Does Bama still get in playoff if they lose?

Cossacks

7 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Assuming everything else plays out as expected. If Alabama loses this week are they still in? late season loss? Not winning your conference? But still arguably the best team in the nation?

Georgia, ND and Clemson would be 3. But does Bama get the nod over OU or OSU? Sorry UCF you fall under the Johnny Stanton rule with Milton gone and don’t have a chance.

They didnt win the conference last year and they had a late season loss and they won the NC

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

In 2014 Ohio state lost at home in the regular season to an unranked Virginia Tech Team by multiple tds. 

Osu still got in as a 4 seed and won it. 

That season they actually looked like they were the most deserving #4 if I remember right. That 59-0 butt kicking of Wisconsin did it. 

This OSU team needed OT to beat Maryland 52-52 2 weeks ago. They shouldve lost to a bad Nebraska team. They were killed by 29 to Purdue. Too many WTF moments.

Oklahoma has a good O, but a sorry D.... And that might beat middling teams, but that will fail you against the better teams.

I guess we'll see. While Oklahoma & OSU play Texas & Northwestern. Georgia will be playing the #1 team that hasnt had a game closer than 22 points all season.... And has been called one of the better teams ever.... And all OSU & Oklahoma have to do is beat Texas or Northwestern....

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

If Georgia loses they are out unless Oklahoma and OSU both lose, then they would still have a shot.  There’s really no discussion past that.  If they put a 2 loss GA team in over a 1 loss conf champ, the playoff committee loses all credibility.  It’s already a joke that’s it’s not an 8 team playoff (5 major conf champs + 3 at large)

They lost all credibility when Bama was given a mulligan in 2011 and 2017 In 2007 Georgia was dropped from 2 to 4, in the last BCS poll of the year because we didn't win our division or conference.Even though LSu lost to Kentucky in game 11. Apply the same standard. Don't win your conference? Go home.

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

The point I'm making is the way they have done it the top 4 is subjective 

By saying "best 4 teams" they have made it clear they don't care about the records so what's stopping them from doing what i just described?? 

I don't think Notre Dame should be in because they aren't power 5 and barley escaped a 7 loss USC team and barley escaped northwestern and the best win Notre Dame had was Michigan who was just obliterated by Ohio State but money talks

Notre Dame is in there for name alone 

Idc if herbstreit agrees,  the guy is like the rest of ESPN so called "geniuses" can't even get simple facts right

Like that moron kept claiming Shawn Wade was a IMG player when he went to frekin Trinity Christian

Shows how much research that clown does

How is being up by two touchdowns and giving up  a late touchdown barely escaping?  Clemson scoring with 41 seconds left in the game to beat Syracuse is barely escaping.  Who has better wins than ND that should be in front of them?  

It's like people want ND to have a quality loss.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

What you said in the bolded part is what matters.

Not some fans being upset because a 1 loss team didnt get in over a better 2 loss team.

This is the only question that matters... Going by each teams results...

If Oklahoma, Ohio St., and Georgia all played each other... Who would you pick to win the most games, or to look the most impressive.

Its pretty clear those 3 are gonna fight for the #4 spot unless something drastic happens....... So who looks like the best team of the 3? Thats the only thing that should matter. Thats why the committee said they picked Bama over Ohio St. last year... Because they thought Bama was better.

If all had the same schedules we could talk.  Who on UGA schedule has the offense to keep up with OU?  To answer the original question though, Alabama is in with a loss to UGA.  They aren't going to lose though.

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I recall OU taking Georgia to OT.  Does that mean Georgia was middling?

You probably recall that from LAST year. Their D wasnt great last year, but it was much better than it is this season.

In their last 4 games they have given up 189 points. 47.2 ppg..... And of those 4 teams only 1 is Top 25.

44 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

And I expect OSU and OK to both win BIG.

OU will put up a lot of points on TX for sure, but they are going to give up a lot too.  TX Oline pushed them around a lot and the QB ran the same off tackle run for big yards about a dozen times.  Plus TX has two very big wideouts that they can go to if OU somehow figured out how to stop the run.  I think OU goes down.

59 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

If all had the same schedules we could talk.  Who on UGA schedule has the offense to keep up with OU?  To answer the original question though, Alabama is in with a loss to UGA.  They aren't going to lose though.

Plenty on UGAs schedule would have the offense to keep up with Oklahoma because their D sucks.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What if Ohio State and Oklahoma both lose?

I've seen crazier stuff happen.

Pretty improbable statistically. 

Vegas is telling us with moneylines, Tx wins 1 out of 3 games and Northwestern wins 1 out of 5. 

.33 x .2 = .067 so about a 7% chance that happens. 

6 minutes ago, On2whls said:

OU will put up a lot of points on TX for sure, but they are going to give up a lot too.  TX Oline pushed them around a lot and the QB ran the same off tackle run for big yards about a dozen times.  Plus TX has two very big wideouts that they can go to if OU somehow figured out how to stop the run.  I think OU goes down.

OU Big in revenge game. 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Youre wrong. ... I hate when people say shit like that... Nobody would have Bama Top 4 at 6-6 unless theyd lost to the #1, #2, & #3 teams twice each... Might be possible then. Or if they had crazy good wins.

W/L record doesnt determine shit. Well...its about 20% of the pie... Overall body of work, how teams are playing now... And simply who is playing the best.

Oklahoma defense is awful... They just about HAVE to score 60 points a week to win their games. OK has to play Texas

Ohio St. lost by 29 to Purdue and hasnt looked great except against Michigan. Ohio St. has to Northwestern...

GA is 11-1 and is playing the very well... They are about to play the #1 team in America that some are calling one of the best teams ever, that hasnt had a game within 22 points yet. Should they really be punished if they lose a very close game? While ND doesnt even play a Conference Championship.... And Clemson is playing fugging Pitt. OSU is playing Northwestern... C'mon.

Kirk Herbstreit agrees. Mark my words, if GA loses a very close one, it may cause an uproar...but UGA may still go. 

If UGA loses by 1pt on a miracle hail mary from Tua, I guarantee you that UGA does not go to the playoffs.  Book it.  

55 minutes ago, ron169 said:

If UGA loses close, they are out. Reason being that if you leave them in they are the 4 seed and the very next game is a rematch against bama. They aren’t going to let the two teams play back to back games, plus risk losing viewers west of the Mississippi. Oklahoma gets in. 

This is pretty spot on.