Cartersville Ga...

954gator

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Just realized Cartersville is ranked in the top 10 in Cpreps ahead of teams like Rome etc.   How is that even possible?  Did Cartersville play a tough schedule or something?  Otherwise it makes no sense.   Maybe it's bc they played an OOS game last year or something?    Another Cpreps glitch?

Image result for matrix gif

It's CP...

Cartersville is Decent but they're not winning state...

They lose tomorrow matter a fact... 

Marist is gonna beat em...

36 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Just realized Cartersville is ranked in the top 10 in Cpreps ahead of teams like Rome etc.   How is that even possible?  Did Cartersville play a tough schedule or something?  Otherwise it makes no sense.   Maybe it's bc they played an OOS game last year or something?    Another Cpreps glitch?

Massey has it different and favors Rome (but also does not have them with a single top 350 win) but looking at CP, they look almost identical down to the opponent's W-L record.  Of course you've got a scale set on 2 different classes to guesstimate off of, not easy.   Then there's the playoff boost that basically imo fucks up any chance of OOS comparison.   Teams will spike up simply for moving on in playoffs, while others will benefit from second spins and others will lose early to a strong team and not get a low hanging fruit boost.  This is the clear flaw in my power rating attempt.   I'd like it to be stratomatic, but with some teams it becomes chutes and ladders unfortunately.  

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

It's CP...

Cartersville is Decent but they're not winning state...

They lose tomorrow matter a fact... 

Marist is gonna beat em...

It wouldn’t be a shocker to see them beat Marist and Blessed Trinity to win state, but they will still be #11 or 12 in the entire state of GA. 

23 minutes ago, 954gator said:

My point wasn’t who is better but why Cartersville is rated above Rome.   Have they played anyone on the level of a Marrietta?   We all give Marrietta shit, but in context they are still a team that would wreck most teams in the lower classes.  

Not sure.... Troups pretty highly rated & Cartersville crushed em. 

When Marietta lost to East Coweta in the playoffs, it dropped them pretty far and that hurt Romes SoS. But Im pretty sure Marietta was without Harrison Bailey in that game.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

My point wasn’t who is better but why Cartersville is rated above Rome.   Have they played anyone on the level of a Marrietta?   We all give Marrietta shit, but in context they are still a team that would wreck most teams in the lower classes.  

Nope.... 

Idk why Cartersville is over Rome... 

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I guess we know now, unless it's something else....

BGW

Well now it would make more sense for them to be ranked higher, but when they were both undefeated Rome had a better case.   I'd probably still take em over Cartersville.   You think Cartersville beats Warner Robins?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:21 AM, 954gator said:

Cartersville is Tier 5. 

Thats all you need to refer to.

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Well now it would make more sense for them to be ranked higher, but when they were both undefeated Rome had a better case.   I'd probably still take em over Cartersville.   You think Cartersville beats Warner Robins?

Damn good question, 4a versus 5a....

W/R... nobody gave them a chance over Rome, pretty sure W/R wasn’t listening. 

Yeah in retrospect I’m taking W/R in that scenario. 

Cartersville has a nice program to be able to sustain even after grad losses. 

BGW