What up Texas?

DevilDog

11 hours ago, Champa said:

Disappointed in Lancaster. Was sure we'd see a rematch with Longview. Can still hope for Longview/Aledo, I guess.

21-6A is undefeated so far in the playoffs. Monster of a district.

Lancaster rolled over in that game. They were up by 21 points and doubled Reedy's offensive numbers in both rushing and passing. They shut it down early and paid the price.

1 hour ago, Grainraiser said:

Lancaster rolled over in that game. They were up by 21 points and doubled Reedy's offensive numbers in both rushing and passing. They shut it down early and paid the price.

In that case...they deserved it.  I just read they didn't even score an offensive TD.  2 pick-6s and a kickoff return for a TD.  Offense outgained them 402-190.

Profound Sadness...

As far as Aledo.  It looks like Aledo vs Centennial round 2 if they both win next week.

Aledo beat the brakes off them 1st meeting of course.

You will probably get your wish.

Gilmer vs. Carthage at Lobo stadium was chosen as 1 of 4 biggest games in the state.  One of the best defenses against one of the best Offenses.  Beast Texas has the following powerhouses.   These 5 are a threat to be in the Death Star in December

2A Timpson

3A Newton

4A Carthage and Gilmer

5A Longview

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

There’s no problem with backups scoring. Those  kids bust their butt everyday too and they should be allowed to play to their best n the final whistle.  

🤣🤣🤣

It's Van Alstyne.  Those that know about them shouldn't be surprised about this in the slightest.

They'd be one of the first schools to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot. (Ask Gainesville)

Can't stop the fight in the middle of the playoffs buddy.  Get ya Hoops team ready.

• Like 1

The 4A teams in the playoffs that moved up won except Austin LBJ.  Where is this so called big gap in elite 4A and 5A?  Carthage would be a handful in 5A and that's been the case for years.  I've been hoping Argyle play Aledo as proof and dammit they moved up.  Argyle has been the #1 5AII team since wk#3.  They may not win State but Liberty Hill has proven the gap is razor thin.  T.C. Cedar Hill proved it a few years back when Texans said Privates couldn't compete.  P.E. proved it thus year too.  The landscape has changed. Kids that would be at Allen are now in Melissa, Anna, Prosper and Celina.  Look at McKinney in Bball.  McKinney North will be really good in Football.  

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The only 4A teams in the playoffs that moved up won except Austin LBJ.  Where is this so called big gap in elite 4A and 5A.  Carthage would be a handful in 5A and that's been the case for years.  I've been hoping Argyle play Aledo as proof and dammit they moved up.  Argyle has been the #1 5AII team since wk#3.  They may not win State but Liberty Hill has proven the gap is razor thin. 

Teams continuing to do well moving up a class is not an indicator the classes are gapless.  What’s the overall quality depth between 4A and5A? I’m talking about the Frisco’s, summits  of 5A compared comparably ranked 4As 

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Teams continuing to do well moving up a class is not an indicator the classes are gapless.  What’s the overall quality depth between 4A and5A? I’m talking about the Frisco’s, summits  of 5A compared comparably ranked 4As 

I specifically mentioned the elite.  I heard for years that Argyle would get crushed by Aledo.  I never ever believed that after watching both in person several times.  I don't think it's indicative if the #30 5A beats down the #30 4A.  We've had a 4A team in the 30s beat a 6A playoff team in the 30s.  But I know Dville would crush Carthage and 98% of 6A.  

Though I can show games of 4A and 5A outside the top 10 playing each other.

33 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I specifically mentioned the elite.  I heard for years that Argyle would get crushed by Aledo.  I never ever believed that after watching both in person several times.  I don't think it's indicative if the #30 5A beats down the #30 4A.  We've had a 4A team in the 30s beat a 6A playoff team in the 30s.  But I know Dville would crush Carthage and 98% of 6A.  

But we can’t compare now because argyle is indeed 5A. Would there be a big mov if Longview played carthage?  Or SOC played CS?  

id favor the 5A teams by at least 10. 

