My eyes a F**king with me...

TheMaximumHornetSting

Just now, hardhit1 said:

It’s deeper than preparation and winning IMO😩

Idk what was going on... 

I've been in Charleston all damn day and just got home... 

All I got to say is..

It went about as well as the OSU game

My A-game has become rusty... 

This girl straight had me wrapped around her finger... 

But them curves had a brotha took.... 

I was looking forward to coming home and seeing OSU beat the hell out of Purdue... So much for that... 

Should've known after Indiana and Minnesota this was gonna happen... 

Thank God I didn't make any bets... 

I'd be Screwed in more ways than one... 

I think Nick Bosa -- who hasn't played in weeks and won't ever play for tOSU again --should win the Heisman Trophy after tonight's defensive performance. And the previous performances after he got hurt.

The Buckeyes defense is HORRIBLE without him. Losing a player that draws double and triple teams yet still found ways to get to the QB or RB for TFL's has changed the dynamic of that team.

I say Heisman tongue-in-cheek, of course, but also half serious. I can't imagine a player more valuable to their team than him. The difference in the Buckeyes defense w/o #97 has been profoundly significant. They are straight up GARBAGE right now. Struggled with Indiana and couldn't slow down a shitty Purdue offense tonight.

Bosa is so impactful, he's like 2 defensive players in 1. That's why he'll go top 3 and  perhaps #1 in the next draft.

Haskins is a good looking QB and he's amassing tremendous #'s but Bosa was the MVP of that team. Once they lost him, they were done -- as we all saw tonight. They'll probably even lose to that team up North that they rarely ever lose to anymore.

My sports fan night wasn't a total disaster, as at least my DAH-YERS won GM 7. Way to go Blue!

Now, as Jake Taylor once famously said:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I think Nick Bosa -- who hasn't played in weeks and won't ever play for tOSU again --should win the Heisman Trophy after tonight's defensive performance. And the previous performances after he got hurt.

The Buckeyes defense is HORRIBLE without him. Losing a player that draws double and triple teams yet still found ways to get to the QB or RB for TFL's has changed the dynamic of that team.

I say Heisman tongue-in-cheek, of course, but also half serious. I can't imagine a player more valuable to their team than him. The difference in the Buckeyes defense w/o #97 has been profoundly significant. They are straight up GARBAGE right now. Struggled with Indiana and couldn't slow down a shitty Purdue offense tonight.

Bosa is so impactful, he's like 2 defensive players in 1. That's why he'll go top 3 and  perhaps #1 in the next draft.

Haskins is a good looking QB and he's amassing tremendous #'s but Bosa was the MVP of that team. Once they lost him, they were done -- as we all saw tonight. They'll probably even lose to that team up North that they rarely ever lose to anymore.

My sports fan night wasn't a total disaster, as at least my DAH-YERS won GM 7. Way to go Blue!

Excellent Excuse Thread Material....

Time to move it. 

Regards,

BGW

17 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Even with Bosa they struggled with a horrible TCU. They are just not well coached, or players don't bye in, or both. Haskins is also one dimensional, meaning he is no duel threat at all. They have the talent, but just need to tighten it up. They should beat MI.  Also, Purdue is not shitty on offense if you go by their last 4 game stats. I think they are a very good offense right now and will be dangerous to everyone else in Big 10 from here on out.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Idk what was going on... 

I've been in Charleston all damn day and just got home... 

All I got to say is..

It went about as well as the OSU game

My A-game has become rusty... 

This girl straight had me wrapped around her finger... 

But them curves had a brotha took.... 

I was looking forward to coming home and seeing OSU beat the hell out of Purdue... So much for that... 

Should've known after Indiana and Minnesota this was gonna happen... 

Thank God I didn't make any bets... 

I'd be Screwed in more ways than one... 

But, are you still the master of your domain?

On 10/21/2018 at 1:56 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Excellent Excuse Thread Material....

Time to move it. 

Regards,

BGW

Where exactly do you see an excuse? tOSU's defense is bad. With Bosa they are much, much better. Not great or elite, but passable.

I watch every game and see it with my own eyes. But having said that, nowhere did I excuse tOSU for their performance. They earned that L because their defense sucks and their red zone offense was bad. They were awful against Indiana too. Nowhere did I say that they would have beat Purdue w/ Bosa. I have no idea how the game would have played out. I just know that their defense is visibly better when #97 is causing havoc and eating up blockers. TRUTH.

Why is it GA has problems with reading comprehension and/or connecting dots that aren't there? Send your response to that to the excuse thread, please.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Yes, he is. But that never hurt Brady, Manning or Brees at the next level.

I'm only considering College with Haskins. Pro game is a little different. College, it seems, the mobile qb's add a dimension to the game. The announcers during Purdue's game, were talking about using Martell in goal situations for that very reason, and they seemed to suggest that Meyer's had been considering that. OSU has more talent than anyone else but maybe Bama. If these guys bye in, they are a lock to make it into playoffs. Another loss may kill them though, just like last season. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Where exactly do you see an excuse? tOSU's defense is bad. With Bosa they are much, much better. Not great or elite, but passable.

I watch every game and see it with my own eyes. But having said that, nowhere did I excuse tOSU for their performance. They earned that L because their defense sucks and their red zone offense was bad. They were awful against Indiana too. Nowhere did I say that they would have beat Purdue w/ Bosa. I have no idea how the game would have played out. I just know that their defense is visibly better when #97 is causing havoc and eating up blockers. TRUTH.

Why is it GA has problems with reading comprehension and/or connecting dots that aren't there? Send your response to that to the excuse thread, please.

Is this going to become the new norm? Top NFL prospects shutting it down early?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

The announcers during Purdue's game, were talking about using Martell in goal situations for that very reason, and they seemed to suggest that Meyer's had been considering that. OSU has more talent than anyone else but maybe Bama. If these guys bye in, they are a lock to make it into playoffs. Another loss may kill them though, just like last season. 

I've wondered the same. The utilized Martell early on, but not the past few weeks. Get that kid out there to give the defense a different look. Hell, they can put both QB's on the field at the same time -- as New Orleans has been doing with Brees and Taysom Hill -- if  for no other reason than to give them something else to game plan for and think about. Martell can do some things.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Is this going to become the new norm? Top NFL prospects shutting it down early?

44 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Yep! We are going to have to get used to it. The $$$$ is now taking over.

I certainly hope not, but Gospeeder is probably right.

Leaving school after JR season became the norm for top prospects quite a while ago. This is probably the next phase.

While I don't like it, at least it's honest and not one of those ploys during bowl season where healthy players suddenly skip the bowl game due to mysterious injuries. What Bosa is doing is just an extension of that. I hate seeing it bleed into meaningful games, though. Although with tOSU's loss to Purdue, it kinda let him off the hook since they won't be in the playoff mix anymore. If the Buckeyes made the playoff, I'm sure it would be talked about more.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1