#1 Alabama vs #4 OU and #2 Clemson vs #4 Notre Dame (other bowl games)

RedZone

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

No they wouldn't.  Where is the game being played?  USC comes east every other year.  How many times does Auburn go west?

Game would be probably played in dallas. Just like when alabama played USC. They would meet halfway. Auburn would beat USC. USC this year was terrible. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Nd has their built in off week...ball state....supposed to be a walk over but yet nd struggled. Vanderbilt the bottom feeder sec school. Struggled. USC struggled. Three games they should have been able to sleep through

I already went over the USC game.  ND had to make sure that Helton didn't get fired.  They let the fans and AD get happy that USC can keep it close against a top 5 school and maybe next year they will be ready to turn the corner.  Ball St and Vanderbilt were games played with Wimbush playing quarterback.

2 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Yes, but YOU did state that undefeated records mattered, did you not?

And you can't back track to the "conferences thing." Notre Dame isn't even in a conference.

No they are not officially in a conference but they play a part time acc schedule. 

Group 5 undefeated doesnt matter. You have to be power 5 undefeated. Group 5 schools will never matter and will never be considered. Like I said you can go ask boise state about that

Just now, HSFBfan said:

No they are not officially in a conference but they play a part time acc schedule. 

Group 5 undefeated doesnt matter. You have to be power 5 undefeated. Group 5 schools will never matter and will never be considered. Like I said you can go ask boise state about that

So you CAN be an undefeated school OUTSIDE the power 5 and get in, per what you are saying? example- Notre Dame.

Just now, nptb17 said:

I already went over the USC game.  ND had to make sure that Helton didn't get fired.  They let the fans and AD get happy that USC can keep it close against a top 5 school and maybe next year they will be ready to turn the corner.  Ball St and Vanderbilt were games played with Wimbush playing quarterback.

Still struggled. Not anyone fault who they decide to play at QB. Ian book should have been identified as the starter out of summer practices 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Notre dame is considered a power 5 school. Always has been. And being part time acc schedule backs that up. 

LOL you can't not be in a conference and then claim to be a "power 5 school" It doesn't work that way. Then turn around and say "well we are PART TIME ACC!" And that is simply a regional decision and those games are hand picked as well! If they were really anything "ACC" they would play Clemson. And we both know that game is NEVER going to be scheduled regular season.

Just now, TheHotisBlock said:

LOL you can't not be in a conference and then claim to be a "power 5 school" It doesn't work that way. Then turn around and say "well we are PART TIME ACC!" And that is simply a regional decision and those games are hand picked as well! If they were really anything "ACC" they would play Clemson. And we both know that game is NEVER going to be scheduled regular season.

I agree. Nd clemson will probably never happen which is ridiculous. If your gonna somewhat join the acc play the best of the acc. As we stated half hour ago Notre dame bring fans and money. Doesnt matter if clemson destroys them the ratings wi be very good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree. Nd clemson will probably never happen which is ridiculous. If your gonna somewhat join the acc play the best of the acc. As we stated half hour ago Notre dame bring fans and money. Doesnt matter if clemson destroys them the ratings wi be very good

Yes, ratings may be good.

Remember before the CFP and Notre Dame got picked to play Bama for the national title and got absolutely destroyed!? They didn't belong on the same field. It was the worst game ever. I don't want to see that again this year with Notre Dame and Clemson. Notre Dame nearly lost to 5-7 USC. Imagine what Clemson and that D will do to them!

Just now, TheHotisBlock said:

Yes, ratings may be good.

Remember before the CFP and Notre Dame got picked to play Bama for the national title and got absolutely destroyed!? They didn't belong on the same field. It was the worst game ever. I don't want to see that again this year with Notre Dame and Clemson. Notre Dame nearly lost to 5-7 USC. Imagine what Clemson and that D will do to them!

I dont think Notre dame will beat Clemson by any stretch. And I dont believe alabama will destroy Oklahoma. I dont believe after watching alabama play gerorgia alabama can win the NC this year. Clemson I believe is top dog just like saban voted them #1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont think Notre dame will beat Clemson by any stretch. And I dont believe alabama will destroy Oklahoma. I dont believe after watching alabama play gerorgia alabama can win the NC this year. Clemson I believe is top dog just like saban voted them #1

I don't disagree. But Notre Dame is opening up at a 2 score dog to Clemson. It could be bad!

4 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

I think the committee knew if ND was #4 it was a horrible match up for them, so figured #3 wouldn't be as bad. It's just dumb and not the way it should be.

4 best teams, not if, ands, or buts!

Than you would have to include UCF with their undefeated record. Which is a horrible game. UCF is a 10 point dog to LSU in their bowl game. 

Not all schedules are created equal. Not all conferences are equal. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Than you would have to include UCF with their undefeated record. Which is a horrible game. UCF is a 10 point dog to LSU in their bowl game. 

Not all schedules are created equal. Not all conferences are equal. 

No, you would add GA or Ohio State as they are both better than Notre Dame & UCF, regardless of record.

28 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

You make pretty good points, but there's no question ND played a tougher schedule than UCF.  

• Like 1