Excuse Thread - December 1

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I enjoy hearing how Socal really has better teams to send to play Folsom but they’d just rather play Cc, MD, SJB and DLS back to back 

Socal teams feel a way more sense of accomplishment beating other SoCal teams.

Nocal just isn’t thought of much. Although, DLS is highly respected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

This is rich!  The only two teams that ever had a chance were MD and SJB. The rest of the teams aren’t even close, including C10, who got waxed. Where’s the sense of accomplishment getting running clocked against transfer all star teams?

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

Folsom would have a very good case for being the 2nd most accomplished CA team this decade (‘10 - present)

-  3-0 I’m SBGs (avg MOV > 30)

— 6 top 50 finishes (inc top 5 and top 10)

— maybe CC, but they’re 0-4 in SBGs 

— both are 0-3 v DLS (Avg MOV v Folsom = 22; v CC = 16)

Maybe SJB, but they arrived on scene in 2013 and Folsom had better team in 2014

MD too recent 

next candidate is............:

.......... who?  Seriously, any nominees?  Doesn’t seem so to me.

seems to me socal just refuses to acknowledge certain teams until they hit you over the head, then you say, that’s not really your best head 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

seems to me socal just refuses to acknowledge certain teams until they hit you over the head, then you say, that’s not really your best head 

No, SoCal just understands that Ws and Ls aren't the only measurement.

Everybody knows that NorCal teams would almost all be a tier lower in perception if they had to play SoCal more regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Goldmember said:

Who'd they beat though?

Oceanside, Helix and Serra.

They beat teams on the 2nd tier. You can't claim to be 1st tier, and second most accomplished in the entire state, if your signature wins are against Oceanside and Helix.

Their signature wins in time frame were probably back to back 20+ wins against 2 top 25 teams with a slew of future NFL players in Grant and Serra in 2010

they anticipated that their 2014 team, their beat, would play DLS in NorCal Open (then CC? In SBG) until COF changes playoff format in August 

no one besides DLS has beaten half of Folsom’s teams this decade 

moreover, instead of bitching, name someone else — I did and makes a case — all you ever do is take a contra position 

inwas responding to socal guy that said Folsom unworthy of respect (+|-) so I pointed out they’re CA’s #2 team this decade and certainly no lower than #5 no matter how you look at it (except with your eyes closed)

8 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

This is kinda like when you claimed that California had a case for being the 2nd best team in the state in 2010 because they only lost to DLS by 14.

Silly then and silly now.

Way to take something from 8 years ago out of context 

it is vaguely analogous but inserting that here now is just dishonest 

Make a case for someone else 

You can not 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Their signature wins in time frame were probably back to back 20+ wins against 2 top 25 teams with a slew of future NFL players in Grant and Serra in 2010

Now treat Grant and Serra like you would other programs with a perceived "slew" of talent.

In fact, you routinely mock Serra for being overrated but that was before you needed them to prop up your preconceived notion.

The point being that Folsom doesn't have very many meaningful wins.

If I accept your premise (which I don't) their best wins in the last 9 years are 2010 Grant, 2010 Serra, 2014 Oceanside and 2017 Helix.

How is that in any way the resume of the 2nd most accomplished program in California?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Now treat Grant and Serra like you would other programs with a perceived "slew" of talent.

In fact, you routinely mock Serra for being overrated but that was before you needed them to prop up your preconceived notion.

The point being that Folsom doesn't have very many meaningful wins.

If I accept your premise (which I don't) their best wins in the last 9 years are 2010 Grant, 2010 Serra, 2014 Oceanside and 2017 Helix.

How is that in any way the resume of the 2nd most accomplished program in California?

Im not going to respond anymore on this unless it’s to you making a case FOR someone 

Anyone with half a brain in here can tear any other team apart 

do you have the other half

to be clear, I think #2, but don’t think there’s anyone else to even consider except DLS, CC, SJB, and MD so accept that or give me a different team 

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:
nptb17
   20 minutes ago,  Sammyswordsmansaid: 

Which Ohio teams would you send to OOS games next year

Most teams already have their schedules set for next season so it really doesn't matter.  

Remember, Colerain is such a beast that nobody will play them.

Colerain, now 14 straight seasons without a state championship.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1