Does Bama still get in playoff if they lose?

Cossacks

3 hours ago, JCGIII said:

They lost all credibility when Bama was given a mulligan in 2011 and 2017 In 2007 Georgia was dropped from 2 to 4, in the last BCS poll of the year because we didn't win our division or conference.Even though LSu lost to Kentucky in game 11. Apply the same standard. Don't win your conference? Go home.

That UGA team in 2007 would have easily contended with both teams in the MNc game that year.   They were good, really good.  They woulda won a playoff that year had they had one back then IMO.  

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

And Ohio St. & Oklahoma have already lost to inferior teams.... If either went thatd definitely be a 2nd chance. Who loses to Purdue by 29 points & still makes the playoffs? 

Who loses twice and make the playoffs? Nobody so far.

Who gets held to 21 in regulation and goes to OT versus Army, comes within a two-point conversion of losing to Ok St, gives up nearly 50 ppg to teams sporting a combined 22-25 record over the past four weeks and has the #102 ranked defense, and makes the playoffs?

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

This OSU team needed OT to beat Maryland 52-52 2 weeks ago. They shouldve lost to a bad Nebraska team. They were killed by 29 to Purdue. Too many WTF moments.

Oklahoma has a good O, but a sorry D.... And that might beat middling teams, but that will fail you against the better teams.

Maryland beat Texas, who beat...

And Oklahoma has several WTF games.

If Georgia beats Bama they're in. If they don't, they play in an also-ran bowl.

7 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Still think it won't be that big of a debate. OU wins that argument pretty easily. 

Easily?

No. Someone in the committee room will hopefully point out that the #102 ranked defense in the country would not get a stop against Bama nor Clemson.  Ohio State could at least get stops every now and then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Colgate played army pretty tough 10 days or so ago.

Colgate plays James Madison sat in fcs playoffs. Should be great game. Colgate has the #1 D (I think in the fcs) 

Yea I saw that. Lot of Colgate fans at that game. Yea colgate defense is apparently very good. Held the army offense to 28 points. 

James Madison just lost their coach to Charlotte 

Alabama has more ranked wins than anyone in the playoff discussion (four). 

Beat #10 29-0 

Beat #18 24-0 

Beat #19 45-23

Beat #24 39-10  

They’ve won all 12 games by 22+ points are more. The only other team to do that in HISTORY was Yale in the late 1800s. They're scoring 49 ppg, giving up 13. They are without a doubt one of the top four teams in college football this season. 

I think Georgia is really good this year. Damn good. Much better than the LSU showing. Only problem is they’re playing No. 1 on Saturday and that’s an issue they will not solve. They will test Bama but they will not pass, they will not hit go and they will not collect $200. 

It’s OU vs Ohio State. Let’s see who looks impressive and let those folks tally up their 13 game body of work  

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Alabama has more ranked wins than anyone in the playoff discussion (four). 

Beat #10 29-0 

Beat #18 24-0 

Beat #19 45-23

Beat #24 39-10  

They’ve won all 12 games by 22+ points are more. The only other team to do that in HISTORY was Yale in the late 1800s. They're scoring 49 ppg, giving up 13. They are without a doubt one of the top four teams in college football this season. 

I think Georgia is really good this year. Damn good. Much better than the LSU showing. Only problem is they’re playing No. 1 on Saturday and that’s an issue they will not solve. They will test Bama but they will not pass, they will not hit go and they will not collect $200. 

It’s OU vs Ohio State. Let’s see who looks impressive and let those folks tally up their 13 game body of work  

The Buckeyes just got through putting up 62 points on the best defense in the nation(Couldn't even say that with a straight face). 

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

They got a mulligan last year. Ohio state got a mulligan. 

And neither deserved one in my opine. Lose early? Okay, i'm on board. Lose in December? '"You're outta here." Or should be. We to have six, count em, scholarship seniors on the three deep. Kirby inherited a group of whom too many of the Richt boys didn't want to behave, much less pay the price. And He cleaned house after 16'. Saturday, we'll start either seven or nine true freshman.....on defense! Bama should wear us out in the 2nd half. I'm not delusional. But if Bama loses to this kind of youth movement, then the Tide doesn't deserve the Gator Bowl.

53 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

And neither deserved one in my opine. Lose early? Okay, i'm on board. Lose in December? '"You're outta here." Or should be. We to have six, count em, scholarship seniors on the three deep. Kirby inherited a group of whom too many of the Richt boys didn't want to behave, much less pay the price. And He cleaned house after 16'. Saturday, we'll start either seven or nine true freshman.....on defense! Bama should wear us out in the 2nd half. I'm not delusional. But if Bama loses to this kind of youth movement, then the Tide doesn't deserve the Gator Bowl.

Both teams I mentioned went on to win the NC. So obv they deserved to be there. I think alabama wins but I think itll be a fun game on Saturday 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Both teams I mentioned went on to win the NC. So obv they deserved to be there. I think alabama wins but I think itll be a fun game on Saturday 

All of SEC is pulling for UGA so they can get 2 sec teams in after LSU blew it against Texas A&M (otherwise LSU probably would have had a shot in that scenario i spoke of yesterday despite how little they would deserve it) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, concha said:

If Georgia beats Bama they're in. If they don't, they play in an also-ran bowl.

When did the Sugar Bowl become an also-ran bowl, college football Einstein?

Some consider it the best bowl with the best bowl atmosphere.

Georgia will probably play Texas in this year's Sugar......NOLA will be rocking.

• Like 1