Mission Viejo forfeits Santa Margarita game

Sammyswordsman

....and three more games.   This will result is poor seeding in the playoffs.  Could see a round 1 game vs. Jokes or a Trinity league team

Chad Johnson
@diablocjohnson
I take full blame for this. Let this be a teachable moment for every head coach out there. Check every player’s eligibility whether they were there when you got there or not. I failed my school and team by not doing this. I am truly sorry!
Quote Tweet
eric sondheimer
@latsondheimer
Forfeits happen because of mistakes made by the people in charge of checking eligibility. Most of the time self-reported. Other times happen when people bring forth facts. Mission Viejo's forfeit was paperwork error.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

....and three more games.   This will result is poor seeding in the playoffs.  Could see a round 1 game vs. Jokes or a Trinity league team

Chad Johnson
@diablocjohnson
I take full blame for this. Let this be a teachable moment for every head coach out there. Check every player’s eligibility whether they were there when you got there or not. I failed my school and team by not doing this. I am truly sorry!
Quote Tweet
eric sondheimer
@latsondheimer
Forfeits happen because of mistakes made by the people in charge of checking eligibility. Most of the time self-reported. Other times happen when people bring forth facts. Mission Viejo's forfeit was paperwork error.

HOW does one violate any rules, when schools in Cali have carte blanche to do as they so desire?

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IT does look like Groots.  He played St. Paul in 1999.  Coughed up a fumble taking a handoff and being popped immediately.  SP almost returned it for a TD

I have a few games with him in it, I like watching him attack that ball on both sides.  tough as hell to bring down or run at.  I don't have my glasses on so it looked like #6 on the jersey, lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Santa Margarita coach Jeff Reinert confirmed that 6-8 sophomore starter Nick Davidson is transferring to Mater Dei, which already picked up another starter from Santa Margarita, Ryan Evans. The top schools are all strengthening themselves with transfers.

MD basketball