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Longview (TX) 34 (62%), [2022] Carthage (TX) 28 (38%)

46 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I feel like that argument is vaguely thrown in and used because of the obvious advantages in key areas like trench play and depth of skill players that the higher classes can have.

Even though it may be true, it’s easy to say that until a matchup is made.

It's always trench play that makes the difference in these inter classification match ups. That and depth. Austin LBJ only has around 830 kids. I believe they only suit up about 35 players. They tried to make a comeback against PNG, but it was too little too late.

Sometimes it can be a little too much. A perfect example of this is West Orange Stark. The only team to beat them their championship years was 5A Richmond Foster. The scores weren't that close either. I'd still love to see schools like Carthage play up more to see what they can do.

And having looked more into Van Alstyne, all I got to say is fuck those guys crying about someone running up the score.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I feel like that argument is vaguely thrown in and used because of the obvious advantages in key areas like trench play and depth of skill players that the higher classes can have.

Even though it may be true, it’s easy to say that until a matchup is made.

In the last 10 years Carthage and PG went to State with the Biggest lines there to include all Texas OL T. Crawford and a slew of ranked players.  Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, Melissa are nothing different than in 4A.  Melissa beat 4A C.S at Melissa by 1 pt.  That let's you know that Elite 4A is right there.  We know beause they played.  Carthage a few years back beat 5A ranked Crosby with 5 JV kids due to Covid.  Now they are in 4A they are magically better.  LBJ was in 4A for a few years.   C.C Calallen was a 5A power.  Why have they not done the same in 4A.  Stephenville beat 5A Midlothian Heritage.  

There is no trench advantage among the top teams in each. No one here would bet on Lancaster over Carthage. And LV being the cream of the crop beating Carthage by 4 on a simulation would buttress my point.  How did 4A Hirschi beat a 6A playoff team a few years back.  A school with a thousand more kids. Carthage beats Marshall just like Lobo does.  

Kilgore beat the hell out of a top 25 5ADII Hallsville

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

In the last 1p years Carthage and PG went to State with the Biggest lines there to include all Texas OL T. Crawford and a slew of ranked players.  Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, Melissa are nothing different than in 4A.  Melissa beat 4A C.S at Melissa by 1 pt.  That let's you know that Elite 4A is right there.  We know be ause they played.  Carthage a few years back beat 5A ranked Crosby with 5 JV kids due to Covid.  Now they are in 4A they are magically better.  LBJ was in 4A for a few years.   C.C Calallen was a 5A power.  Why have they not done the same in 4A.  Stephenville beat 5A Midlothian Heritage.  

There is no trench advantage among the top teams in each. No one here would bet on Lancaster over Carthage. And LV being the cream of the crop beating Carthage by 4 on a simulation would buttress my point.  How did 4A Hirschi beat a 6A playoff team a few years back.  A school with a thousand more kids. Carthage beats Marshall just like Lobo does.  

Kilgore beat the hell out of a top 25 5ADII Hallsville

But Melissa is not elite 5A. melissa struggled beating lovejoy, a team that was blown out by SOC 42-10 in the 4th before subs scored. 

Just this year LBJ was bounced in the second round, last year they were 4A finalists 

SOC beat common opponent in PE, a team that beat CS by double digits 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But Melissa is not elite 5A. melissa struggled beating lovejoy, a team that was blown out by SOC 42-10 in the 4th before subs scored. 

Just this year LBJ was bounced in the second round, last year they were 4A finalists 

SOC beat common opponent in PE, a team that beat CS by double digits 

If they aren't no one is.  They are ranked 8th in 5ADIi. In the 3rd round and just beat Emnis.

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If they aren't no one is.  They are ranked 6th in 5ADIi. In the 3rd round and just beat Emnis.

Ennis was 6-6.  SOC, argyle, Aledo, Longview are the top dogs in 5A. I’d throw in ft bend marshall too. That’s a tough row for top of 4A to beat. Not a big one, but there is a gap there.