#1 Alabama vs #4 OU and #2 Clemson vs #4 Notre Dame (other bowl games)

RedZone

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

This time they will though

Michigan was going to the playoffs with a W over Ohio state and then Northwestern.  Now they're playing in a bowl game that means nothing to them.

Florida is the team that's excited to be there and will win. This will probably be my largest bet of the season as long as no knuckleheads get suspended for doing some dumb shit

Khaki Boy needs a win and some hardware.

I imagine patience is wearing thin in Ann Arbor.

11 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Georgia like Michigan cares how much about this consolidation game?

Probably true inherently for both GA and Michigan.  However, it’s the coaches job to get these kids motivated for the game.  We will see if Kirby and Harbaugh can get their respective squads up to the task at hand.  

16 minutes ago, concha said:

8 possessions

3 scores

By the super-duper historic offense.

7 possessions if you count the possession before halftime

Missed FG to end the game

Other possession was with 140 left before halftime starting at their own 5.  Not really a true offensive possession when you're forced to go hurry up in order to try and score. The defensive team can just keep everything in front. 

6 real possessions 

3 TD's

1 missed FG

1 interception

One turnover on downs at the 1

8 possessions if you count OT(Counting OT I say 7 possessions) which means 28 points.  I don't count the starting at your own 5 with 140 left in the half as a real possession.  Your playcalling is limited there

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

ThAts it! Tinker. Perfect. 

@HawgGoneIt either returns to being a respectful poster or he will forever be know as Tinkerbell. 

Good stuff. 

I don't understand why more people don't enjoy your posts. Oh, yeah. Because you nail it so often! lol

“Birds of a familiar feather flock together”~ unknown 

Now I’m concerned, it’s intervention time for Nooner. 😳😁

BGW

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

7 possessions if you count the possession before halftime

Missed FG to end the game

Other possession was with 140 left before halftime.  Not really a true offensive possession when you're forced to go hurry up in order to try and score. The defensive team can just keep everything in front. 

6 real possessions 

3 TD's

1 missed FG

1 interception

One turnover on downs at the 1

7 real possessions (I had corrected this).

Army had possession of the ball to end the first half.

Missed FGs are part of the game and a final four team should not be tied with Army with 3 seconds left in regulation.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

7 real possessions (I had corrected this).

Army had possession of the ball to end the first half.

Missed FGs are part of the game and a final four team should not be tied with Army with 3 seconds left in regulation.

Yes because OU punted, but you're expecting them to drive from their own 5 with 140 left.  Your offense at that point becomes predictable.  Army can play Cover 3 and rally up. That too me isn't a real offensive possession. It's the only possession OU punted.  Coincidence,  I think not

Missed FG's are part of the game,  but I wouldn't use it against the offense. They put their kicker in position to win the game(38 yard fg) and didn't.  They didn't have to score a td

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

I was on Army in that game,  but Army didn't stop OU's offense,  Army's offense did. Army's offense held the ball and killed the clock,  limiting possessions

If you read my earlier post, I tried to explain that to him but he's only looking at the name on the front of the jerseys.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

What happened in the 2nd half. 

No doubt... Oklahoma shredded UGAs D in the 1st half.

UGA calmed down and almost completely shut down Oklahomas O in the 2nd half. 

A lot of people were unhappy with OU selection last year too, but OU team with a slightly worse offense and slightly better defense took GA to OT.  I guess the committee was way off.  The right selection would have gone to at least 3 OT’s.

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Alabama 65, Oklahoma 27 

Clemson 35, Notre Dame 17

Alabama 38, Clemson 24

There... Its done.

ND 28 - Clemson 21   ....Irish mess with Trevor lawrence all game 

Bama - 46 -  OU 38 

ND 28 -  Bama 21 ....................there done.............................

Just now, SJR89 said:

ND 28 - Clemson 21   ....Irish mess with Trevor lawrence all game 

Bama - 46 -  OU 38 

ND 28 -  Bama 21 ....................there done.............................

on a side note...attended a massive convention in Chicago last week for Healthcare....met a guy from alabama...he went there etc...he was so anti-Notre Dame it made me realize this seemed more to be anti-Catholic as well....he spoke with real hatred on the Irish when we talked about the CFP....unfortunately it was in my companies booth and could not introduce him to some North Jersey Catholic love....lol  

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

on a side note...attended a massive convention in Chicago last week for Healthcare....met a guy from alabama...he went there etc...he was so anti-Notre Dame it made me realize this seemed more to be anti-Catholic as well....he spoke with real hatred on the Irish when we talked about the CFP....unfortunately it was in my companies booth and could not introduce him to some North Jersey Catholic love....lol  

Alabama hates ND because of 1966 and Ara tied one for the Gipper.  An undefeated, untied Bama was not NC - a once-tied ND was awarded it.  They still cheer in Bryant-Denny when a score is announced and ND is losing.  Not a religious thing - but they are taught to hate ND in that state.

19 minutes ago, concha said:

Duke dropped 34 on Army.

Hawaii matched Oklahoma in regulation.

Miami of Ohio... Eastern Michigan... more than the Sooners.

How hard is it to get up for Eastern Michigan compared to OU.  Come on man.  OU is a big play TD waiting to happen and Alabama will find that out in a month.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

How hard is it to get up for Eastern Michigan compared to OU.  Come on man.  OU is a big play TD waiting to happen and Alabama will find that out in a month.

OU may very well score 30 but they will give up 60. Horrible defense. By the rules they deserve to be in but the best 4 teams are Bama Clemson GA ND.

GA is going to be a beast next yr. They have 5 frigging seniors 

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

OU may very well score 30 but they will give up 60. Horrible defense. By the rules they deserve to be in but the best 4 teams are Bama Clemson GA ND.

GA is going to be a beast next yr. They have 5 frigging seniors 

UGA can't blame anyone but LSU and Alabama.  Win those games, they would be in the playoffs.  I think Alabama outscores them as well but their play calling has been suspect.  it was like they were trying to get Tua the Heisman yesterday with all the passing they were doing.

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

UGA can't blame anyone but LSU and Alabama.  Win those games, they would be in the playoffs.  I think Alabama outscores them as well but their play calling has been suspect.  it was like they were trying to get Tua the Heisman yesterday with all the passing they were doing.

Bama beats OU without Tua

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

What im saying is...

It makes no sense that yesterday it was 4. Georgia, 5. Oklahoma, 6. Ohio St. ...

And then Oklahoma beats a 4 loss Texas team, Ohio St. beats 5 loss Northwestern.... And Georgia plays a great game with the #1 team in America, 12-0 Alabama, ...

Georgia looks far better doing that than OSU does beating Northwestern, and Oklahoma does beating Texas...

So why does it change? All because a team added Conference Champion to their title? 

They said being Conference Champion was basically the difference in Oklahoma & Georgis being 4 & 5.... Then why the hell wouldnt Ohio St. be ahead of Georgia too.

They were just too afraid of national backlash if they put a 2 loss team in to play a rematch of a game weve already seen twice in 11 months.

IMO - The LSU loss cant be over looked.  Not only did Alabama beat LSU so did Florida and Texas A&M.

had the Dawgs been undefeated and played like this vs Alabama they would have made it with 1 loss

• Like 1