Does Bama still get in playoff if they lose?

Cossacks

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

All of SEC is pulling for UGA so they can get 2 sec teams in after LSU blew it against Texas A&M (otherwise LSU probably would have had a shot in that scenario i spoke of yesterday despite how little they would deserve it) 

It's not good for the overall landscape of college football if 2 sec teams get in

Just now, Columbiafan said:

All of SEC is pulling for UGA so they can get 2 sec teams in after LSU blew it against Texas A&M (otherwise LSU probably would have had a shot in that scenario i spoke of yesterday despite how little they would deserve it) 

If i were the rest of the SEC, I wouldn't be pulling for us. We're just getting warmed up. This is the worst Georgia team you'll see for the next decade. Assuming Kirby doesn't fall out of a helicopter.

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Nothing to do with anything here, but hearing a lot of  LSU vs.Michigan Fiesta Bowl chatter...that would be cool if it projects out.

Geaux Bayou Bengals. In spite of y'all tanning our hide, LSU fans are the best. Win, lose, or who cares, if fans don't have fun attending an LSU game, then maybe football just isn't their game. Great food and adult beverages for all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There ain't 4 teams who are undefeated (at least power 5 wise since UCF is basically considered permanent outsider) 

So someone is going to have at least one loss if not 2 and get in

And scheds can differ significantly.

After Saturday, Bama's schedule will include 5 current CFP Top 25s.

ND and Ohio State would have 3 (with Ohio State having better wins if they win out, but Purdue...)

Oklahoma would have four games vs three different opponents but they have a loss and their wins are against teams down in the rankings.

Assuming all these teams win out, Clemson probably has the weakest resume with only two Top 25 wins. Both were squeakers (A&M and Syracuse).

3 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Geaux Bayou Bengals. In spite of y'all tanning our hide, LSU fans are the best. Win, lose, or who cares, if fans don't have fun attending an LSU game, then maybe football just isn't their game. Great food and adult beverages for all.

We overachieved this year....many had us winning 6 or 7 games. We just really weren' that talented and were very young on the lines.

I'd like to see Georgia beat the gumps, but it just ain't happening. I'll be pulling for the Dogs though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

We overachieved this year....many had us winning 6 or 7 games. We just really weren' that talented and were very young on the lines.

I'd like to see Georgia beat the gumps, but it just ain't happening. I'll be pulling for the Dogs though.

Unfortunately I believe thats the case. But a casual glance at depth charts makes Dawg fans, and Bama haters feel good, smug in fact, about the future.

A lot of dreams have died on the field in Baton Rouge. What y'all did back on October 13, wasn't an anomly. Or something from the Twilight Zone. I remember living in Merritt Island in 1970, listning to the Pick of Dixie Game of the Week as the Tigers beat the flying crud out of a top flight Notre Dame squad.

As an aside, LSU has some talent, along with the depth issues you acknowledged, Hats off to Ed and his staff for getting them to buy in.

Our offensive line will be starting two true freshmen, and two redshirt freshmen Saturday. Guess what their backups class status is? And either 7, possibly 9 true frosh on defense. Senior leadership is the ace up the sleeve we have no answer for. Football saavy. 

• Like 1