Duncanville without 2 starting OL.  

According to some coaches this is what beat Allen.  They said there OL when altogether was real difference maker.

IMHO When healthy Allen was easily as good if not better than Duncanville.

i understand why most of us like to hate Allen.  I am just calling it like I see it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

2nd thing I liked the most about Longviews win?

Black, brown and white came together as a community family for a common cause.

It can be done folks.

That was one of the most emotional post games I’ve ever seen.  Heck, Coach King was emotional before the game.

You could feel the emotion through the TV, and you could damn sure hear the excitement.  Unbelievable atmosphere.

I bet it was surreal to be there.